|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaps. 24-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does C. L. Barber characterize "Twelfth Night"?
(a) A disguised political satire.
(b) A battle of the sexes.
(c) A festive comedy.
(d) A screwball comedy.
2. How does Bloom characterize Caesar?
(a) A real person.
(b) A caricature.
(c) A sacrificial character.
(d) A larger-than-life figure.
3. For what reason does Hal curse Falstaff in "Henry IV"?
(a) For losing the throne for him.
(b) For debasing his character.
(c) For inconsistency.
(d) For corrupting his youth.
4. What does Feste do to Malvolio?
5. What does Bloom say in response to Hamlet's claim that he was a prisoner in Denmark?
(a) That he is only partly correct.
(b) That he is not in fact imprisoned, except in the metaphor of imprisonment.
(c) That he is a free personality.
(d) That imprisonment is a human condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What charge does Bloom defend the faeries in "Midsummer Night's Dream" from?
2. What does Bloom say is the reason for Iago's persecution of Othello?
3. What does Nietzsche say Hamlet's problem was?
4. What does Bloom reiterate about Christopher Marlowe?
5. What does Bloom say is the moral of "All's Well That Ends Well"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)