|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 78 to 90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Shah Pahlavi fund his Great Civilization?
(a) Funding from Western powers.
(b) Extreme taxation.
(c) Iran's oil wealth.
(d) His personal real estate fortune.
2. Which organization is responsible for censorship decisions under the Shah?
(a) The religious mullahs.
(b) The Office of General Information.
(c) The Iranian Writers' Association.
(d) The Savak.
3. Why is there a dearth of manpower for the modernization initiatives of Shah Pahlavi?
(a) Many have died from a plague.
(b) International immigration has ceased.
(c) The Savak have arrested nearly half of the population.
(d) Students have fled the country's oppression.
4. In Photograph 1, one of the men in the photograph murdered which well-known figure?
(a) Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi.
(b) Shah Nasr-ed-Din.
(c) Doctor Mossadegh.
(d) Soraya Esfandiari.
5. How did Iran's infrastructure change under Reza Khan's rule?
(a) Infrastructure continued to be neglected.
(b) Infrastructure was intentional destroyed in a bid for power.
(c) Infrastructure was funded, but corruption prevented any actual improvements.
(d) Infrastructure improved significantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important announcement does Shah Pahlavi make on December 23, 1973?
2. What major event happened to Shah Reza Pahlavi in 1949?
3. According to Kapuscinski, what united the Iranian and Shiite peoples?
4. Who do Shiites believe will restore the kingdom of God on Earth?
5. Which class of people are not the targets of the Savak?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)