|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 32 to 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the home town of Khomeini?
2. How can Khomeini's living conditions be described?
(a) He occupies the former palace of the Shah.
(b) He lives in a grand, new palace.
(c) He lives in a dusty hovel.
(d) He lives in a modest apartment building.
3. What kind of culture did Reza Khan urge his citizens to adopt?
(a) European modern culture.
(b) Traditional Shiite ways.
(c) Traditional Sunni ways.
(d) Indian Hindu culture.
4. Who is NOT pictured in the famous picture of world leaders from the Tehran Conference?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Joseph Stalin.
(d) Benito Mussolini.
5. How many agents of Savak were there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the city streets of Tehran unsafe at night post-revolution?
2. Doctor Mossadegh importantly nationalized which industry in Iran?
3. Which does NOT apply to the Iranian stereotype of masculinity?
4. How does Shah Pahlavi pander to religious elements in Iran prior to retaking the throne from Mossadegh?
5. Kapuscinski notes that Khomeini is successful because of his persistent emphasis of what single message?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)