|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Flame, pages 131 to 152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of Photograph 12's political cartoon, in which confused people are holding parts of cars?
(a) The Shah has made it difficult to travel by car.
(b) Cars, as fueled by oil, are the source of the nation's problems.
(c) Iran is a fragmented place.
(d) Iranians are left with empty promises by the Shah.
2. How many agents of Savak were there?
3. What major event happened to Shah Reza Pahlavi in 1949?
(a) An assassination attempt.
(b) The acquisition of Afghanistan.
(c) The birth of his first daughter.
4. How many informants for Savak were there?
(a) Thirty thousand.
(b) Three million.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Three hundred.
5. Who is NOT pictured in the famous picture of world leaders from the Tehran Conference?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Joseph Stalin.
(c) Benito Mussolini.
(d) Winston Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cards, Faces, Fields of Flowers," what is Khomeini asking of the Iranian people in a televised speech?
2. Where does Mahmud Azari live while away from Iran?
3. Why does Mahmud Azari return to Iran after an absence?
4. What activity is NOT done after the massacre of Qom?
5. According to Kapuscinski, what united the Iranian and Shiite peoples?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)