|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felicity do to try and block out the interviewer's voice?
2. What is located in the interview area?
3. What does the interviewer tell Joe he is available to do?
4. How does Beverly feel about the information that Mark shares with her?
5. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Joe and why is he staying in the cottages?
2. What changed Joe's opinion about Maggie and Steve visiting him?
3. What happens when Felicity demands Agnes take her back to the cottage and what does the interviewer do that surprises Agnes?
4. How does Brian end his time with the interviewer?
5. How does Maggie feel about going into the cottage?
6. How does Beverly react to Mark's information about Brian's condition?
7. What warning does Beverly give to Mark before she leaves?
8. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
9. What does the interviewer do to help Joe relax?
10. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe the author's use of flashbacks and memories is helpful to the audience? Why or why not? Do you think this play would have been as important without the flashbacks and memories? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use the interviewer to explore each character in a more in-depth way? What other technique could the author use to achieve the same result? Which do you believe would be more effective? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What does Maggie's entry into the cottage symbolize? How have her views changed throughout the play? In what way does she show herself as a selfless person?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)