|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Flame, pages 131 to 152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To start the revolution, people in Qom commit what crime?
(a) They read out loud.
(b) They congregate in large groups.
(c) They deface images of the Shah.
(d) They steal bread to feed their starving families.
2. What kind of culture did Reza Khan urge his citizens to adopt?
(a) European modern culture.
(b) Indian Hindu culture.
(c) Traditional Shiite ways.
(d) Traditional Sunni ways.
3. Which is NOT one of the torture methods mentioned to be in use by the Savak?
(a) Horning victims to death with a bull.
(b) Throwing a person into a bag full of hungry cats.
(c) Extracting fingernails.
(d) Drilling into skulls.
4. Where does the Shah order a massacre of the people in order to please his army?
5. Who aids Shah Pahlavi in his buildup of the military after he retakes his throne from Mossadegh?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. The destroyer of monuments has been destroying monuments for how long?
2. Photograph #1, the oldest photo Kapuscinski has, dates from around what year?
3. Who do the Sunnis elect to succeed the Prophet Mohammed?
4. How can Khomeini's living conditions be described?
5. Why does Kapuscinski believe revolutions often preach a return to tradition?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)