|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
2. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
3. How does Joe react to what Maggie has done to Steve?
4. What won't Maggie listen to that Joe tries to explain to her?
5. Where are Maggie and Steve while Joe is hospitalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main plot line of the play, The Shadow Box?
2. What is currently causing Mark substantial pain?
3. What term does the interviewer used to explain the situation to Agnes?
4. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital and where does she sometimes think she is?
5. How does Maggie feel about going into the cottage?
6. Describe how the stage would look as the play opens.
7. What kind of person did Agnes say Claire was?
8. What happens between Mark and Beverly after he spills champagne on his jacket?
9. What happened to Felicity after she received news about Claire's death?
10. What does Beverly think that Mark's life is based on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe the role of the interviewer is critical? Why or why not? How are the character's interactions with the interviewer different? How are they the same?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author demonstrate the theme of regret in the second act? How does this theme particularly affect Brian and Joe? Why do you believe it affects them more than Felicity?
Essay Topic 3
How do the characters approach the battle against death differently? Whose approach do you relate most to? Why?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)