|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interviewer tell Agnes may need to happen to Felicity?
2. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
3. What does Beverly say that Mark's life is based on?
4. What does Beverly try to interject into Brian's grieving process?
5. What does the letter reading incident lead Agnes to realize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1In what way does the interviewer help give the perception that death should be viewed as a scientific process? Do you agree with that view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2How does Felicity's mental state affect her ability to handle her impending death? Do you think Felicity is better off or worse off than the other patients because of her mental status? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3How do the characters approach the battle against death differently? Whose approach do you relate most to? Why?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)