|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Sidney quit drinking?
2. On the way to ___ Sidney and his pregnant wife had a sledding accident and she was flown to the hospital.
(b) Clear Creek.
(d) Bear Creek.
3. Sidney met his first wife at ____.
(b) Koyukuk Station.
4. Sidney learned an instrument and made himself a guitar and ___.
(a) A tamborine.
(c) A violin.
5. How old was the girl Sidney described as getting her clothes wet and when he offered her a blanket while her clothes dried by the fire he was stopped so she could get "strong?"
(a) 4 years old.
(b) 6 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 3 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his wife died in 1941, Jimmy married ____.
2. Instead of letting Sidney enlist in 1941, the government sent him to ___ to work as a sheet metal worker.
3. Sidney was 18, and after exploring the former ___ he decided to hunt there.
4. Over how many years, after finding the dead moose killed by wolves, were wolves killed to re-balance the wildlife population?
5. In 1939 Sidney and Jimmy built a ___ foot boat.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did tuberculosis affect Sidney's and his uncles' families?
2. What happened when Sidney went to enlist in the army after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941?
3. According to Chapter 16, "Siwash," what did Sidney do after he got lost while tracking and trapping a marten?
4. As described in Chapter 21, "Koyukuk Moose," what happened when Sidney's family was out hunting moose in their boat?
5. How did Sidney describe the killing of passive beavers by his uncle and his uncle's wife?
6. What happened when Sidney and his dad's partner, Charlie went upstream looking for better trapping prospects in 1929?
7. Who was Ben Derrick?
8. What happened with Sidney and alcohol?
9. What happened in the story Golchik told Sidney about spearing a grizzly bear?
10. Who is Edwin Simon?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)