|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ralph's family doctor?
(a) Dr. Gaghan.
(b) Dr. Garrison.
(c) Dr. Goodwin.
(d) Dr. Vincente.
2. How does Ralph know the man in #22?
(a) He is the mayor of the town.
(b) He is the army recruiter who turned Ralph down.
(c) He is a train engineer.
(d) He knew him from when Ralph's family lived in Colorado.
3. Ralph does not want to buy the car because if has flaky paint and __________________.
(a) flat tires.
(b) a broken spring.
(c) no exhaust pipe.
(d) a dead battery.
4. How many falls does Ralph do during the next week?
5. How long do the doctors expect that Ralph will live with the disease?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) 2-3 months.
(d) Many years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lonnie offer to do the next day?
2. What does Ted advise Ralph to do today?
3. Where does Ralph go to look for saddles for Lonnie and himself?
4. The conductor tells Ralph that if Ralph ever needs to jump a train again he should jump a _______________ train.
5. Where did Ralph work during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the second group of riders fare when it is their turn to take the falls?
2. What deal does Ralph make with the movie people and how much does he earn in a week?
3. What job is Ted having a hard time filling on the movie set and how much could Ralph earn is he were willing to do it?
4. Why was Ralph not able to serve in the military during World War I?
5. What is Ralph's opinion of the mechanic when Ralph returns to ask a few questions about the car?
6. What deal does Lonnie make for the car and what is Mr. Larsen's opinion of the deal?
7. How does the mechanic back out on his deal with the boys, and what does he do to try to keep the boys from taking the car?
8. Who is Ralph's family doctor and what does the doctor encourage Ralph to do to help his condition?
9. What are Ralph's two main concerns when he is unable to secure a job after a week?
10. What advice does Mr. Larsen eventually give Lonnie regarding the car?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)