|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaps. 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bloom say is the purpose of Falstaff's philosophizing?
2. What are the men overcome by, in "Love's Labor's Lost"?
(a) Their own desires.
(b) Evil manipulations.
(d) Female wit.
3. What does Bloom say "Richard III" is a rehearsal for?
(a) More self-reflective heroes.
(b) More believable female characters.
(c) More complex histories.
(d) Later villains.
4. What upsets Bloom about the ending of "The Merchant of Venice"?
(a) Shylock's forced conversion.
(b) Shylock's death.
(c) Shylock's default.
(d) Shylock taking his pound of flesh.
5. Who whom does Bloom compare Beatrice and Benedick from "Much Ado About Nothing"?
(a) The lovers in "Love's Labor's Lost".
(b) Orlando and Rosalind in "As You Like It".
(c) "Romeo and Juliet".
(d) Regan and Goneril in "King Lear".
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bloom characterize characters like Hamlet and Falstaff?
2. Bloom describes a Nietzschean tendency toward what, in "Twelfth Night"?
3. How does Bloom characterize Shylock?
4. What did Shakespeare create with pain, in Bloom's interpretation?
5. What does Bloom say makes Caesar fascinating?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)