|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Flame, pages 131 to 152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mahmud Azari return to Iran after an absence?
(a) He gets a job transfer as part of the modernization initiative.
(b) He is personally resolved to do his part in the revolution.
(c) He is requested to return by his brother.
(d) He is attracted by the charisma of Khomeini.
2. During Doctor Mossadegh's reign, where did Shah Pahlavi flee?
(c) Los Angeles.
3. What is Khomeini's title?
4. In which year did Reza Khan stage an overthrow of the government?
5. Where were American hostages held as a result of the Iranian revolution?
(a) The Teheran National Bank.
(b) The United Nations building in Teheran.
(c) The U.S. Embassy.
(d) Khomeini's residence in Qom.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of the book, what activity are the four staff members in the lobby participating in?
2. How does authority cause revolution, according to Kapuscinski?
3. Reza Khan was an officer in which military organization?
4. In the extended metaphor of the play, who is the director?
5. Which religion is the state religion of Iran?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)