|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 15 to 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Photograph 1, one of the men in the photograph murdered which well-known figure?
(a) Doctor Mossadegh.
(b) Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi.
(c) Shah Nasr-ed-Din.
(d) Soraya Esfandiari.
2. What is Khomeini's title?
3. According to Kapuscinski, why do countries like Iran come to reject internationalism?
(a) In a bid to improve education of the citizens.
(b) In a bid to save on transportation and other costs.
(c) In a bid to reserve dignity in a shameful time.
(d) In a bid to retain autonomy and power.
4. How did Iran's infrastructure change under Reza Khan's rule?
(a) Infrastructure was intentional destroyed in a bid for power.
(b) Infrastructure continued to be neglected.
(c) Infrastructure was funded, but corruption prevented any actual improvements.
(d) Infrastructure improved significantly.
5. At the opening of the book, what activity are the four staff members in the lobby participating in?
(b) Murdering a young man.
(d) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event happened to Shah Reza Pahlavi in 1949?
2. In which year did Reza Khan stage an overthrow of the government?
3. In "Cards, Faces, Fields of Flowers," what is Khomeini asking of the Iranian people in a televised speech?
4. How has international tourism changed since the coming of Khomeini?
5. What country is Kapuscinski in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)