|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 15 to 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the home town of Khomeini?
2. What major event happened to Shah Reza Pahlavi in 1949?
(a) The acquisition of Afghanistan.
(b) The birth of his first daughter.
(d) An assassination attempt.
3. According to Kapuscinski, why do countries like Iran come to reject internationalism?
(a) In a bid to retain autonomy and power.
(b) In a bid to save on transportation and other costs.
(c) In a bid to improve education of the citizens.
(d) In a bid to reserve dignity in a shameful time.
4. What kind of culture did Reza Khan urge his citizens to adopt?
(a) Traditional Sunni ways.
(b) Indian Hindu culture.
(c) Traditional Shiite ways.
(d) European modern culture.
5. Consuming alcohol is punishable in post-revolution Iran with what punishment?
(a) Public heckling.
(d) There is no law against alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the items Kapuscinski has on his desk at the opening of the book?
2. What is Khomeini's title?
3. How can Khomeini's living conditions be described?
4. Reza Khan was an officer in which military organization?
5. Which country backed Shah Pahlavi when he wrested control away from Doctor Mossadegh?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)