|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
2. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
3. What is the main topic of this play?
4. What does Mark tell Beverly about Brian?
5. What does Steve chide his mother about never being able to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Agnes suffers from psychosomatic headaches?
2. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
3. Why did Joe discourage his wife and son from spending the money and time to come visit him in the hospital?
4. What warning does Beverly give to Mark before she leaves?
5. How does Joe break the news about his condition to his son?
6. How does Maggie feel about going into the cottage?
7. What does the interviewer tell Joe to try and reassure him about his feelings?
8. What happens when the interviewer brings up these doubts and alternate ideas to Agnes?
9. What is Brian's perspective on Death?
10. What is currently causing Mark substantial pain?
Essay Topic 1
How does Felicity's mental state affect her ability to handle her impending death? Do you think Felicity is better off or worse off than the other patients because of her mental status? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death than say Beverly is to Brian's? Which character remains in denial throughout most of the play? What changes her view?
Essay Topic 3
How do the characters approach the battle against death differently? Whose approach do you relate most to? Why?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)