|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what pew did Lily, her parents, and her sister always sit at church?
2. About how old is Carrie Thrush?
3. What initials are on the key that Lily has for the apartment building closet under the stairs?
4. What does someone leave on Thea's kitchen table?
5. What do Marshall and Lily eat while they watch an old movie on cable Sunday morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lily usually do from 10:30 to noon on Mondays?
2. Whose car does Lily see at Thea Sedaka's house?
3. Who is inheriting Pardon's apartments and any other land holdings?
4. What does Lily find on the hood of her car after karate on Friday evening?
5. Why does Lily not allow Carrie Thrush to pay her for cleaning on Saturday morning?
6. How does Lily get the job of bathing Mrs. Rossiter's dog?
7. Why did Lily not change her name after the kidnapping incident?
8. What was Lily's job when Pardon when on vacation three years ago?
9. Why does Deedra say that Pardon Albee irritated her?
10. Why had Claude not looked in the closet under the stairs at the apartment building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the coping skills that Lily has developed to help her deal with the kidnapping and the gang rape. Cite examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Claude Friedrich and Marshall Sedaka. Cite examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Citing examples from the book to support your position, argue whether Carlton suddenly develops an interest in karate because he is interested in Lily or because he is is interested in karate.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)