|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man who was an accomplice to Lily's kidnapping?
2. How long does Lily help Alvah clean Wednesday morning?
3. How old is Marie Hofstettler?
4. How long has it been since the narrator has seen her sister?
5. What color is the notebook that Claude Friedrich uses to take notes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has housecleaning turned out to be an intimate occupation for Lily?
2. Why did Lily choose to live in Shakespeare?
3. Why does Lily not tan?
4. How was Lily kidnapped?
5. Why did Rooster, one member of the biker gang, give Lily a gun?
6. Who does Lily call about the body in the park?
7. Why does Lily say that Alvah has gone downhill since she and her husband moved to the apartment complex?
8. Why does Marie Hofstettler believe she should call the police Tuesday morning?
9. Why did Pardon Albee pick up Marie Hofstettler's rent check every month?
10. What happens to Body Time now that Pardon is dead since Marshall and Pardon own Body Time together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Citing examples from the novel, discuss how Lily changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Lily finally feels comfortable telling Marshall, and then Claude, that she had found the body. Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Citing examples from the novel, discuss why Marshall Sedaka appears to be a murder suspect.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)