|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size home did Alvah have before moving to an apartment?
2. What color is the notebook that Claude Friedrich uses to take notes?
3. How long does it take the narrator to shower and wash her hair after her workout in Chapter 1?
4. For how many generations have the Winthrops lived in Arkansas?
5. What vegetable does Lily eat for dinner Tuesday evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lily believe that the Shakespeare Garden Apartments are misnamed?
2. Who pays for the cleaning and other chores that Lily does for Marie Hofstettler?
3. How was Lily kidnapped?
4. What trouble had Lily been having with her car when she lived in Memphis?
5. What does Lily learn about Claude Friedrich's personal life when he visits Marie Hofstettler?
6. Why has housecleaning turned out to be an intimate occupation for Lily?
7. What disciplinary issues are handled at the preschool board meeting?
8. What typical sibling rivalry did Lily and her sister have when they were growing up together?
9. Who does Lily see during her walk in Chapter 1?
10. Why did Lily not confide in Claude Friedrich?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Citing examples from "Shakespeare's Landlord," discuss why Lily's ability to stop Norvel when he attacks her validates what Lily and her classmates are learning in their karate classes.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lily's relationship with Marshall and Lily's relationship with Claude. Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the gang rape changed Lily's life. Cite examples from "Shakespeare's Landlord."
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)