|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street is Marshall living?
2. How many people work in the factory where Marcus works?
3. How many hours did the Althaus home need for a thorough cleaning?
4. Which of the tenants at Shakespeare Garden Apartments has a tent in the garage?
5. What type of food does Lily tell Marshall that "you likes to eat"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Claude not looked in the closet under the stairs at the apartment building?
2. For whom does Lily work on Thursday morning?
3. What was Lily's job when Pardon when on vacation three years ago?
4. Who is inheriting Pardon's apartments and any other land holdings?
5. How was Pardon Albee killed?
6. Why did Deedra have a bad day on Monday?
7. After spending time with Marshall on Friday night at his place, what happens to Lily when she walks home?
8. Why does Lily suggest that she and Marshall should not see each other until his divorce is final?
9. What does Lily usually do from 10:30 to noon on Mondays?
10. What did Deedra see when she stopped by Pardon Albee's apartment on Monday afternoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the author uses red herrings in the novel to divert attention from the real murderer. Cite examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Citing examples from "Shakespeare's Landlord," discuss why Lily's ability to stop Norvel when he attacks her validates what Lily and her classmates are learning in their karate classes.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether Lily is a vigilante. Cite examples from "Shakespeare's Landlord" to support your arguments.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)