|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 61 to 78.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of Photograph 12's political cartoon, in which confused people are holding parts of cars?
(a) The Shah has made it difficult to travel by car.
(b) Iran is a fragmented place.
(c) Cars, as fueled by oil, are the source of the nation's problems.
(d) Iranians are left with empty promises by the Shah.
2. In which year did Reza Khan stage an overthrow of the government?
3. What important announcement does Shah Pahlavi make on December 23, 1973?
(a) He announces Iran will be exclusively a Sunni Muslim nation.
(b) He announces a "dead or alive" arrest warrant for Khomeini.
(c) He announces the death of Doctor Mossadegh.
(d) He announces the price of Iranian oil will increase.
4. According to Kapuscinski, what united the Iranian and Shiite peoples?
(a) Love of wealth.
(b) Disdain for Ali.
(c) History of democratic equality.
(d) History of oppression.
5. Which religion is the state religion of Iran?
(a) Sunni Islam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Shiite Muslims wish to succeed the Prophet Mohammed after he died?
2. In Photograph 1, one of the men in the photograph murdered which well-known figure?
3. What is the capital of Iran?
4. What action by the Shah compels Khomeini to begin speaking out against him?
5. What is Kapuscinski's job?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)