|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph stock up on while in town?
(a) Bubble gum.
(b) Comic books.
2. What does Lonnie focus on as Ralph does the majority of the work?
(a) Writing letters home.
(b) Fixing the car.
(c) Preparing the meals.
(d) Looking for ranch jobs.
3. What does Ralph think Lonnie doing when Lonnie leaves him in the movie theater?
(a) Going to the men's room.
(b) Meeting some girls.
(c) Getting some popcorn.
(d) Going out to smoke.
4. Ralph makes busts made of clay and ____________.
5. What do Ralph and Lonnie spend most of Christmas afternoon trying to do?
(a) Cook dinner over an open fire.
(b) Fix the car.
(c) Catch a cow.
(d) Take naps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ralph headed as the story ends?
2. What do Ralph and Lonnie do on Christmas night?
3. Why does Ralph wake early on Christmas?
4. How much does the banker give Ralph as a deposit on the bust?
5. What is another thing Ralph buys for Lonnie when he is in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the difficult time that Ralph has with the attorney in El Paso.
2. Why does Lonnie have to walk to town the next morning?
3. What does Lonnie do as Ralph works on the clay bust?
4. What does Lonnie do in his overzealous approach to the clay bust for the banker?
5. What happens after the banker approves the clay bust?
6. What does Lonnie insist on doing when he has fully paid his portion of the car?
7. How does Lonnie show his bartering skills in town?
8. What is shown about the boys' personalities in this section?
9. What does Ralph decide to do when Lonnie starts to drain his money and what kind of person does this show Ralph to be?
10. Why do the boys end up driving to El Paso?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)