|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, how long is it before the competition?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) One day.
2. Why is Lily glad that she does not have to call Marie's son Chuck?
(a) She feels guilty about the way she handled Marie.
(b) She is afraid that she will accuse Chuck of neglect.
(c) She is afraid she will sound too cold.
(d) She is afraid she will cry.
3. Why does the guy with the ponytail attack Lily at Howell Jr.s house?
(a) He is trying to save her from intruders.
(b) He is a violent man.
(c) He thinks that she is someone else.
(d) He thinks she is an intruder.
4. What is Claude caught under in the church after the explosion?
(a) The cross.
(b) A statue.
(c) A light fixture.
(d) A pew.
5. How is Darnell killed?
(a) At a fight behind Burger Tycoon.
(b) Stabbed to death at a farm.
(c) Drowned in the river.
(d) Beaten to death in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily doing specifically at the Howell house on the day of the break-in?
2. Where do Claude and Lily go after dinner in Montrose?
3. What does Howell want to know from Lily while she is cleaning his house?
4. What does the reader learn about Lily's past while she talks to Marshall about murder in Chapter One?
5. Why is Lily so glad to feel the warmth of the Winthrop kitchen?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)