|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dog does Mrs. Rossiter have?
2. How tall is Bobo Winthrop?
3. What hours does Marcus work?
4. Where did Pardon go on the only vacation that Lily remembers his taking?
5. What is the name of the video store where Lily rents videos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lily not allow Carrie Thrush to pay her for cleaning on Saturday morning?
2. What are typical activities for Lily on Sundays?
3. Why does Lily suggest that she and Marshall should not see each other until his divorce is final?
4. Who is inheriting Pardon's apartments and any other land holdings?
5. How does Lily get the job of bathing Mrs. Rossiter's dog?
6. What was Lily's job when Pardon when on vacation three years ago?
7. Why did Deedra have a bad day on Monday?
8. Why had Claude not looked in the closet under the stairs at the apartment building?
9. Why does Claude stop by Lily's house Thursday night?
10. Why did Lily not change her name after the kidnapping incident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Citing examples from the novel, discuss why Marshall Sedaka appears to be a murder suspect.
Essay Topic 2
Citing examples from "Shakespeare's Landlord," discuss why Lily's ability to stop Norvel when he attacks her validates what Lily and her classmates are learning in their karate classes.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether some of Lily's clients are also friends. CIte examples from the book to support your arguments.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)