|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the couple do for Ralph?
(a) Loans him their car.
(b) Gives him a job.
(c) Cooks items from his special diet.
(d) Lets him board in their guest room.
2. Why is Ralph especially glad to get the movie set job?
(a) He has his first real meal in days.
(b) He loves meeting movie stars.
(c) He wants to be an actor.
(d) He likes working outdoors.
3. Why could Ralph not serve in the war?
(a) He was a conscientious objector.
(b) He was head of the family after his father died.
(c) He had flat feet.
(d) He had a psychological problem.
4. Who does Ralph ask questions of at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) The mechanic.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The attorney.
5. Where does Ralph practice falling?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A set of stairs.
(c) A gravel-covered hill.
(d) A moving car.
6. What is Ralph doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Waiting for a train.
(b) Visiting friends.
(c) Eating dinner.
7. What does Ralph do while Lonnie is on his way into town?
(a) Plans a daily trip schedule.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Practices with his rifle.
(d) Readies the car for the replacement of the part.
8. Most of the riders on the movie set make how many falls?
9. Lonnie tells Ralph that the __________________ on the car is broken.
(b) left headlight.
(c) half-moon key.
10. What does the mechanic agree to do for Ralph and Lonnie?
(a) Fix the car for a low fee.
(b) Give them both jobs.
(c) Give them four new tires for free.
(d) Let them use his garage and tools.
11. One of the stunts on a new movie set locations includes ______________________.
(a) a drowning simulation.
(b) a fall into a wagon.
(c) a fall down a hill.
(d) a shoot out.
12. Why does Ralph take Lonnie to the Larsens' restaurant?
(a) To talk to Mr. Larsen about the car.
(b) For a good meal before they move on.
(c) To treat him for his birthday.
(d) To see the cute waitress Mr. Larsen hired.
13. Where do Lonnie and Ralph get most of the parts to fix the car?
(a) The mechanic's shop.
(b) A car dealership.
(c) An auto parts store.
(d) The junkyard.
14. From where do the people in #34 come?
15. Who is Ralph's family doctor?
(a) Dr. Gaghan.
(b) Dr. Garrison.
(c) Dr. Vincente.
(d) Dr. Goodwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lonnie search for for Ralph?
2. What advice does Mr. Larsen give to Lonnie?
3. What does Ralph buy to entertain himself while he is recovering?
4. What does the conductor tell Ralph he should do if Ralph wants a job on a ranch?
5. When do Ralph and Lonnie get back on the road after repairing the car?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)