|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Flame, pages 116 to 131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kapuscinski, what united the Iranian and Shiite peoples?
(a) Love of wealth.
(b) History of oppression.
(c) Disdain for Ali.
(d) History of democratic equality.
2. Where did Kapuscinski participate in a protest march?
3. In the mid 1950s, whose name does Shah Pahlavi forbid to be spoken?
(a) Soraya Esfandiari.
(b) Doctor Mossadegh.
(c) Reza Khan.
(d) His own name.
4. What beverage is Kapuscinski sipping at the beginning of the book?
(a) Soda pop.
5. Which is NOT a site of a massacre during the Iranian revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of culture did Reza Khan urge his citizens to adopt?
2. What are the two kinds of revolutions?
3. Reza Khan was an officer in which military organization?
4. Where does the Shah hold a parade in support of himself amid the violence of the revolution?
5. Where do members of the Shah's retinue travel to on a regular basis to have lunch?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)