|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The movie company is looking for whom for the stunt in #31?
(a) Young boys.
2. What is the job in the town in #20?
(a) Cattle brander.
(b) House painter.
(c) Stunt man on movie set.
(d) Road crew worker.
3. Who was Ralph's roommate during the war?
4. What advice does Mr. Larsen give to Lonnie?
(a) He should return to his hometown.
(b) He should get a college degree.
(c) He should rebuild the car's engine.
(d) He should wait awhile before getting married.
5. What do the people in #34 do when they arrive?
(a) Have dinner.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Meet the rest of the crew.
(d) Test their equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lonnie search for for Ralph?
2. What does the doctor order Ralph to do to recover from the horse falls?
3. Who had coached Ralph on which questions to ask?
4. Why could Ralph not serve in the war?
5. Lonnie tells Ralph that the __________________ on the car is broken.
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does the train conductor give Ralph about jumping trains?
2. What is revealed about Ralph's character in the first two chapters?
3. How does Ralph spend his first day on the movie set?
4. Explain the experience the boys have while trying to get the car up the hills?
5. Who creates a commotion on the movie set one night?
6. Who is Lonnie, and where do he and Ralph head to look for jobs?
7. What advice does Mr. Larsen eventually give Lonnie regarding the car?
8. Why does a doctor order Ralph to stay in bed for a week and what does Ralph do to pass the time?
9. Why does Lonnie have to walk back to Mesa the next day?
10. What is the important thing that Ted shows Ralph as he gives him a tour of the movie set?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)