|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 32 to 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kapuscinski, why do countries like Iran come to reject internationalism?
(a) In a bid to improve education of the citizens.
(b) In a bid to retain autonomy and power.
(c) In a bid to save on transportation and other costs.
(d) In a bid to reserve dignity in a shameful time.
2. At the beginning of the book, where is the author located?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A prison.
(c) A bazaar.
(d) A television station.
3. During Doctor Mossadegh's reign, where did Shah Pahlavi flee?
(a) Los Angeles.
4. How many informants for Savak were there?
(a) Three million.
(b) Thirty thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Three hundred.
5. How did Iran's infrastructure change under Reza Khan's rule?
(a) Infrastructure continued to be neglected.
(b) Infrastructure improved significantly.
(c) Infrastructure was funded, but corruption prevented any actual improvements.
(d) Infrastructure was intentional destroyed in a bid for power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kapuscinski notes that Khomeini is successful because of his persistent emphasis of what single message?
2. What is the home town of Khomeini?
3. What is Kapuscinski's job?
4. What was the profession of the grandfather of Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi?
5. Photograph #1, the oldest photo Kapuscinski has, dates from around what year?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)