|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After how many months of service to his government did Sidney take a month off to go hunting?
2. Sidney's first wife's name was __.
3. Two Eskimos came upon Sidney dressing caribou and advised him to cut off what part of the carcass since wolves subsisted off these long-lasting parts?
4. Moose hunting became a yearly tradition with Sidney's family, but the moose population began to thin due to wolves in the ___.
5. When Jimmy got married in 1934, he went to live with his wife's family where?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the girl Sidney described as getting her clothes wet and when he offered her a blanket while her clothes dried by the fire he was stopped so she could get "strong?"
2. Jimmy died in _____.
3. According to Sidney, when did Edwin Simon experience and use things like motorboats, oil, gas and buying food at trading posts?
4. Which one of Sidney's sisters is mentioned in Chapter 23 "Booze" as dying from tuberculosis?
5. On his month off from service to his government what elder traveled with Sidney on his hunting trip for a "last hunt?"
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 16, "Siwash," what did Sidney do after he got lost while tracking and trapping a marten?
2. What happened with Sidney and alcohol?
3. What happened when Sidney explored the former No Man's Land?
4. What happened when Sidney and Jimmy went beaver hunting in the mid-1930s?
5. Why did Sidney address the Alaska Board of Education about paying for rural schools in areas with low population?
6. Why was Sidney's dad at the Alaska Pioneer's Home and why did he leave?
7. How did Sidney describe the killing of passive beavers by his uncle and his uncle's wife?
8. Why did two Eskimos tell Sidney to cut off the hooves of a caribou when they came upon him dressing the caribou?
9. What happened when Sidney and his dad's partner, Charlie went upstream looking for better trapping prospects in 1929?
10. As described in Chapter 21, "Koyukuk Moose," what happened when Sidney's family was out hunting moose in their boat?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)