|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On one of the riverboat stops on the way to Alatna, at the village of Hughes, Sidney saw ___ again.
(b) His uncle Weaselheart.
(c) His grandma.
(d) Ezra Collins.
2. Sidney's family was still short $___ to buy winter supplies and equipment after everything they did to earn cash after the flood.
3. What boat did John Stickman salvage off the ice after the flood and return to Sidney and his family?
(a) The Ark.
(b) Sidney's boat.
(c) The Vixen.
(d) The Koyukuk.
4. Sidney's family salmon fished after the flood to help replenish supplies, and they caught ___ salmon.
5. When Sidney checked his traps during sub-freezing temperatures while at the Batza River he found a ___ in one of his traps and killed it for its fur.
6. Anna and Victor had two children named Fred and _____ as mentioned in the first chapter of the book.
7. While at the Batza River, as described in Chapter 10 "My First Boat," when did Sidney decide to build a boat?
8. Sidney and his young siblings set out to get help from ____ after Anna's death.
(a) Dominic Vernetti.
(b) John Evans.
(c) Charlie Swanson.
(d) Eklutna John.
9. How much did Sidney get paid for selling his boat to John Stickman?
10. What tool was Dad reluctant to let Jimmy use while helping to build Sidney's boat?
(a) A whipsaw.
(b) An axe.
(c) A drill.
(d) A hammer.
11. In what month did Sidney and his dad travel to Tanana to sell furs and visit relatives?
12. An ___ lieutenant was killed when the Koyukon Indians finally attacked the Russian fort in retaliation for their actions when they first arrived in the Koyukon area.
13. Since a ____ was blocking the trail to get help Sidney and his young siblings decided to take a boat on the river after Anna's death.
(a) Grizzly Bear.
(b) Brown Bear.
(c) Black Bear.
(d) Polar Bear.
14. Jimmy and Sidney helped prepare for the winter at Batza River by catching ____ to feed the dogs through winter.
15. How old was Sidney when his mom died?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 12 "Snaring a Grizzly," a ___ bear raided the family's fish stores one night, so Sidney decided to catch it.
2. Where did Sidney and Jimmy see their first train?
3. At what age did Sidney start wandering and exploring the wilderness surrounding his home?
4. How much money did Sidney's family make selling some of the salmon they caught after the flood?
5. On Anna's walk home she opened her eyes one morning and found whose son watching her?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)