|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was Lily's hair when she got scarred?
2. What color hair does Carlton have?
3. Including the narrator's house, how many houses are on narrator's street?
4. How long does it take the narrator to shower and wash her hair after her workout in Chapter 1?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. What is the narrator doing to work out in Chapter 1?
(a) Running on a treadmill.
(d) Lifting weights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since the narrator has seen her sister?
2. What vegetable does Lily eat for dinner Tuesday evening?
3. What color housedress is Marie Hofstettler wearing on Tuesday when Lily comes to clean?
4. For how many generations have the Winthrops lived in Arkansas?
5. Including Claude, how many people does Lily say have been to her house since she has lived there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lily say that Alvah has gone downhill since she and her husband moved to the apartment complex?
2. Why did Rooster, one member of the biker gang, give Lily a gun?
3. What trouble had Lily been having with her car when she lived in Memphis?
4. How well did Lily know Pardon Albee?
5. Did Lily have a key to the dentist's office when she first started cleaning there?
6. Who pays for the cleaning and other chores that Lily does for Marie Hofstettler?
7. Why does Lily believe that the Shakespeare Garden Apartments are misnamed?
8. Describe Claude Friedrich.
9. Why did Pardon Albee pick up Marie Hofstettler's rent check every month?
10. What typical sibling rivalry did Lily and her sister have when they were growing up together?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)