|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What won't Maggie listen to that Joe tries to explain to her?
2. What does Joe want to do in regards to his feelings?
3. Why did Brian's ex-wife leave him?
4. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
5. What does Felicity do to try and block out the interviewer's voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation for Beverly give for all of the pieces of jewelry she wears?
2. How does Mark feel about Beverly's behavior and how does Brian feel about it?
3. What happens when Brian tries to join Beverly in her dancing?
4. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
5. What does Agnes do that demonstrates her anger with the interviewer?
6. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital and where does she sometimes think she is?
7. How does Brian react to the situation between Beverly and Mark?
8. What happens when Beverly finishes her dance performance?
9. How does Brian end his time with the interviewer?
10. What kind of person did Agnes say Claire was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use the interviewer to explore each character in a more in-depth way? What other technique could the author use to achieve the same result? Which do you believe would be more effective? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play the stages of grief are exposed to the audience. What are the stages of grief? Describe how the characters show these stages in different ways? Do you believe everyone goes through these same stages? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death than say Beverly is to Brian's? Which character remains in denial throughout most of the play? What changes her view?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)