|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1934 Sidney's dad went to the Alaska Pioneer Home in ___ because of failing health.
2. The Athapaskan Indians traded everything with the white men they come in contact with except their ___ which were superior.
3. In what year did Sidney quit drinking?
4. Charlie amazed Sidney by felling a moose from __ yards away.
5. Sidney and his first wife divorced in ___.
6. When Jimmy got married in 1934, he went to live with his wife's family where?
7. Whose nickname was "Huslia Hustler" for always winning dog sled races?
(b) Hog River Johnny.
8. How did Weaselheart kill passive beavers with his wife's help?
(a) Rifle shots.
(c) Bow and Arrow.
(d) By club.
9. When did Edwin Simon live in permanent housing with electricity, running water, and appliances?
10. How many wolves were killed during the re-balancing process described by Sidney in Chapter 22 "Koyukuk Wolves?"
11. How many moose killed by wolves were found in 1956 with the meat barely touched?
12. In what year was Sidney appointed to the Alaska Board of Fish and Game?
13. Sidney learned an instrument and made himself a guitar and ___.
(a) A tamborine.
(d) A violin.
14. Instead of letting Sidney enlist in 1941, the government sent him to ___ to work as a sheet metal worker.
(b) Fort Nulato.
(d) Fort Richardson.
15. Whose fourteen kids died of tuberculosis?
(c) Hog River Johnny's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who trained the best sled dogs, all one quarter wolf?
2. Who flew Sidney's pregnant wife to the hospital after the dog sled accident?
3. Which one of Sidney's sisters is mentioned in Chapter 23 "Booze" as dying from tuberculosis?
4. At what age did Sidney fight a boy for calling him a half breed dirty coward?
5. Which one of Sidney's sons mistook a wolf in a trap for a sled dog and let it go?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)