|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the girl Sidney described as getting her clothes wet and when he offered her a blanket while her clothes dried by the fire he was stopped so she could get "strong?"
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 4 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
2. Whose life saving advice about two fires helped Sidney survive overnight in the cold when he got lost while tracking and trapping a marten?
(b) Eklunta John's.
(c) Charlie Swanson's.
(d) Edwin Simon's.
3. After their dad retired from trapping, at what ages did Jimmy and Sidney go trapping on their own?
(a) 13 and 16.
(b) 16 and 17.
(c) 14 and 16.
(d) 15 and 16.
4. After his wife died in 1941, Jimmy married ____.
5. Who usually won the local canoe race, according to Chapter 13 "On Our Own?"
(a) Charlie Swanson.
(b) Charlie Evans.
(c) Hog River Johnny.
(d) Joe Stickman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1934 Sidney's dad went to the Alaska Pioneer Home in ___ because of failing health.
2. Moose hunting became a yearly tradition with Sidney's family, but the moose population began to thin due to wolves in the ___.
3. In what year did Sidney's dad quit trapping and get a job as a jail guard?
4. On the way to ___ Sidney and his pregnant wife had a sledding accident and she was flown to the hospital.
5. How did Weaselheart kill passive beavers with his wife's help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with Sidney and alcohol?
2. According to Chapter 16, "Siwash," what did Sidney do after he got lost while tracking and trapping a marten?
3. How did tuberculosis affect Sidney's and his uncles' families?
4. Who is Edwin Simon?
5. Why did Sidney address the Alaska Board of Education about paying for rural schools in areas with low population?
6. Why did publishers change the ages of Sidney and his siblings at the time of Anna's death in both Sidney's and Jimmy's autobiographies?
7. How did Sidney describe the killing of passive beavers by his uncle and his uncle's wife?
8. What happened when Sidney's dad dug for gold at Bear Creek?
9. What happened when Sidney and Jimmy went beaver hunting in the mid-1930s?
10. What happened when Sidney and his dad's partner, Charlie went upstream looking for better trapping prospects in 1929?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)