|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours does Lily spend cleaning the Althaus home?
2. How much does Mrs. Rossiter pay to have her dog bathed?
3. What color is Carrie Thrush's hair?
4. What type of food does Lily tell Marshall that "you likes to eat"?
5. Where are Marcus and his little boy going for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lily reluctant to go grocery shopping on Saturday?
2. Why did Lily not change her name after the kidnapping incident?
3. What does Lily find on the hood of her car after karate on Friday evening?
4. What news does Alvah tell Lily when Lily is at the Yorks' picking up her check for last week's work?
5. Why does Joel McCorkindale come to see Lily on Saturday afternoon?
6. How was Pardon Albee killed?
7. Why does Lily not allow Carrie Thrush to pay her for cleaning on Saturday morning?
8. Is Lily able to verify Tom's alibi?
9. Why did Lily decide to look in the closet under the stairs at the apartment building?
10. For whom does Lily work on Thursday morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Citing examples from the novel, discuss how Lily changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Citing examples from the novel, discuss why Marshall Sedaka appears to be a murder suspect.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the gang rape changed Lily's life. Cite examples from "Shakespeare's Landlord."
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)