|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What won't Maggie listen to that Joe tries to explain to her?
2. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
3. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
4. Who does Felicity say Agnes is like?
5. What is located in the interview area?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Brian's wife leave him?
2. How does Brian react to the situation between Beverly and Mark?
3. What is Brian's profession and how does he feel his work has been affected by his condition?
4. What specifically about his illness has made Joe very angry?
5. What term does the interviewer used to explain the situation to Agnes?
6. Describe how the stage would look as the play opens.
7. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
8. Why weren't Joe's wife and son regular visitors while he was in the hospital?
9. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital and where does she sometimes think she is?
10. What does Brian think would help people and allow them to better off if they would admit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways are the three patients united? In what ways do their views on dying differ? Do you believe these differences enhance or detract from the play? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the author's use of flashbacks and memories is helpful to the audience? Why or why not? Do you think this play would have been as important without the flashbacks and memories? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play the stages of grief are exposed to the audience. What are the stages of grief? Describe how the characters show these stages in different ways? Do you believe everyone goes through these same stages? Why or why not?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)