Part 1 Chapter 1
1. Which of the following does Old Man Shakil hate?
(a) His eldest son.
(b) The foreign blacksmith.
(c) The native bazaar.
(d) The trade route.
2. For how long has Old Man Shakil been a widow?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 29 years.
(d) 23 years.
3. How many daughters does Old Man Shakil have?
4. About what do Old Man Shakil's daughters regularly fantasize?
(d) Male genitalia.
5. What sort of guests compose the majority of the girls' coming-out party?
(a) Wealthy locals.
6. What significant event happens to the girls at their coming-out party?
(a) One of them becomes pregnant.
(b) They find their father's journal.
(c) One of them is killed.
(d) They are kidnapped.
7. What do the sisters purchase from the handyman Mistri Yakoob Balloch?
(a) A chest of tools.
(b) A dumbwaiter.
(c) A yacht.
(d) Three years of service.
8. What happens to Mistri Yakoob Balloch after his deal is made with the sisters?
(a) He dies suspiciously.
(b) He impregnates one of the sisters.
(c) He kidnaps two of the sisters.
(d) He is arrested and taken to prison.
This section contains 3,632 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)