|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of what it means to be socially taboo?
2. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
3. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his first reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
4. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
5. What is located in the interview area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Agnes do that demonstrates her anger with the interviewer?
2. What explanation for Beverly give for all of the pieces of jewelry she wears?
3. What changed Joe's opinion about Maggie and Steve visiting him?
4. Describe how the stage would look as the play opens.
5. How does Mark feel about Beverly's behavior and how does Brian feel about it?
6. What term does the interviewer used to explain the situation to Agnes?
7. What was Agnes's rationale for taking on the duty of writing the letters to her mother?
8. What does Maggie agree to do after she realizes that their life together has gone by too fast?
9. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
10. How does Beverly react to Mark's information about Brian's condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1In what way does Brian seem to be more sophisticated and evolved than the other patients? Why do you think this might be the case?
Essay Topic 2How does Felicity's mental state affect her ability to handle her impending death? Do you think Felicity is better off or worse off than the other patients because of her mental status? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3In what way does the interviewer help give the perception that death should be viewed as a scientific process? Do you agree with that view? Why or why not?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)