|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 61 to 78.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who aids Shah Pahlavi in his buildup of the military after he retakes his throne from Mossadegh?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
2. Kapuscinski notes that Khomeini is successful because of his persistent emphasis of what single message?
(a) America is evil.
(b) The Shah must go.
(c) Wealth should be redistributed.
(d) The U.S. embassy should be shut down.
3. What brand of airplane is depicted in Photograph 11?
(b) Air Alaska.
(d) Air Egypt.
4. Who does Reza Khan replace as a military commander in 1917?
(a) Ayatollah Khomeini.
(b) Mohammed Reza Pahlavi.
(d) Vsevolod Lyakhov.
5. According to Kapuscinski, most Shahs in Iran's history have suffered what fate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city did Shah Agha Mohammed Khan famously order a massacre for?
2. Which is NOT one of the items Kapuscinski has on his desk at the opening of the book?
3. Which is NOT one of the torture methods mentioned to be in use by the Savak?
4. In what year did Doctor Mossadegh die?
5. What action by the Shah compels Khomeini to begin speaking out against him?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)