|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many male servants remain in the Shakil sisters' house?
2. By how many breasts is Omar nourished?
3. What is Omar called by the two religious zealots?
(a) The Salt of the Earth.
(b) The Fruit of Evil.
(c) The Angels' Blessed.
(d) The Devil's seed.
4. How do the sisters continue to pay for the house's regular needs?
(a) By selling their children into slavery.
(b) By prostituting themselves.
(c) By using their inheritance.
(d) By selling the household treasures piece-by-piece.
5. Whose execution does the narrator mention while visiting his poet friend who lives in Karachi?
(a) Jeremiah Burden.
(b) Omar Khayyam.
(c) Frederick Hapsburg.
(d) Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a powerful effect on Omar when seen through his telescope?
2. What significant event happens to the girls at their coming-out party?
3. What is the first sight of Omar Khayyam Shakil?
4. For how long does Omar sleep at night?
5. What does Omar's 12th birthday request do to his mothers?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)