Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
2. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
3. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
4. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
5. Who is Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Maggie and Steve arrive at Joe's cottage?
2. What was Mark doing before Brian took him in?
3. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
4. What specifically about his illness has made Joe very angry?
5. How does Brian react to the situation between Beverly and Mark?
6. Why did Brian's wife leave him?
7. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital and where does she sometimes think she is?
8. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
9. What does Agnes do that demonstrates her anger with the interviewer?
10. What does Maggie agree to do after she realizes that their life together has gone by too fast?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use the interviewer to explore each character in a more in-depth way? What other technique could the author use to achieve the same result? Which do you believe would be more effective? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the author's use of flashbacks and memories is helpful to the audience? Why or why not? Do you think this play would have been as important without the flashbacks and memories? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does the interviewer help give the perception that death should be viewed as a scientific process? Do you agree with that view? Why or why not?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)