|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
2. What does the reality of terminal illness force people to do?
3. What does the interviewer explain to Agnes what is happening to Felicity is called?
4. How does Agnes respond to the interviewer after he proposes his ideas?
5. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways are the three patients united? In what ways do their views on dying differ? Do you believe these differences enhance or detract from the play? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
How do the characters approach the battle against death differently? Whose approach do you relate most to? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe the author's use of flashbacks and memories is helpful to the audience? Why or why not? Do you think this play would have been as important without the flashbacks and memories? Why or why not?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)