|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Flame, pages 116 to 131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of the grandfather of Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi?
(b) Persian carpet merchant.
2. How did Iran's infrastructure change under Reza Khan's rule?
(a) Infrastructure was intentional destroyed in a bid for power.
(b) Infrastructure was funded, but corruption prevented any actual improvements.
(c) Infrastructure improved significantly.
(d) Infrastructure continued to be neglected.
3. Which country provided support and encouragement to Reza Khan for his overthrow of the Persian government?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
(d) United States.
4. Where does Kapuscinski trace modern terrorism to?
(a) Britain's decision to depose Shah Reza Khan.
(b) Saudi Arabian Sunni Muslims.
(c) American capitalist meddling.
(d) Iranian Shiism.
5. What action does America force the Shah to make, making the Shah appear weak?
(a) The Shah must release intellectuals from prison.
(b) The Shah must reopen the U.S. Embassy.
(c) The Shah must stop his Great Civilization plans.
(d) The Shah must stop producing nuclear energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who aids Shah Pahlavi in his buildup of the military after he retakes his throne from Mossadegh?
2. In Photograph 1, one of the men in the photograph murdered which well-known figure?
3. Where does the Shah hold a parade in support of himself amid the violence of the revolution?
4. What kind of accountability is in place in regard to the Savak?
5. What has become of a poet friend of Azari's?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)