|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sidney killed a moose for which one of his uncles, and this uncle brought his whole family to prepare the meat and the hide over several days?
(a) Chief Thomas.
(b) Chief Paul.
(c) Hog River Johnny.
2. Who had five of their six kids die from tuberculosis?
(a) Hog River Johnny.
3. Who found several moose killed by wolves with most of the meat barely touched?
(a) Ben Derrick.
(b) Donald Stickman.
(c) Charlie Swanson.
(d) Charlie Evans.
4. Sidney and his first wife divorced in ___.
5. On the Fourth of July who surprisingly won the local canoe race?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jimmy and Sidney name the 30 foot boat that they built together as described in Chapter 13 "On Our Own?"
2. "Siwashing out" means living off the land without what?
3. What was the name of Weaselheart's wife who helped him kill beaver?
4. How many pounds did the moose weigh that Sidney shot while he and his family were on their boat?
5. When did Edwin Simon live in permanent housing with electricity, running water, and appliances?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Donald Stickman found 12 moose killed by wolves, how was the wolf population "controlled?"
2. How did tuberculosis affect Sidney's and his uncles' families?
3. What happened when Sidney and Jimmy went beaver hunting in the mid-1930s?
4. What happened when Sidney and his dad's partner, Charlie went upstream looking for better trapping prospects in 1929?
5. As described in Chapter 21, "Koyukuk Moose," what happened when Sidney's family was out hunting moose in their boat?
6. In 1937 what happened after Sidney killed a moose for his uncle Hog River Johnny?
7. What did Sidney do when he learned an instrument?
8. Why was Sidney's dad at the Alaska Pioneer's Home and why did he leave?
9. Who was Herman Lerdahl?
10. How did Sidney describe the killing of passive beavers by his uncle and his uncle's wife?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)