|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Shah order a massacre of the people in order to please his army?
2. Who leads the conservative factions after the revolution?
(a) Razak Ferdousi.
(c) Mahmud Azari.
(d) Bani Sadr.
3. What is the most permanent form of revolution?
(a) Revolution by assault.
(b) Revolution by committee.
(c) Revolution by siege.
(d) Revolution by deed.
4. In which year does Mahmud Azari return to Iran after an absence?
5. What is the word for the religious, social, and market-oriented gathering place for Iranians?
6. Which government newspaper prints an unflattering article about Khomeini?
(a) Iran Daily.
(c) Teheran Times.
7. What do protesters shout in unison in many of the pro-revolution films?
(a) Death to Ali!
(b) Death to Khomeini!
(c) Death to the Shah!
(d) Death to Azari!
8. Initially, what are Mahmud Azari's own political leanings?
(a) He describes himself as apolitical.
(b) He describes himself as pro-Shah.
(c) He describes himself as a revolutionary.
(d) He describes himself as a conservative.
9. What is the Shah's response to increasing revolution violence?
(a) He uses the police state to beat people into submission.
(b) He goes door-to-door to explain his position to the citizens.
(c) He foolishly ignores it and concentrates on his modernization plans.
(d) He offers concessions to Khomeini and tries to appease him.
10. After massacres, the dead are commemorated in a service after how many days?
(a) One hundred days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Ninety days.
(d) Forty days.
11. The destroyer of monuments has been destroying monuments for how long?
(a) Since 1962.
(b) Since 1941.
(c) Since 1977.
(d) He had just started two weeks ago.
12. What kind of hallucination does Azari suffer after his beating?
(a) He becomes convinced he sees a tank roll down the street crushing people.
(b) He believes his brother has become a member of the Savak.
(c) He sees the Shah appear before him, comforting him.
(d) He becomes convinced he is being pursued by the Savak.
13. Azari talks to a publisher who is proud of being able to publish a poem with what word in it?
14. Where does the Shah hold a parade in support of himself amid the violence of the revolution?
15. Why did people riot in Qom?
(a) A newspaper published an article critical of Khomeini.
(b) Local officials poisoned the water.
(c) Excessive taxation.
(d) Khomeini was arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mahmud Azari stunned upon his return to Teheran?
2. Which is NOT one of the traditional history book causes of revolution, according to Kapuscinski?
3. Which animal causes an anti-police riot in an Iranian town?
4. What government organizational structure emerges after the smoke clears from the revolution?
5. The Savak conduct a raid on which location, resulting in the arrest of many students?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)