|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe describe his life?
2. How does Brian feel about the argument over the spill on the jacket?
3. What does Joe take Maggie on the porch of the cottage?
4. What do the characters say about everything that matters?
5. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author demonstrate the theme of regret in the second act? How does this theme particularly affect Brian and Joe? Why do you believe it affects them more than Felicity?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Brian seem to be more sophisticated and evolved than the other patients? Why do you think this might be the case?
Essay Topic 3
How effective do you believe the author is at tying together three individual stories which all have one unifying theme? Do you believe the play would have been more effective had he told only one story? Why or why not?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)