|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Flame, pages 131 to 152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mohammed Reza Pahlavi's age when he becomes Shah?
2. What country is Kapuscinski in at the beginning of the book?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
3. Why did people riot in Qom?
(a) Excessive taxation.
(b) Local officials poisoned the water.
(c) A newspaper published an article critical of Khomeini.
(d) Khomeini was arrested.
4. Where must Azari get stitches after his beating?
(a) The thigh.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The head.
(d) The arm.
5. Where does Kapuscinski trace modern terrorism to?
(a) Iranian Shiism.
(b) Britain's decision to depose Shah Reza Khan.
(c) Saudi Arabian Sunni Muslims.
(d) American capitalist meddling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two kinds of revolutions?
2. After massacres, the dead are commemorated in a service after how many days?
3. In the extended metaphor of the play, what are the props and scenery?
4. How many informants for Savak were there?
5. The destroyer of monuments has been destroying monuments for how long?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)