|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 48 to 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action by the Shah compels Khomeini to begin speaking out against him?
(a) The Shah expands the Savak police force by a factor of ten.
(b) The Shah enjoys an extravagant vacation in Rome.
(c) The Shah extends diplomatic immunity to all U.S. military personnel.
(d) The Shah orders a massacre at Qom.
2. According to Kapuscinski, most Shahs in Iran's history have suffered what fate?
3. In Photograph 7, why is the old man taken away from the bus stop?
(a) He mentioned the word "oppressive."
(b) He was distributing anti-Shah pamphlets.
(c) He allowed his daughter to walk the street without a veil.
(d) He was yelling at a man who happened to be a member of the Savak.
4. How did Shah Pahlavi fund his Great Civilization?
(a) Iran's oil wealth.
(b) Funding from Western powers.
(c) Extreme taxation.
(d) His personal real estate fortune.
5. Why are the city streets of Tehran unsafe at night post-revolution?
(a) The Shah's army enforced a strict curfew.
(b) Roaming militiamen.
(c) Starving, violent coyotes.
(d) A toxic sludge from a chemical plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many agents of Savak were there?
2. Which is NOT one of the goals the Shah has for modernization?
3. What happens to Doctor Mossadegh after he is deposed?
4. How can Khomeini's living conditions be described?
5. What is the home town of Khomeini?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)