|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 91 to 100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important announcement does Shah Pahlavi make on December 23, 1973?
(a) He announces Iran will be exclusively a Sunni Muslim nation.
(b) He announces a "dead or alive" arrest warrant for Khomeini.
(c) He announces the death of Doctor Mossadegh.
(d) He announces the price of Iranian oil will increase.
2. Why are many billions of dollars wasted during Pahlavi's modernization?
(a) Iran lacks the infrastructure to handle the great influx of goods.
(b) A war in nearby Iraq disrupts the flow of wealth.
(c) Western powers boycott the country entirely.
(d) Currency transfer rates are unfavorable to Iran.
3. Who aids Shah Pahlavi in his buildup of the military after he retakes his throne from Mossadegh?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
4. Who does Mahmud Azari NOT visit during his return to Iran?
(a) A botany professor.
(b) A mayor.
(c) A destroyer of monuments to the Shah.
(d) His brother.
5. What aspect of Iran is ignored by world media during Shah Pahlavi's modernization efforts?
(a) The buildup of nuclear power.
(b) The fabulous amount of wealth pouring into and out of the country.
(c) Poverty and oppression.
(d) The increase in the price of oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shah Pahlavi pander to religious elements in Iran prior to retaking the throne from Mossadegh?
2. Initially, what are Mahmud Azari's own political leanings?
3. Agha Mohammed Khan, during a massacre, ordered what fate for the children of the town?
4. How can Khomeini's living conditions be described?
5. What do the petro-bourgeoisie do to inflame the anger of poor Iranians?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)