|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph analyze from his observations on the movie set?
(a) The director's orders.
(b) The cowboys' hard falls.
(c) The lighting changes.
(d) The professionalism of the actors.
2. Who is Ted Hawkins?
(a) Lonnie's father.
(b) Ralph's godfather.
(c) Ralph's group captain.
(d) A train engineer.
3. What does Lonnie steal for their Thanksgiving meal?
(c) Cold cuts.
4. To what city do Ralph and Lonnie go in hopes of being able to find jobs?
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Who is Ralph's family doctor?
(a) Dr. Vincente.
(b) Dr. Gaghan.
(c) Dr. Garrison.
(d) Dr. Goodwin.
6. Mr. Larsen calls a lawyer who is able to reduce the mechanic's bill to what amount?
7. Who shows Ralph around the movie set?
8. What does Ralph think the person in #73 is trying to do?
(a) File a lawsuit.
(b) Be as diplomatic as possible.
(c) Deliver bad news.
(d) Hide something about the car.
9. Where does Ralph go to look for saddles for Lonnie and himself?
(a) Pawn shops.
(c) Western wear shops.
(d) General stores.
10. What does Ted show the riders before their stunts?
(a) Where the camera will pan.
(b) Where their marks are.
(c) How to take a fall.
(d) How to rein a horse.
11. When do Ralph and Lonnie get back on the road after repairing the car?
(a) The afternoon.
(b) The next night.
(c) That evening.
(d) The next morning.
12. What does Mr. Larsen give to Ralph and Lonnie before they leave town?
(a) Books and traveler's checks.
(b) Sandwiches and gas money.
(c) Money and a map.
(d) Groceries and supplies.
13. Where is Ralph forced to sleep when his money runs out?
(a) A church.
(b) A mission.
(c) The bus terminal.
(d) The stockyards.
14. What does the doctor order Ralph to do to recover from the horse falls?
(a) Take steam baths.
(b) Stay in bed for a week.
(c) Use crutches to walk.
(d) Rub linament on his joints.
15. How is Lonnie able to return quicker than expected?
(a) He ran the whole way.
(b) He borrowed a car.
(c) He hitchhiked.
(d) He borrowed horses along the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the car on the second day of the trip?
2. What does Ted advise Ralph to do today?
3. Why does Ralph have a difficult time finding a job out west?
4. What does the conductor tell Ralph he should do if Ralph wants a job on a ranch?
5. One of the stunts on a new movie set locations includes ______________________.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)