|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Ralph and Lonnie get back on the road after repairing the car?
(a) The next morning.
(b) That evening.
(c) The afternoon.
(d) The next night.
2. Who does Ralph ask questions of at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) The attorney.
(b) The mechanic.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The doctor.
3. What does the conductor tell Ralph he should do if Ralph wants a job on a ranch?
(a) Learn how to lasso.
(b) Build up his muscles.
(c) Buy a car.
(d) Use him as a reference.
4. What does Ralph think the person in #73 is trying to do?
(a) Be as diplomatic as possible.
(b) Deliver bad news.
(c) File a lawsuit.
(d) Hide something about the car.
5. What nationality are the Larsens?
6. What city is Ralph in at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(b) El Paso.
(c) Las Vegas.
7. How much could Ralph earn if he would be willing to do the stunt in #33?
(a) $50 per hour.
(b) $20 per bullseye.
(c) $30 per fall.
(d) $100 per jump.
8. Where do Lonnie and Ralph get most of the parts to fix the car?
(a) The mechanic's shop.
(b) A car dealership.
(c) The junkyard.
(d) An auto parts store.
9. What caused Ralph to be awake during the night?
(a) He was thirsty.
(b) He thought he heard a bear.
(c) He couldn't get comfortable.
(d) He had a nightmare.
10. What does Ralph give to the train conductor?
(a) A coat.
(b) A box of cigars.
(c) A book.
(d) A watch.
11. What is Ralph's last name?
12. What does Ralph's mother bake for him to take with him?
(a) Gluten bread.
(c) Vanilla cupcakes.
(d) Chocolate chip cookies.
13. In what city does Ralph meet Lonnie?
(b) Santa Fe.
(c) San Jose.
14. Who was Ralph's roommate during the war?
15. Why is Ralph extra concerned about making money?
(a) He promised to send money to his mother.
(b) He has to maintain a special diet.
(c) He needs to rent an apartment.
(d) He wants to buy a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in #34 do when they arrive?
2. Why does Lonnie drive the car off the side of the road a few miles outside Phoenix?
3. What does Mr. Larsen give to Ralph and Lonnie before they leave town?
4. What advice does Mr. Larsen give to Lonnie?
5. Who is the owner of the restaurant?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)