Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Jimmy tow fuel for military planes?
2. When Jimmy got married in 1934, he went to live with his wife's family where?
3. Who flew Sidney's pregnant wife to the hospital after the dog sled accident?
4. In 1941 Sidney tried to join the ___.
5. Sidney's eye was replaced with a glass eye after he injured it while doing what?
How does Sidney learn to become a carpenter and end up doing work in Galena? During this time the family builds a salmon fishing business and then a salmon smokehouse. How does each business come about and why does Sidney sell the fishing business at some point?
What role do sled dogs play in Sidney's life? Why does Sidney think treating his dogs well helped save his life when he has an accident while Jenny is hospitalized? What does Jenny warn Sidney about when he fears a dog that attacked him? How does Sidney's brother Jimmy exhibit his skill in handling sled dogs?
A flood takes away all of the family's possession in 1928. What caused the flood? How did the family escape? Why did they lose everything? How did they recover before winter? Who helped the family recover so they had all they needed before winter?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)