|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Jimmy tow fuel for military planes?
2. In Chapter 24 "Galena," who made fur clothes to help support their family?
(c) Old Mama.
3. In what year was Edwin Simon born?
4. Sidney met his first wife at ____.
(d) Koyukuk Station.
5. How many pounds did the moose weigh that Sidney shot while he and his family were on their boat?
6. In what year did Sidney have heart trouble and a triple bypass?
7. On the Fourth of July who surprisingly won the local canoe race?
8. Which one of Sidney's sons mistook a wolf in a trap for a sled dog and let it go?
9. On his month off from service to his government what elder traveled with Sidney on his hunting trip for a "last hunt?"
(b) Chief John.
(c) Chief Paul.
10. Sidney's eye was replaced with a glass eye after he injured it while doing what?
(a) Chopping Wood.
(b) Fixing a trap.
(c) Reparing an engine.
(d) Driving a dog sled.
11. After their dad retired from trapping, at what ages did Jimmy and Sidney go trapping on their own?
(a) 13 and 16.
(b) 16 and 17.
(c) 15 and 16.
(d) 14 and 16.
12. When did Edwin Simon live in permanent housing with electricity, running water, and appliances?
13. Over how many years, after finding the dead moose killed by wolves, were wolves killed to re-balance the wildlife population?
14. Sidney learned an instrument and made himself a guitar and ___.
(a) A tamborine.
(d) A violin.
15. Which one of Sidney's sisters is mentioned in Chapter 23 "Booze" as dying from tuberculosis?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sidney and his first wife divorced in ___.
2. Whose life saving advice about two fires helped Sidney survive overnight in the cold when he got lost while tracking and trapping a marten?
3. Jimmy died in _____.
4. According to details in Chapter 23 "Booze," what can lead to blindness and death?
5. According to Sidney, when did Edwin Simon experience and use things like motorboats, oil, gas and buying food at trading posts?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)