|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Steve?
2. What caused Maggie and Steve to come to see Joe?
3. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
4. What is the main topic of this play?
5. About how old is Felicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the interviewer find Joe as s/he talks to him and why does he seem this way?
2. What does Brian think would help people and allow them to better off if they would admit?
3. How does Joe feel about his life as he sits reminiscing with his wife?
4. What thoughts turn Maggie's fear into anger?
5. What is wrong with Joe and why is he staying in the cottages?
6. What happens between Mark and Beverly after he spills champagne on his jacket?
7. How does Brian end his time with the interviewer?
8. What does the interviewer tell Joe to try and reassure him about his feelings?
9. What is Brian's perspective on Death?
10. What does the interviewer do to help Joe relax?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the characters approach the battle against death differently? Whose approach do you relate most to? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the author's use of flashbacks and memories is helpful to the audience? Why or why not? Do you think this play would have been as important without the flashbacks and memories? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How effective do you believe the author is at tying together three individual stories which all have one unifying theme? Do you believe the play would have been more effective had he told only one story? Why or why not?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)