|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter reading incident lead Agnes to realize?
2. What does Beverly say that Mark's life is based on?
3. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
4. Which of the following describes how Mark feels about Beverly's behavior?
5. What did both Beverly and Mark struggle with in regard to Brian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe the role of the interviewer is critical? Why or why not? How are the character's interactions with the interviewer different? How are they the same?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the character of Maggie dying? How do you think Joe and Maggie's marriage was? Which of them do you feel is the stronger character? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
What is the theme that is explored at the end of the play? Do you agree that it is the most important theme of all of those explored throughout the play? Why or why not?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)