|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie realize Joe needs from her?
2. What does Agnes believe has kept Felicity alive for the past two years?
3. What does the interviewer explain to Agnes what is happening to Felicity is called?
4. Which of the following characters remains in denial the longest?
5. What was Mark doing before he came to live with Brian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author demonstrate the theme of regret in the second act? How does this theme particularly affect Brian and Joe? Why do you believe it affects them more than Felicity?
Essay Topic 2
How do the characters approach the battle against death differently? Whose approach do you relate most to? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are the three patients united? In what ways do their views on dying differ? Do you believe these differences enhance or detract from the play? Why do you feel that way?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)