|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph does not believe himself to be ____________________.
2. Lonnie brags to a crowd of people that he and Ralph are _________________.
(a) world travelers.
(b) rodeo cowboys.
3. Why does Ralph give money to Lonnie?
(a) To prepare meals.
(b) To buy new clothes.
(c) To phone home.
(d) To fix up the car.
4. Ralph and Lonnie begin making a good living by doing what?
(a) Stocking shelves.
(b) Cleaning businesses.
(c) Selling busts.
(d) Herding cattle.
5. What does Ralph stock up on while in town?
(a) Bubble gum.
(d) Comic books.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the town of Safford located?
2. How much money will Ralph need to make the purchase in #170?
3. Why do Ralph and Lonnie return to El Paso?
4. What item of Ralph's does Lonnie trade for a used tire and some gas?
5. What does Lonnie do with his money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What startling fact does Ralph learn related to Lonnie's leaving town?
2. How is Lonnie more of a hindrance than a help regarding the clay bust work and what does Ralph need to do so that the artwork will not be ruined?
3. What does Ralph decide to do when Lonnie starts to drain his money and what kind of person does this show Ralph to be?
4. What does Ralph encourage Lonnie to do when Lonnie tells him he is broke, and what does Ralph think when Lonnie leaves the theater halfway through a movie?
5. What expenses do the boys incur in El Paso that really drains their funds?
6. What is shown about the boys' personalities in this section?
7. What is Ralph's plan for making money from the art jobs when it becomes difficult finding work in the small towns outside of El Paso?
8. Why are the boys still not able to get ranch jobs, and why does Lonnie turn down a job?
9. How much of a down payment does the banker give Ralph and how quickly does Ralph prepare the banker's clay bust?
10. What does Lonnie do in his overzealous approach to the clay bust for the banker?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)