Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Jimmy tow fuel for military planes?
2. When Jimmy got married in 1934, he went to live with his wife's family where?
3. Who flew Sidney's pregnant wife to the hospital after the dog sled accident?
4. In 1941 Sidney tried to join the ___.
5. Sidney's eye was replaced with a glass eye after he injured it while doing what?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book Sidney describes various ways to travel in rural Alaska as well as his first time experiences with things like cars and trains. First describe the various ways to travel in rural Alaska. Cite at least one example of how Sidney describes this mode of travel being used. Then describe what is considered the best mode of travel in rural Alaska. Next describe Sidney's first contact with a train and seeing a car.
Essay Topic 2
Sidney tells how he survived a night in the woods by following advice from Edwin Simon. What was this advice? How did the advice help Sidney survive the night and have enough energy to get home? In other words, why did the advice work? How was this an example of "siwashing out?"
Essay Topic 3
A flood takes away all of the family's possession in 1928. What caused the flood? How did the family escape? Why did they lose everything? How did they recover before winter? Who helped the family recover so they had all they needed before winter?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)