Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Jimmy tow fuel for military planes?
2. When Jimmy got married in 1934, he went to live with his wife's family where?
3. Who flew Sidney's pregnant wife to the hospital after the dog sled accident?
4. In 1941 Sidney tried to join the ___.
5. Sidney's eye was replaced with a glass eye after he injured it while doing what?
Essay Topic 1
Sidney learns about spear hunting grizzly bears. How does he learn about this method? What is involved in this method? Also, explain how Sidney catches a grizzly using a snare and why he did it?
Essay Topic 2
Why is tuberculosis such a big issue in rural Alaska during this time? How is it treated? What hinders recovery? What helps? Who were some of the people affected by the deaths brought on by TB? Who was impacted the most by TB and how?
Essay Topic 3
Beavers are a favored prey for hunters. Discuss why Sidney and others like hunting them, how they are hunted, and what led to beavers almost being killed off. Also provide details about how beavers are skinned and cleaned and what the people do because they believe it will ensure the beaver population does not become extinct.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)