|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph do when Lonnie says he is broke in Kansas City?
(a) He tells Lonnie to get a job.
(b) He gives Lonnie some money.
(c) He tells Lonnie he doesn't have any money to give him.
(d) He tells Lonnie to sell the car.
2. Ralph and Lonnie begin making a good living by doing what?
(a) Herding cattle.
(b) Stocking shelves.
(c) Cleaning businesses.
(d) Selling busts.
3. Which word best describes Ralph and Lonnie?
4. Ralph jumps a freight train bound for which town?
(c) El Paso.
(d) St. Joseph.
5. What does Ralph find in the hotel room?
(a) A newly pressed suit.
(b) A goodbye note from Lonnie.
(c) A chocolate on his pillow.
(d) A basket of fruit.
6. When does Ralph show the banker the clay bust?
(a) The next day.
(b) The next week.
(c) In a few hours.
(d) In two months.
7. What trouble do the boys have with the car on this day?
(a) The radiator boils over.
(b) The battery dies.
(c) A fan belt breaks.
(d) A tire is flat.
8. What does Ralph offer to do for the banker?
(a) Wash his car.
(b) Make a bust.
(c) Run errands.
(d) Clean the bank.
9. What dish does Lonnie ask to have on Christmas?
(a) Rice pudding.
(c) Sweet potatoes.
10. How much money does Lonnie take out of their funds every night?
11. Ralph does not believe himself to be ____________________.
12. What does Ralph stock up on while in town?
(b) Bubble gum.
(c) Comic books.
13. To whom does Ralph send a postcard?
(a) His mother.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) Dr. Godown.
(d) Dr. Gaghan.
14. How much does Ralph spend each week on doctors?
15. How much does the banker give Ralph as a deposit on the bust?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys drive through the next morning?
2. What town do Ralph and Lonnie stop in in Chapter 9?
3. How does Lonnie feel about the process of making the busts?
4. Why do Ralph and Lonnie return to El Paso?
5. What does the garage attendant tell Ralph about Lonnie?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)