|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Claire gone before Felicity and Agnes knew what happened to her?
2. What does the reality of terminal illness force people to do?
3. What does Beverly warn Mark not to do to Brian?
4. What does Beverly do for Brian?
5. What does the interviewer tell Agnes may need to happen to Felicity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe the author's use of flashbacks and memories is helpful to the audience? Why or why not? Do you think this play would have been as important without the flashbacks and memories? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the theme that is explored at the end of the play? Do you agree that it is the most important theme of all of those explored throughout the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play the stages of grief are exposed to the audience. What are the stages of grief? Describe how the characters show these stages in different ways? Do you believe everyone goes through these same stages? Why or why not?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)