|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters remains in denial the longest?
2. Which of the following was not one of the descriptions that Agnes used to describe Claire after her mother took over her husband's job?
3. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
4. What does Agnes believe has kept Felicity alive for the past two years?
5. Which of the following characters seems to have lead the fuller life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does the interviewer seem to be omnipotent? Do you believe the interviewer is a higher power? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use the interviewer to explore each character in a more in-depth way? What other technique could the author use to achieve the same result? Which do you believe would be more effective? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author include the clinical nature of death in American society in this play? Which characters express this idea? How do they express it?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)