|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 32 to 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Reza Khan root for in World War II?
(a) Mussolini and the Italians.
(b) Hitler and Germany.
(c) Roosevelt and the Americans.
(d) Churchill and Great Britain.
2. What conflicting characteristics does Kapuscinski perceive in Khomeini when he sees him on television?
(a) Dead eyes, but a smiling expression.
(b) Lively eyes, but a lack of expression.
(c) Lively eyes, but a curious lack of arm movement.
(d) Dead eyes, but grand, sweeping arm gestures.
3. In the mid 1950s, whose name does Shah Pahlavi forbid to be spoken?
(a) Doctor Mossadegh.
(b) His own name.
(c) Soraya Esfandiari.
(d) Reza Khan.
4. In Photograph 7, why is the old man taken away from the bus stop?
(a) He was distributing anti-Shah pamphlets.
(b) He was yelling at a man who happened to be a member of the Savak.
(c) He allowed his daughter to walk the street without a veil.
(d) He mentioned the word "oppressive."
5. What major event happened to Shah Reza Pahlavi in 1949?
(a) An assassination attempt.
(b) The acquisition of Afghanistan.
(c) The birth of his first daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Iran's infrastructure change under Reza Khan's rule?
2. How many informants for Savak were there?
3. What country is Kapuscinski in at the beginning of the book?
4. Why are the city streets of Tehran unsafe at night post-revolution?
5. Which country provided support and encouragement to Reza Khan for his overthrow of the Persian government?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)