|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Omar's 12th birthday request do to his mothers?
(a) Bring them to agreement.
(b) Stop fighting.
(c) Speak for the first time in years.
(d) Individuate them.
2. After whom does the narrator name the hero of his story?
(a) The Great Poet of Persia.
(b) The Famous Doctor of Egypt.
(c) The Great Poet of India.
(d) The First Sultan of Arabia.
3. What country is mentioned as invading Afghanistan at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What sort of guests compose the majority of the girls' coming-out party?
(a) Wealthy locals.
5. For how long has Old Man Shakil been a widow?
(a) 23 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 29 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Hashmat Bibi die?
2. Who comes to Omar's aid when he is overwhelmed by the religious zealots?
3. What is Omar called by the two religious zealots?
4. Which of the following languages does Omar not master on his own?
5. What do the sisters purchase from the handyman Mistri Yakoob Balloch?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)