|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaps. 24-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bloom say is the relationship between "The Merchant of Venice" and "The Jew of Malta"?
(a) An inversion.
(b) A reaction formation.
(c) A transference.
(d) A turning away.
2. How does "Henry VI" end?
(a) With Henry VI being crowned.
(b) With Henry VI being married.
(c) With Henry VI being dying in the Tower.
(d) With Henry VI being born.
3. How does Bloom characterize the marriage between Beatrice and Benedick?
4. For what reason does Hal curse Falstaff in "Henry IV"?
(a) For inconsistency.
(b) For corrupting his youth.
(c) For debasing his character.
(d) For losing the throne for him.
5. Where are Faulconbridge's speeches reflected?
(b) Shakespeare's sonnets.
(c) The Tempest.
(d) Henry IV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faulconbridge save of his father's?
2. What does William Hazlitt say is the center of "Othello"?
3. Whom do Antipholus and Dromio discover when they arrive in Ephesus, in "Comedy of Errors"?
4. What do writers tend toward, after Shakespeare, according to Bloom?
5. What did "Titus Andronicus" accomplish for Shakespeare, according to Bloom?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)