|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 32 to 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage is Kapuscinski sipping at the beginning of the book?
(a) Soda pop.
2. Why are the city streets of Tehran unsafe at night post-revolution?
(a) A toxic sludge from a chemical plant.
(b) The Shah's army enforced a strict curfew.
(c) Roaming militiamen.
(d) Starving, violent coyotes.
3. What country is Kapuscinski in at the beginning of the book?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
4. What kind of culture did Reza Khan urge his citizens to adopt?
(a) Traditional Sunni ways.
(b) Indian Hindu culture.
(c) Traditional Shiite ways.
(d) European modern culture.
5. In "Cards, Faces, Fields of Flowers," what is Khomeini asking of the Iranian people in a televised speech?
(a) To embrace foreign influence.
(b) To reject the currency of the Shah.
(c) To reject foreign influence.
(d) To murder Shiite muslims.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kapuscinski, why do countries like Iran come to reject internationalism?
2. What conflicting characteristics does Kapuscinski perceive in Khomeini when he sees him on television?
3. According to Kapuscinski, most Shahs in Iran's history have suffered what fate?
4. What action by the Shah compels Khomeini to begin speaking out against him?
5. Photograph #1, the oldest photo Kapuscinski has, dates from around what year?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)