|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Moose hunting became a yearly tradition with Sidney's family, but the moose population began to thin due to wolves in the ___.
2. What was the name of Weaselheart's wife who helped him kill beaver?
3. Sidney's eye was replaced with a glass eye after he injured it while doing what?
4. At what age did Sidney fight a boy for calling him a half breed dirty coward?
5. In what year did Sidney's dad quit trapping and get a job as a jail guard?
Essay Topic 1
Sidney and Jimmy get married more than once. Who are the wives? How do they meet each one? Do they have any kids? Do they stay together? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why is tuberculosis such a big issue in rural Alaska during this time? How is it treated? What hinders recovery? What helps? Who were some of the people affected by the deaths brought on by TB? Who was impacted the most by TB and how?
Essay Topic 3
Beavers are a favored prey for hunters. Discuss why Sidney and others like hunting them, how they are hunted, and what led to beavers almost being killed off. Also provide details about how beavers are skinned and cleaned and what the people do because they believe it will ensure the beaver population does not become extinct.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)