|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ralph forced to sleep when his money runs out?
(a) The stockyards.
(b) A mission.
(c) A church.
(d) The bus terminal.
2. What does the conductor tell Ralph he should do if Ralph wants a job on a ranch?
(a) Use him as a reference.
(b) Build up his muscles.
(c) Learn how to lasso.
(d) Buy a car.
3. How much does Ralph pay for the car?
4. What does Ted advise Ralph to do today?
(a) Help the cook prepare meals.
(b) Hide on set and watch the filming.
(c) Study his lines.
(d) Feed and brush the horses.
5. What does the doctor order Ralph to do to recover from the horse falls?
(a) Rub linament on his joints.
(b) Use crutches to walk.
(c) Stay in bed for a week.
(d) Take steam baths.
6. Why does Lonnie drive the car off the side of the road a few miles outside Phoenix?
(a) He is so excited to be driving on the trip.
(b) He swerves to avoid hitting a rabbit.
(c) He loses control on the wet roads.
(d) He is blinded by the sun in his eyes.
7. Lonnie tells Ralph that the __________________ on the car is broken.
(b) half-moon key.
(c) left headlight.
8. Ralph learns about how a man should react ___________________.
(a) during a crisis.
(b) as the horse falls.
(c) if he is in love.
(d) as he gets bad news.
9. What is the job in the town in #20?
(a) Stunt man on movie set.
(b) Cattle brander.
(c) Road crew worker.
(d) House painter.
10. Who does Ralph ask questions of at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The attorney.
(c) The mechanic.
(d) The teacher.
11. How much does the mechanic charge Ralph and Lonnie for using his tools?
12. What advice does Mr. Larsen give to Lonnie?
(a) He should return to his hometown.
(b) He should get a college degree.
(c) He should wait awhile before getting married.
(d) He should rebuild the car's engine.
13. How much money does Ralph earn the next week?
(a) More than $400.
(b) More than $750.
(c) More than $200.
(d) More than $1000.
14. How many falls does Ralph do during the next week?
15. What are Lonnie's payments to Ralph for half ownership of the car?
Short Answer Questions
1. The movie company is looking for whom for the stunt in #31?
2. What simulation does the person in #25 show Ralph?
3. Why does Ralph have a difficult time finding a job out west?
4. How do Ralph and Lonnie travel to the city in #17?
5. What does Ralph analyze from his observations on the movie set?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)