Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Jimmy tow fuel for military planes?
2. When Jimmy got married in 1934, he went to live with his wife's family where?
3. Who flew Sidney's pregnant wife to the hospital after the dog sled accident?
4. In 1941 Sidney tried to join the ___.
5. Sidney's eye was replaced with a glass eye after he injured it while doing what?
How did moose hunting become a yearly tradition for Sidney and his family? What surprised Sidney about a moose he shot from his boat? How does Sidney describe what he thinks facilitated moose migration into the Koyukuk?
In the first few chapters of the book Sidney describes his life in Koyukuk as a young child under the age of six. Explain the challenges Sidney faced at this time in his life, including his mother's death, getting help for his sick dad, and his habit of wandering off at a young age. Also discuss how Sidney deals with each challenge.
Sidney talks about three Charlies in the book: Charlie Swanson, Charlie Irish, and Charlie Evans. Explain where each Charlie first comes into Sidney's life, what impact each has on Sidney's life and why, and then consider how Sidney's life might have been different without contact with each Charlie.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)