|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaps. 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Bloom compare Puck unfavorably?
2. What does Bloom say writers began to write after Shakespeare?
(b) History plays.
(c) Characters with inner lives.
(d) Characters who lived a world with modern weaponry.
3. Which critic is NOT a 'romantic' critic?
(a) W. H. Auden.
(b) Samuel Johnson.
(d) A.C. Bradley.
4. How does Bloom describe performances of "Titus Andronicus"?
(a) As alternatively funny or horrifying.
(b) As alternatively melodramatic and gut-wrenching.
(c) As alternatively over-done or undefined.
(d) As alternatively crisp or incoherent.
5. Where does Shakespeare use the themes of "Two Gentlemen of Verona", in Bloom's interpretation?
(b) "Love's Labour's Lost".
(c) "All's Well That Ends Well".
(d) "The Tempest".
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the relationships in "Love's Labor's Lost" motivated by?
2. Which term describes Kate's speech about the proper behavior of a wife toward a husband?
3. What are the men overcome by, in "Love's Labor's Lost"?
4. Who does Bloom say is the chief rival for each of the young lovers?
5. Who is the center of the subplot in "Twelfth Night"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)