|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agnes now describe Claire?
2. What happens when Beverly and Mark rush to Brian's side?
3. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
4. What does the interviewer suggest is keeping Agnes alive?
5. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death than say Beverly is to Brian's? Which character remains in denial throughout most of the play? What changes her view?
Essay Topic 2
What is the theme that is explored at the end of the play? Do you agree that it is the most important theme of all of those explored throughout the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author include the clinical nature of death in American society in this play? Which characters express this idea? How do they express it?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)