|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Claude and Lily go after dinner in Montrose?
2. The flyer that is being distributed all over town is about ___________.
3. Of what nationality is Marshall one-quarter?
4. How does Del describe himself?
5. How many more pounds does he ask the spotter to add to the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Marshall and Lily?
2. Where and when throughout Chapter Two does Lily see the guy who was with Darcy in the gym right after Del's murder?
3. What are Lily's thoughts concerning the death of Del from the moment she finds him? How do her thoughts change as the chapter progresses?
4. What has Howell and company brought home that Lily sees him bring into the house? What does he leave behind that annoys Lily? What might these two things mean?
5. What kind of a physical character is Del Packard?
6. Why are the three murders that have taken place recently in Shakespeare suspicious to Lily?
7. Where do Claude and Lily go after her karate class, and what does Claude tell Lily?
8. What questions does Howell ask Lily before he leaves his house, and how do the questions make Lily feel?
9. Who is the narrator of the story, and what type of person is she?
10. Describe The Fight in detail.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who pays the greatest price for Shakespeare's racism? How might this have been avoided if the black community were more aware of the racism in Shakespeare?
Essay Topic 2
Strong females are depicted in the novel. Analyze the strengths of the females and how their strengths add to the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Suspense is found throughout the novel. Note at least five incidences of suspense and analyze how it affects the tone and plot of the novel.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)