|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaps. 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Berowne pitted against in "Love's Labor's Lost"?
(d) The Princess.
2. How does Bloom characterize Faulconbridge?
(a) As the first of the renaissance men in Shakespeare's plays.
(b) As the first Shakespearean character.
(c) As the last Marlowe-type character in Shakespeare.
(d) As the most Shakespearean character in Shakespeare's plays.
3. Who was NOT a contemporary of Shakespeare's?
(a) John Fletcher.
(b) Christopher Marlowe.
(c) Ben Jonson.
(d) William Chaucer.
4. How does Bloom characterize the marriage between Beatrice and Benedick?
5. What quality do Faulconbridge and Hamlet have in common, according to Bloom?
(a) They are both paralyzed by doubts.
(b) They are both sons of kings.
(c) They are both larger than life.
(d) They are both unsuccessful contenders for thrones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bloom say is the lesson of "Two Gentlemen of Verona"?
2. What does Bloom say almost overwhelms him about "Richard III"?
3. Bloom describes a Nietzschean tendency toward what, in "Twelfth Night"?
4. How does Bloom characterize Richard II's metaphors?
5. Who claims that Shakespeare invented the human personality?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)