Cards, Faces, Fields of Flowers
1. At the beginning of the book, where is the author located?
(a) A prison.
(b) A bazaar.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A television station.
2. Which is NOT one of the items Kapuscinski has on his desk at the opening of the book?
(a) Cassette tapes.
3. At the opening of the book, what activity are the four staff members in the lobby participating in?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Murdering a young man.
4. Consuming alcohol is punishable in post-revolution Iran with what punishment?
(b) Public heckling.
(d) There is no law against alcohol.
5. What is the home town of Khomeini?
6. About how far away is Qom from Tehran?
(a) 1000 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 4000 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
7. How can Khomeini's living conditions be described?
(a) He occupies the former palace of the Shah.
(b) He lives in a modest apartment building.
(c) He lives in a dusty hovel.
(d) He lives in a grand, new palace.
This section contains 4,611 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)