|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Sidney stay at the Anvik Mission, learning the importance of helping others?
2. The riverboat bound for Alatna with Sidney and his dad aboard was captained by ___.
(a) Charlie Smith.
(b) Charlie Swanson.
(c) Charlie Irish.
(d) Charlie Evans.
3. Sidney's last year of formal schooling as a kid was what grade?
4. Where did Sidney and Jimmy see their first train?
5. Sidney's family sent word that they had chosen a ___ year old girl as Sidney's wife, which Sidney refused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Sidney and his dad harvest the family potato garden?
2. An ___ lieutenant was killed when the Koyukon Indians finally attacked the Russian fort in retaliation for their actions when they first arrived in the Koyukon area.
3. In what year did James sell his share in the Alatna trading post?
4. It was ___ degrees when Sidney returned from checking his traps in sub-freezing temperatures at the Batza River.
5. Sidney and his young siblings hid where when they heard an approaching steamboat near their home, after Anna died?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 8, "The Batza River Trapline," what did Sidney and his dad do one year in March in anticipation of a coming depression?
2. Why did Sidney fight so much when he first arrived at the Eklutna Vocational School?
3. What did Sidney describe about a census taker and his guide?
4. According to Chapter 8, "The Batza River Trapline," how did Sidney and Jimmy help the family prepare for winter?
5. How did the Collins boys come to be at the Anvik Mission?
6. According to Chapter 8, "The Batza River Trapline," why did Sidney and his family travel upriver toward Batza River?
7. Why did Anna walk 400 miles home from Nome?
8. What relationship did Homer and Sidney have, and why did it end?
9. Why was James arrested according to Chapter 2, "Kallyhocuses?"
10. Who helped the riverboat headed to Alatna get over the shallow riffles as explained in Chapter 5, "Alatna?"
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)