|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Flame, pages 116 to 131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mohammed Reza Pahlavi's age when he becomes Shah?
2. What conflicting characteristics does Kapuscinski perceive in Khomeini when he sees him on television?
(a) Lively eyes, but a curious lack of arm movement.
(b) Dead eyes, but a smiling expression.
(c) Lively eyes, but a lack of expression.
(d) Dead eyes, but grand, sweeping arm gestures.
3. Members of the Shah's retinue sometimes elect to have lunch flown in by which company?
(a) Air France.
(c) British Airways.
(d) American Airlines.
4. Which is NOT one of the torture methods mentioned to be in use by the Savak?
(a) Extracting fingernails.
(b) Throwing a person into a bag full of hungry cats.
(c) Drilling into skulls.
(d) Horning victims to death with a bull.
5. What country is Kapuscinski in at the beginning of the book?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Razak?
2. What are name for Shiite religious leaders?
3. What activity is NOT done after the massacre of Qom?
4. During Doctor Mossadegh's reign, where did Shah Pahlavi flee?
5. What was Ali's fate?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)