|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 91 to 100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mahmud Azari originally leave the country of Iran?
(a) He was persecuted by the Savak.
(b) He got a job transfer.
(c) His daughter died, and he needed a change of environment.
(d) He left for a university education.
2. Which country backed Shah Pahlavi when he wrested control away from Doctor Mossadegh?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
3. What action by the Shah compels Khomeini to begin speaking out against him?
(a) The Shah orders a massacre at Qom.
(b) The Shah expands the Savak police force by a factor of ten.
(c) The Shah enjoys an extravagant vacation in Rome.
(d) The Shah extends diplomatic immunity to all U.S. military personnel.
4. How does Shah Pahlavi pander to religious elements in Iran prior to retaking the throne from Mossadegh?
(a) He visits the tomb of Ali.
(b) He sacrifices a goat.
(c) He makes a pilgrimage to Mecca.
(d) He reads the entire Quran cover to cover.
5. Which animal causes an anti-police riot in an Iranian town?
(c) Wild horse.
(d) Wild boar.
Short Answer Questions
1. While back in Iran, Mahmud Azari is handed revolutionist literature written by whom?
2. Which religion is the state religion of Iran?
3. What is the capital of Iran?
4. After Azari's beating, what powerful emotion grips him?
5. Doctor Mossadegh importantly nationalized which industry in Iran?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)