|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters remains in denial the longest?
2. How does Mark feel about the thought of Brian leaving?
3. Which of the following characters seems to have lead the fuller life?
4. Why does Maggie agree to enter the cottage for the first time?
5. How does Beverly seem to handle stress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a common thread among all of the patients life reviews? What seems to bother the patients the most? Do you agree with their feelings? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do the characters approach the battle against death differently? Whose approach do you relate most to? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the theme that is explored at the end of the play? Do you agree that it is the most important theme of all of those explored throughout the play? Why or why not?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)