|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something that Agnes suffers from?
2. How does Mark feel about the thought of Brian leaving?
3. What does Maggie do that symbolizes her acceptance of Joe's impending death?
4. What do Joe and Maggie do while they sit outside of the cottage?
5. What does Joe say about death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the theme that is explored at the end of the play? Do you agree that it is the most important theme of all of those explored throughout the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does the interviewer help give the perception that death should be viewed as a scientific process? Do you agree with that view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe the author's use of flashbacks and memories is helpful to the audience? Why or why not? Do you think this play would have been as important without the flashbacks and memories? Why or why not?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)