|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sidney killed a moose for which one of his uncles, and this uncle brought his whole family to prepare the meat and the hide over several days?
2. In 1934 Jimmy married ___.
3. How did Weaselheart kill passive beavers with his wife's help?
4. Instead of letting Sidney enlist in 1941, the government sent him to ___ to work as a sheet metal worker.
5. On his month off from service to his government what elder traveled with Sidney on his hunting trip for a "last hunt?"
Essay Topic 1
How did moose hunting become a yearly tradition for Sidney and his family? What surprised Sidney about a moose he shot from his boat? How does Sidney describe what he thinks facilitated moose migration into the Koyukuk?
Essay Topic 2
How did wolves factor into the thinning moose population in Koyukuk? What role did Donald Stickman play in wolf population control? How does Sidney describe the controversy that existed over the several years about wolf control practices?
Essay Topic 3
In the first few chapters of the book Sidney describes his life in Koyukuk as a young child under the age of six. Explain the challenges Sidney faced at this time in his life, including his mother's death, getting help for his sick dad, and his habit of wandering off at a young age. Also discuss how Sidney deals with each challenge.
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)