|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, On Our Own and Chapter 14, No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sidney and his young siblings hid where when they heard an approaching steamboat near their home, after Anna died?
(a) On the cabin roof.
(b) In the store cellar.
(c) In the nearby woods.
(d) In the bottom of the boat.
2. Large pieces of broken ice from the Koyukuk River ___ in the river causing a flood.
(a) Broke up.
3. Sidney and his dad traveled upriver to Alatna because James had a ___ their with a partner.
(a) Mail delivery line.
(b) Trading post.
(c) Fur trapping trade.
(d) Fishing boat.
4. Charlie amazed Sidney by felling a moose from __ yards away.
5. In what year did Sidney visit Anchorage and see his first movie and first car?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Sidney and Jimmy how to make snowshoes while they were away at school near Anchorage?
2. On one of the riverboat stops on the way to Alatna, at the village of Hughes, Sidney saw ___ again.
3. Sidney's family salmon fished after the flood to help replenish supplies, and they caught ___ salmon.
4. In what year did Sidney and Charlie, his dad's partner, go upstream looking for better trapping prospects and find moose tracks?
5. How old was Sidney's brother Jimmy when their mom died?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)