|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does someone leave on Thea's kitchen table?
2. What is Jenny wearing when Lily comes to clean Friday morning?
3. How far is Marshall living from Lily's house?
4. Who is Lily's last client Thursday afternoon?
5. What color sweatshirt does Lily wear to work on Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Claude not looked in the closet under the stairs at the apartment building?
2. Why does Lily work harder for Carol Althaus than any of her other clients?
3. Why did Lily decide to look in the closet under the stairs at the apartment building?
4. What does Lily hear while she is in the Drinkwater house cleaning?
5. Why does Deedra say that Pardon Albee irritated her?
6. What news does Alvah tell Lily when Lily is at the Yorks' picking up her check for last week's work?
7. What does Lily usually do from 10:30 to noon on Mondays?
8. For whom does Lily work on Thursday morning?
9. Why did Lily not change her name after the kidnapping incident?
10. How was Pardon Albee killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship between Norvel and the Shakespeare Combined Church and why it seems odd to Lily. Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Citing examples from "Shakespeare's Landlord," discuss why Lily's ability to stop Norvel when he attacks her validates what Lily and her classmates are learning in their karate classes.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lily's relationship with Marshall and Lily's relationship with Claude. Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)