|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beverly seem to handle stress?
2. What do all of the pieces of Beverly's jewelry represent?
3. In what way does Agnes relent briefly to the interviewer's idea?
4. What does Beverly do for Brian?
5. What was Mark doing before he came to live with Brian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author include the clinical nature of death in American society in this play? Which characters express this idea? How do they express it?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the character of Maggie dying? How do you think Joe and Maggie's marriage was? Which of them do you feel is the stronger character? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
What is a common thread among all of the patients life reviews? What seems to bother the patients the most? Do you agree with their feelings? Why or why not?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)