|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Lily finish cleaning Tuesday evening?
2. In Chapter 3, what time does Lily tell Claude that she went to bed the night of the murder?
3. What was the name of the town where Lily lived with her parents?
4. How old is Bobo Winthrop?
5. Lily stayed with her parents for how long after the attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Lily call about the body in the park?
2. What happens to Body Time now that Pardon is dead since Marshall and Pardon own Body Time together?
3. What typical sibling rivalry did Lily and her sister have when they were growing up together?
4. What does Lily learn about Claude Friedrich's personal life when he visits Marie Hofstettler?
5. Why is Lily's house a shotgun house?
6. Why did Lily choose to live in Shakespeare?
7. Describe Lily's living room.
8. Describe Lily's backyard.
9. Why does Lily believe that the Shakespeare Garden Apartments are misnamed?
10. How well did Lily know Pardon Albee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether Pardon Albee did or did not seem like a person to die from violence. Cite examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether Lily is or is not the protagonist in the novel. Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the coping skills that Lily has developed to help her deal with the kidnapping and the gang rape. Cite examples from the novel.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)