|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Ladies Man Lonnie, Chapter 18, End of the Trail, and Chapter 19, So Long, Buddy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph jumps a freight train bound for which town?
(a) El Paso.
(d) St. Joseph.
2. Which war happened in Ralph's lifetime but in which he was unable to serve?
(a) Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) Vietnam War.
3. How does Ralph know the man in #22?
(a) He is the army recruiter who turned Ralph down.
(b) He is a train engineer.
(c) He is the mayor of the town.
(d) He knew him from when Ralph's family lived in Colorado.
4. What type of car does Lonnie find for Ralph?
5. What does Ralph accidentally break during the night?
(a) The water bottle.
(b) His glasses.
(c) The car's windshield.
(d) His ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph do when the boys return to camp?
2. What advice does Mr. Larsen give to Lonnie?
3. Why does Ralph wake early on Christmas?
4. To what city do Ralph and Lonnie go in hopes of being able to find jobs?
5. What do the people in #34 do when they arrive?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)