|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
2. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
3. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
4. Who comes in while Mark is putting away Brian's medications?
5. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beverly think that Mark's life is based on?
2. How does Felicity react to the interviewer?
3. What was Agnes's rationale for taking on the duty of writing the letters to her mother?
4. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
5. What was Mark doing before Brian took him in?
6. What is wrong with Joe and why is he staying in the cottages?
7. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
8. What happens between Mark and Beverly after he spills champagne on his jacket?
9. Why does Mark want Beverly to leave the cottage?
10. How does Beverly react to Mark's information about Brian's condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the theme that is explored at the end of the play? Do you agree that it is the most important theme of all of those explored throughout the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think Felicity's hostility toward the interviewer symbolizes? Why do you think she takes it out on her daughter? Do you think Agnes handles her mother well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author demonstrate the theme of regret in the second act? How does this theme particularly affect Brian and Joe? Why do you believe it affects them more than Felicity?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)