|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic of this play?
2. What is located in the interview area?
3. What is Beverly obsessed with?
4. About how old is Felicity?
5. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Joe's first reaction to the interviewer is quite awkward?
2. How does Maggie feel about going into the cottage?
3. What happens when the interviewer brings up these doubts and alternate ideas to Agnes?
4. How does the interviewer find Joe as s/he talks to him and why does he seem this way?
5. Why do you think Agnes suffers from psychosomatic headaches?
6. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
7. What does Maggie agree to do after she realizes that their life together has gone by too fast?
8. What explanation for Beverly give for all of the pieces of jewelry she wears?
9. Why did Joe discourage his wife and son from spending the money and time to come visit him in the hospital?
10. What kind of person did Agnes say Claire was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Brian seem to be more sophisticated and evolved than the other patients? Why do you think this might be the case?
Essay Topic 2
How do the characters approach the battle against death differently? Whose approach do you relate most to? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are the three patients united? In what ways do their views on dying differ? Do you believe these differences enhance or detract from the play? Why do you feel that way?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)