|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Beverly and Mark both agree that Brian is?
2. What does Beverly say that Mark's life is based on?
3. What do all of the pieces of Beverly's jewelry represent?
4. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
5. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a common thread among all of the patients life reviews? What seems to bother the patients the most? Do you agree with their feelings? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use the interviewer to explore each character in a more in-depth way? What other technique could the author use to achieve the same result? Which do you believe would be more effective? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is the character of Maggie dying? How do you think Joe and Maggie's marriage was? Which of them do you feel is the stronger character? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)