Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
2. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
3. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
4. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
5. Who is Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Maggie and Steve arrive at Joe's cottage?
2. What was Mark doing before Brian took him in?
3. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
4. What specifically about his illness has made Joe very angry?
5. How does Brian react to the situation between Beverly and Mark?
6. Why did Brian's wife leave him?
7. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital and where does she sometimes think she is?
8. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
9. What does Agnes do that demonstrates her anger with the interviewer?
10. What does Maggie agree to do after she realizes that their life together has gone by too fast?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play the stages of grief are exposed to the audience. What are the stages of grief? Describe how the characters show these stages in different ways? Do you believe everyone goes through these same stages? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How effective do you believe the author is at tying together three individual stories which all have one unifying theme? Do you believe the play would have been more effective had he told only one story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think Felicity's hostility toward the interviewer symbolizes? Why do you think she takes it out on her daughter? Do you think Agnes handles her mother well? Why or why not?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)