|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Lily have to drive to get to Mrs. Rossiter's place?
2. What was the person wearing who was wheeling Pardon to the park Monday night?
3. How many people work in the factory where Marcus works?
4. What casserole does Lily make late on Sunday afternoon?
5. How many children does the receptionist at Carrie Thrush's office have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Deedra have a bad day on Monday?
2. Why does Joel McCorkindale come to see Lily on Saturday afternoon?
3. Is Lily able to verify Tom's alibi?
4. Why does Lily not allow Carrie Thrush to pay her for cleaning on Saturday morning?
5. After spending time with Marshall on Friday night at his place, what happens to Lily when she walks home?
6. Why does Deedra say that Pardon Albee irritated her?
7. Why does Claude stop by Lily's house Thursday night?
8. Why does Lily suggest that she and Marshall should not see each other until his divorce is final?
9. Why is Lily reluctant to go grocery shopping on Saturday?
10. What are typical activities for Lily on Sundays?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether Lily is or is not the protagonist in the novel. Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether Pardon Albee did or did not seem like a person to die from violence. Cite examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Citing examples from "Shakespeare's Landlord," discuss why Lily's ability to stop Norvel when he attacks her validates what Lily and her classmates are learning in their karate classes.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)