|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size home did Alvah have before moving to an apartment?
2. How long ago did Lily buy her house?
3. What color eyes does the narrator have?
4. How much bigger was the yard at narrator's childhood home than the yard of the home where she lives now?
5. How tall is Carlton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lily choose to live in Shakespeare?
2. Why is Lily's house a shotgun house?
3. What typical sibling rivalry did Lily and her sister have when they were growing up together?
4. What does Lily do for a living?
5. What happens to Body Time now that Pardon is dead since Marshall and Pardon own Body Time together?
6. How did Marshall know that Lily had scars on her torso?
7. Why does Lily say that Alvah has gone downhill since she and her husband moved to the apartment complex?
8. Why was Lily not able to return to her life after the kidnapping?
9. How was Lily kidnapped?
10. Describe Claude Friedrich.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Claude Friedrich and Marshall Sedaka. Cite examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether Pardon Albee did or did not seem like a person to die from violence. Cite examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Claude Friedrich does not suspect Lily of the murder even though he believes she was hiding something. Cite examples from the novel.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)