|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
2. What does Mark tell Beverly about Brian?
3. What profession does Brian have?
4. What does Brian believe would allow people to live more authentic lives?
5. When does Maggie say she'll go in the cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Beverly finishes her dance performance?
2. Why weren't Joe's wife and son regular visitors while he was in the hospital?
3. What thoughts turn Maggie's fear into anger?
4. How did Agnes's plan work in regards to her mother?
5. What does the interviewer tell Joe to try and reassure him about his feelings?
6. What is currently causing Mark substantial pain?
7. What is Brian's perspective on Death?
8. Why did Brian's wife leave him?
9. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
10. What explanation for Beverly give for all of the pieces of jewelry she wears?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think Felicity's hostility toward the interviewer symbolizes? Why do you think she takes it out on her daughter? Do you think Agnes handles her mother well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play the stages of grief are exposed to the audience. What are the stages of grief? Describe how the characters show these stages in different ways? Do you believe everyone goes through these same stages? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How effective do you believe the author is at tying together three individual stories which all have one unifying theme? Do you believe the play would have been more effective had he told only one story? Why or why not?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)