|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Lily awake on Sunday morning after taking pain pills?
2. What color workout clothes does Lily wear when she goes to Body Time Thursday evening?
3. How long does it take Lily to clean the Drinkwater's house?
4. How old is Marcus' little boy?
5. Where did Pardon go on the only vacation that Lily remembers his taking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is inheriting Pardon's apartments and any other land holdings?
2. How was Pardon Albee killed?
3. Why does Deedra say that Pardon Albee irritated her?
4. Why does Claude stop by Lily's house Thursday night?
5. Why did Lily not change her name after the kidnapping incident?
6. Why does Joel McCorkindale come to see Lily on Saturday afternoon?
7. What did Deedra see when she stopped by Pardon Albee's apartment on Monday afternoon?
8. Is Lily able to verify Tom's alibi?
9. Whose car does Lily see at Thea Sedaka's house?
10. After spending time with Marshall on Friday night at his place, what happens to Lily when she walks home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Citing examples from the novel, discuss how Lily changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Lily finally feels comfortable telling Marshall, and then Claude, that she had found the body. Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the story of Alvah's granddaughter's rape is so upsetting to Lily. Cite examples from the novel.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)