|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 48 to 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the home town of Khomeini?
2. What for Kapuscinski symbolizes the promise of easy wealth and power for Middle Easterners, particularly the poor?
(b) Fine clothes.
3. How does Shah Pahlavi pander to religious elements in Iran prior to retaking the throne from Mossadegh?
(a) He reads the entire Quran cover to cover.
(b) He makes a pilgrimage to Mecca.
(c) He visits the tomb of Ali.
(d) He sacrifices a goat.
4. How can Khomeini's living conditions be described?
(a) He occupies the former palace of the Shah.
(b) He lives in a grand, new palace.
(c) He lives in a dusty hovel.
(d) He lives in a modest apartment building.
5. What is Shah Pahlavi's "first love" according to Kapuscinski?
(a) The religion of Islam.
(b) The military.
(c) His wife.
(d) Domestic concerns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agha Mohammed Khan, during a massacre, ordered what fate for the children of the town?
2. About how far away is Qom from Tehran?
3. Who aids Shah Pahlavi in his buildup of the military after he retakes his throne from Mossadegh?
4. What does Pahlavi do when confronted with a crisis of manpower during modernization?
5. In Photograph 1, one of the men in the photograph murdered which well-known figure?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)