|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Shah hold a parade in support of himself amid the violence of the revolution?
2. Which organization is responsible for censorship decisions under the Shah?
(a) The Savak.
(b) The Iranian Writers' Association.
(c) The religious mullahs.
(d) The Office of General Information.
3. After Azari's beating, what powerful emotion grips him?
4. Which government newspaper prints an unflattering article about Khomeini?
(c) Teheran Times.
(d) Iran Daily.
5. According to Kapuscinski, revolution is caused by what?
(b) Military abuses.
6. Why does Mahmud Azari return to Iran after an absence?
(a) He gets a job transfer as part of the modernization initiative.
(b) He is personally resolved to do his part in the revolution.
(c) He is attracted by the charisma of Khomeini.
(d) He is requested to return by his brother.
7. Why do many wear white to protests during the revolution?
(a) To commemorate the dead.
(b) To show they are pure of spirit and free of sin.
(c) To show they are unafraid of death.
(d) To show they wish to be reborn as a nation.
8. What has become of a poet friend of Azari's?
(a) The poet writes poems that always praise the Shah.
(b) The poet has become an important revolutionary voice.
(c) The poet has given up poetry altogether due to censorship.
(d) The poet has become jailed for writing anti-Shah poems.
9. What ethnicity was Khomeini's grandfather?
(d) Saudi Arabian.
10. What is the occupation of Mr. Ferdousi?
(a) Destroyer of monuments.
(b) Carpet salesman.
11. What are the two kinds of revolutions?
(a) Revolution by siege, and revolution by assault.
(b) Revolution by violence, and revolution by peace.
(c) Revolution by word, and revolution by deed.
(d) Revolution by military, and revolution by civilians.
12. Mahmud Azari attends secret meetings for which organization?
(a) The University of Teheran.
(b) The Savak.
(c) The Iranian Writers' Association.
(d) The CIA.
13. Why are revolutions rare, according to Kapuscinski?
(a) Revolutions are actually common, but the media fails to report on them.
(b) Humans avoid that which is uncomfortable.
(c) It takes a great deal of death to move humanity to action.
(d) Dictators have become very good at stopping them before they start.
14. Who leads the conservative factions after the revolution?
(a) Mahmud Azari.
(b) Razak Ferdousi.
(c) Bani Sadr.
15. What political party is Mahmud Azari forced to join?
(a) The pro-revolutionary party.
(b) The conservative party.
(c) The progressive party.
(d) The Shah's official political party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the definition of "revolution by siege"?
2. Who tells Azari that there has been a massacre in Qom?
3. What event, full of propaganda and feasts, does Mahmud Azari attend?
4. How long is Mahmud Azari away from his native Iran?
5. Where were American hostages held as a result of the Iranian revolution?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)