|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
2. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
3. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
4. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
5. Who is Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Maggie and Steve arrive at Joe's cottage?
2. What was Mark doing before Brian took him in?
3. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
4. What specifically about his illness has made Joe very angry?
5. How does Brian react to the situation between Beverly and Mark?
6. Why did Brian's wife leave him?
7. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital and where does she sometimes think she is?
8. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
9. What does Agnes do that demonstrates her anger with the interviewer?
10. What does Maggie agree to do after she realizes that their life together has gone by too fast?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use the interviewer to explore each character in a more in-depth way? What other technique could the author use to achieve the same result? Which do you believe would be more effective? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the role of the interviewer is critical? Why or why not? How are the character's interactions with the interviewer different? How are they the same?
Essay Topic 3
How does Felicity's mental state affect her ability to handle her impending death? Do you think Felicity is better off or worse off than the other patients because of her mental status? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)