|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
2. What is Beverly obsessed with?
3. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his second reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
4. What profession does Brian have?
5. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Mark and Beverly after he spills champagne on his jacket?
2. Why is Joe's first reaction to the interviewer is quite awkward?
3. What explanation for Beverly give for all of the pieces of jewelry she wears?
4. What did Beverly tell Brian he had lost the magic and zest for and how did Brian rationalize this?
5. How does Mark feel about Beverly's behavior and how does Brian feel about it?
6. What is Brian's perspective on Death?
7. What is currently causing Mark substantial pain?
8. How does the interviewer find Joe as s/he talks to him and why does he seem this way?
9. How does Brian end his time with the interviewer?
10. What is wrong with Joe and why is he staying in the cottages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a common thread among all of the patients life reviews? What seems to bother the patients the most? Do you agree with their feelings? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are the three patients united? In what ways do their views on dying differ? Do you believe these differences enhance or detract from the play? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think Felicity's hostility toward the interviewer symbolizes? Why do you think she takes it out on her daughter? Do you think Agnes handles her mother well? Why or why not?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)