|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Sidney about evidence of strangers and how the storyteller's dad and another tracked and killed the strangers?
(c) Hog River Johnny.
(d) Young Tobey.
2. On the way to ___ Sidney and his pregnant wife had a sledding accident and she was flown to the hospital.
(b) Clear Creek.
(d) Bear Creek.
3. Sidney and his first wife divorced in ___.
4. Whose life saving advice about two fires helped Sidney survive overnight in the cold when he got lost while tracking and trapping a marten?
(a) Edwin Simon's.
(b) Charlie Swanson's.
(c) Eklunta John's.
5. Over how many years, after finding the dead moose killed by wolves, were wolves killed to re-balance the wildlife population?
6. How old was the girl Sidney described as getting her clothes wet and when he offered her a blanket while her clothes dried by the fire he was stopped so she could get "strong?"
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 4 years old.
(c) 3 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
7. On his month off from service to his government what elder traveled with Sidney on his hunting trip for a "last hunt?"
(a) Chief Paul.
(c) Chief John.
8. Who is the Koyukon elder Sidney visited in the hospital who talked about letting the weak and the sick die so only the strong survived?
(a) Old Mama.
(b) His dad.
(c) Vhief Paul.
(d) Johnny Oldman.
9. In 1939 Sidney and Jimmy built a ___ foot boat.
10. Who had five of their six kids die from tuberculosis?
(d) Hog River Johnny.
11. Following survival advice, Sidney described how he built one fire to melt the snow, dry green branches and __.
(a) Cook food.
(b) Bare the ground.
(c) Keep him warm.
(d) Keep animals away.
12. On the Fourth of July who surprisingly won the local canoe race?
13. How many pounds did the moose weigh that Sidney shot while he and his family were on their boat?
14. How many moose killed by wolves were found in 1956 with the meat barely touched?
15. In Chapter 24 "Galena," who made fur clothes to help support their family?
(d) Old Mama.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Sidney's dad quit trapping and get a job as a jail guard?
2. In 1941 Sidney tried to join the ___.
3. When Sidney taught his kids to hunt, which son killed a bull moose with a bow and arrow?
4. The Koyukon rituals for animal spirits included keeping the spirits happy and not letting them ___.
5. Jimmy died in _____.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)