|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interviewer suggest is keeping Agnes alive?
2. How does Agnes respond to the interviewer after he proposes his ideas?
3. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
4. What does Joe think about that has made him angry?
5. How does Agnes feel about the ideas the interviewer has presented?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the characters approach the battle against death differently? Whose approach do you relate most to? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What is a common thread among all of the patients life reviews? What seems to bother the patients the most? Do you agree with their feelings? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author demonstrate the theme of regret in the second act? How does this theme particularly affect Brian and Joe? Why do you believe it affects them more than Felicity?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)