|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 15 to 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, where is the author located?
(a) A television station.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bazaar.
(d) A prison.
2. What conflicting characteristics does Kapuscinski perceive in Khomeini when he sees him on television?
(a) Lively eyes, but a lack of expression.
(b) Dead eyes, but a smiling expression.
(c) Lively eyes, but a curious lack of arm movement.
(d) Dead eyes, but grand, sweeping arm gestures.
3. Doctor Mossadegh importantly nationalized which industry in Iran?
(b) Trains and railways.
4. What is the home town of Khomeini?
5. At the opening of the book, what activity are the four staff members in the lobby participating in?
(a) Murdering a young man.
(c) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Khomeini's title?
2. Consuming alcohol is punishable in post-revolution Iran with what punishment?
3. What is Mohammed Reza Pahlavi's age when he becomes Shah?
4. Which is NOT one of the items Kapuscinski has on his desk at the opening of the book?
5. How has international tourism changed since the coming of Khomeini?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)