|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daguerreotypes, pages 78 to 90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Savak concept of guilt and innocence?
(a) The Savak are careful to arrest only those guilty of speaking against the Shah.
(b) The Savak use the Western ideal of "innocent until proven guilty."
(c) The Savak arrest only innocent victims to create more fear.
(d) The Savak care little for guilt or innocence, and they arrest people arbitrarily.
2. What do the petro-bourgeoisie do to inflame the anger of poor Iranians?
(a) They enslave the poor's daughters to use for sex.
(b) They build many statues of the Shah.
(c) They employ the poor, but then refuse to pay them for work done.
(d) They build mansions next to shantytowns.
3. Where does Kapuscinski trace modern terrorism to?
(a) Iranian Shiism.
(b) Britain's decision to depose Shah Reza Khan.
(c) American capitalist meddling.
(d) Saudi Arabian Sunni Muslims.
4. During Doctor Mossadegh's reign, where did Shah Pahlavi flee?
(a) Los Angeles.
5. According to Kapuscinski, what united the Iranian and Shiite peoples?
(a) History of democratic equality.
(b) Disdain for Ali.
(c) History of oppression.
(d) Love of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mahmud Azari stunned upon his return to Teheran?
2. What was Ali's fate?
3. What happens to Doctor Mossadegh after he is deposed?
4. Shiites know members of Ali's family line by what name?
5. In which year did Reza Khan stage an overthrow of the government?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)