|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Jimmy tow fuel for military planes?
2. When Jimmy got married in 1934, he went to live with his wife's family where?
3. Who flew Sidney's pregnant wife to the hospital after the dog sled accident?
4. In 1941 Sidney tried to join the ___.
5. Sidney's eye was replaced with a glass eye after he injured it while doing what?
Essay Topic 1
What was Prohibition? How did Prohibition affect rural Alaska? How did it affect Sidney and Jimmy? What are some of the effects of bad liquor? Of alcohol abuse? How was Sidney's life impacted by his alcohol abuse? Why and when did Sidney stop drinking?
Essay Topic 2
In one chapter, Sidney talks about Edwin Simon and how his "three lives" embody the changes in the Athapaskan culture. Who are the Athapaskan? Who is Edwin Simon? What are these "three lives," and when do they occur? How do they embody the changes in the Athapaskan culture?
Essay Topic 3
Sidney talks about his sons. What does he share about his sons, including events involving Carl, Arnold, and Gilbert?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)