|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jimmy died in _____.
2. Whose fourteen kids died of tuberculosis?
(a) Hog River Johnny's.
3. Who threw a stick at a moose and the moose charged?
(d) Hog River Johnny.
4. Moose hunting became a yearly tradition with Sidney's family, but the moose population began to thin due to wolves in the ___.
5. How many pounds did the moose weigh that Sidney shot while he and his family were on their boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24 "Galena," who made fur clothes to help support their family?
2. Where was the Indian from that told Sidney a story about how storyteller's dad and partner tracked and killed some strangers?
3. What did Jimmy and Sidney name the 30 foot boat that they built together as described in Chapter 13 "On Our Own?"
4. At what age did Sidney fight a boy for calling him a half breed dirty coward?
5. In 1934 Jimmy married ___.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did two Eskimos tell Sidney to cut off the hooves of a caribou when they came upon him dressing the caribou?
2. What did Sidney do when he learned an instrument?
3. After Donald Stickman found 12 moose killed by wolves, how was the wolf population "controlled?"
4. What is the Koyukon Indian's attitude about animal spirits?
5. Who is Edwin Simon?
6. In 1937 what happened after Sidney killed a moose for his uncle Hog River Johnny?
7. According to Chapter 16, "Siwash," what did Sidney do after he got lost while tracking and trapping a marten?
8. What happened when Sidney went to enlist in the army after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941?
9. How did Sidney describe the killing of passive beavers by his uncle and his uncle's wife?
10. What happened when Sidney and his dad's partner, Charlie went upstream looking for better trapping prospects in 1929?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)