|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, On Our Own and Chapter 14, No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sidney and Jimmy see their first train?
2. Sidney and his dad traveled upriver to Alatna because James had a ___ their with a partner.
(a) Mail delivery line.
(b) Trading post.
(c) Fur trapping trade.
(d) Fishing boat.
3. Who taught Sidney and Jimmy how to make snowshoes while they were away at school near Anchorage?
(a) Eklutna John.
(b) Chief Paul.
(d) Hog River Johnny.
4. Sidney's family salmon fished after the flood to help replenish supplies, and they caught ___ salmon.
5. In Alatna Kitty had a son named ___ who was Sidney's age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anticipating the depression, Sidney and his dad traveled to the town of Tanana, population ____, to sell off furs while the prices were high.
2. Sidney's Aunt Eliza's last name was ___.
3. After their dad retired from trapping, at what ages did Jimmy and Sidney go trapping on their own?
4. After Sidney and his siblings were reunited with their father, all the family came for a memorial ___ for Anna.
5. How much money did Sidney's family make selling some of the salmon they caught after the flood?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)