|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph does not believe himself to be ____________________.
2. What trouble do the boys have with the car on this day?
(a) A tire is flat.
(b) A fan belt breaks.
(c) The battery dies.
(d) The radiator boils over.
3. What else does Lonnie pick up while he is in town?
(a) Piano music.
(b) A winter coat.
(d) Food for Christmas dinner.
4. How much does the banker give Ralph as a deposit on the bust?
5. What Texas town to Lonnie and Ralph head to next?
(c) El Paso.
6. Ralph jumps a freight train bound for which town?
(b) El Paso.
(c) St. Joseph.
7. Who is Ralph's sister to whom Ralph sends money?
8. What does Lonnie focus on as Ralph does the majority of the work?
(a) Fixing the car.
(b) Preparing the meals.
(c) Looking for ranch jobs.
(d) Writing letters home.
9. How much money does Ralph collect from the banker as the balance of the payment for the bust?
10. When do the boys go back to town to show the new banker his clay bust?
(a) In two days.
(b) In a few hours.
(c) In a week.
(d) The next morning.
11. What does Lonnie walk into town to get?
(c) A tire patch kit.
(d) A rope.
12. Why does Lonnie need the money every night?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To take out girls.
(c) To buy newspapers and snacks.
(d) To put gas in the car.
13. What quality of Lonnie's does Ralph not like?
(a) Lonnie takes credit for work he has not done.
(b) Lonnie drinks a bit too much.
(c) Lonnie never pays for food.
(d) Lonnie never re-pays loans.
14. What does Ralph buy Lonnie when he is in town?
15. Why does Lonnie refuse to take a job on one ranch?
(a) The rancher would not hire Ralph.
(b) The pay was too low.
(c) The work was for only two days.
(d) The work was too dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Ralph have hidden in the cuff of the overalls which Lonnie has taken?
2. Why does Ralph determine that it is best to stay away from big cities?
3. Essentially, Lonnie is _______________ to Ralph and the clay bust business.
4. What do Ralph and Lonnie spend most of Christmas afternoon trying to do?
5. Why does Ralph give money to Lonnie?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)