|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sidney's last year of formal schooling as a kid was what grade?
2. Once Sidney's family safely arrived at their cabin, Sidney and his dad set out to replace supplies and equipment lost in the flood, leaving __ behind to pan for gold.
3. Whose two daughters were taken by the Russians when the Russians first arrived in the Koyukon area?
(a) Chief John.
(b) Chief Paul.
(c) Chief Lolee-ann.
(d) Chief Thomas.
4. After Sidney and his young siblings were reunited with their dad after Anna's death, who confessed to stealing candy and cookies from the store?
5. On Anna's walk home she opened her eyes one morning and found whose son watching her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anticipating the depression, Sidney and his dad traveled to the town of Tanana, population ____, to sell off furs while the prices were high.
2. Of the salmon Sidney's family caught after the flood to replenish supplies how much did they keep to feed the dogs through the winter?
3. James was arrested for illegally selling ___ for the Indians.
4. Sidney and his siblings consumed canned ___ from the trading post after their mom died.
5. How old was Sidney when his mom died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sidney's family protect their belongings from a flood described in Chapter 11, "The Flood?"
2. What did Sidney describe about a census taker and his guide?
3. According to Chapter 8, "The Batza River Trapline," what did Sidney and his dad do one year in March in anticipation of a coming depression?
4. In Alatna, who were Kitty and Abraham?
5. What happened when the Koyukuk River ice started to break up mid-May in 1928?
6. What are "kallyhocuses" and why was Sidney told about them as a child?
7. When did Sidney decide to build a boat according to Chapter 10, "My First Boat," and what did he do?
8. What relationship did Homer and Sidney have, and why did it end?
9. Why was Jimmy hospitalized for six months in Eklutna?
10. Sidney heard rifle shots when he was 12. Why were the Nulato firing these shots?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)