|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 91 to 100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the petro-bourgeoisie do to inflame the anger of poor Iranians?
(a) They build mansions next to shantytowns.
(b) They enslave the poor's daughters to use for sex.
(c) They employ the poor, but then refuse to pay them for work done.
(d) They build many statues of the Shah.
2. What are name for Shiite religious leaders?
(c) Holy Clerics.
3. Which is NOT one of the torture methods mentioned to be in use by the Savak?
(a) Horning victims to death with a bull.
(b) Extracting fingernails.
(c) Throwing a person into a bag full of hungry cats.
(d) Drilling into skulls.
4. In what year did Doctor Mossadegh die?
5. How can Doctor Mossadegh's political philosophy best be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word for the religious, social, and market-oriented gathering place for Iranians?
2. What happens to Doctor Mossadegh after he is deposed?
3. Which city did Shah Agha Mohammed Khan famously order a massacre for?
4. What is the point of Photograph 12's political cartoon, in which confused people are holding parts of cars?
5. Which organization is responsible for censorship decisions under the Shah?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)