|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the interview process explained to Joe?
2. What does Joe admit to the interviewer about Maggie?
3. What is Beverly obsessed with?
4. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
5. What does Joe want to do in regards to his feelings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brian's perspective on Death?
2. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
3. How does Maggie feel about going into the cottage?
4. How does Joe break the news about his condition to his son?
5. What happens that leads Agnes to finally recognize that her mother is senile?
6. How does Felicity react to the interviewer?
7. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
8. What is happening at Joe's cottage in the beginning of act 2?
9. Why weren't Joe's wife and son regular visitors while he was in the hospital?
10. What happens when Brian tries to join Beverly in her dancing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does the interviewer help give the perception that death should be viewed as a scientific process? Do you agree with that view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think the patients and their families each lived life to its fullest while they were alive? Why or why not? Do you think someone dying will always have regrets? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use the interviewer to explore each character in a more in-depth way? What other technique could the author use to achieve the same result? Which do you believe would be more effective? Why?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)