|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 91 to 100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shah Pahlavi demonstrate his love for the military and weapons?
(a) He insists on traveling everywhere in a tank.
(b) He holds a yearly marksmanship contest.
(c) He invades Pakistan just to prove the strength of his arms.
(d) He subscribes to many American gun magazines.
2. Which historical figure is second only to the Prophet Mohammed in the eyes of Shiite Muslims?
(b) Agha Khan.
3. What major event happened to Shah Reza Pahlavi in 1949?
(a) An assassination attempt.
(b) The acquisition of Afghanistan.
(d) The birth of his first daughter.
4. Mahmud Azari attends secret meetings for which organization?
(a) The Savak.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Iranian Writers' Association.
(d) The University of Teheran.
5. Which organization is responsible for censorship decisions under the Shah?
(a) The Office of General Information.
(b) The religious mullahs.
(c) The Savak.
(d) The Iranian Writers' Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has international tourism changed since the coming of Khomeini?
2. What is Kapuscinski's job?
3. Azari talks to a publisher who is proud of being able to publish a poem with what word in it?
4. What conflicting characteristics does Kapuscinski perceive in Khomeini when he sees him on television?
5. Where must Mahmud Azari report to shortly upon his return to Iran?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)