|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Lily buy her house?
(a) Shakespeare Combined Church.
(b) Pardon Albee.
(c) The Yorks.
(d) Carlton Cockroft.
2. How old is Carlton Cockroft?
(a) About 35.
(b) Early 40s.
(c) Late 20s.
(d) Early 30s.
3. On what day of the week did Lily get scarred?
4. What days of the week does Lily clean at the Winthrop home?
(a) Tuesdays and Thursdays.
(b) Tuesdays and Fridays.
(c) Mondays and Fridays.
(d) Mondays and Wednesdays.
5. How many children do the Winthrops have?
6. What did Lily's sister do for a living?
7. How long has it been since the narrator has seen her sister?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 6 months.
8. What is the narrator doing to work out in Chapter 1?
(b) Running on a treadmill.
(c) Lifting weights.
9. What is the narrator's sister's name?
10. How many board members are present for the preschool board meeting?
11. What does Lily have for her main entree Tuesday evening?
(a) Chicken breast.
(c) Pork chop.
(d) A steak.
12. How long does the narrator wait after she sees someone use her garbage-can cart to see what the person has dropped in the park?
(a) 6 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 2 minutes.
13. When does Claude Friedrich arrange to meet with Lily on Tuesday?
(a) After 7 p.m.
(b) After 6 p.m.
(c) Between 4 and 5:30 p.m.
(d) Around 3 p.m.
14. Where might Lily take Marie Hofstettler on the days Lily works for her?
(a) K Mart or Kroger.
(c) Wal Mart.
(d) Doctor's office.
15. How tall is Carlton?
(a) 5 ft. 11.
(b) 6 ft. 1.
(c) 5 ft. 10.
(d) 6 ft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Lily finish cleaning Tuesday evening?
2. What color is is the narrator's hair?
3. What was Lily's job when she was scarred?
4. How long do church preschool board meetings typically last?
5. What Shakespearean play does Lily mention in Chapter 5?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)