|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Flame, pages 116 to 131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does America force the Shah to make, making the Shah appear weak?
(a) The Shah must stop producing nuclear energy.
(b) The Shah must stop his Great Civilization plans.
(c) The Shah must reopen the U.S. Embassy.
(d) The Shah must release intellectuals from prison.
2. Why are the city streets of Tehran unsafe at night post-revolution?
(a) A toxic sludge from a chemical plant.
(b) Starving, violent coyotes.
(c) Roaming militiamen.
(d) The Shah's army enforced a strict curfew.
3. About how far away is Qom from Tehran?
(a) 4000 miles.
(b) 1000 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
4. What for Kapuscinski symbolizes the promise of easy wealth and power for Middle Easterners, particularly the poor?
(b) Fine clothes.
5. What empty show of support does the Shah make for the people of Iran amid the violence of the revolution?
(a) He provides money for a library in Qom.
(b) He visits the tomb of Ali.
(c) He fires a few officers in the army.
(d) He divorces his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Azari talks to a publisher who is proud of being able to publish a poem with what word in it?
2. What do protesters shout in unison in many of the pro-revolution films?
3. Which country backed Shah Pahlavi when he wrested control away from Doctor Mossadegh?
4. What is Mohammed Reza Pahlavi's age when he becomes Shah?
5. Who do Shiites believe will restore the kingdom of God on Earth?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)