|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
2. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
3. What causes Joe to be vigorous and in good humor?
4. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
5. Why has Brian started to write again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
2. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
3. What warning does Beverly give to Mark before she leaves?
4. What does the interviewer do to help Joe relax?
5. What happens between Mark and Beverly after he spills champagne on his jacket?
6. What was Agnes's rationale for taking on the duty of writing the letters to her mother?
7. What is Brian's profession and how does he feel his work has been affected by his condition?
8. What is the main plot line of the play, The Shadow Box?
9. What explanation for Beverly give for all of the pieces of jewelry she wears?
10. What happens when Maggie and Steve arrive at Joe's cottage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe the role of the interviewer is critical? Why or why not? How are the character's interactions with the interviewer different? How are they the same?
Essay Topic 2
What is a common thread among all of the patients life reviews? What seems to bother the patients the most? Do you agree with their feelings? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does the interviewer help give the perception that death should be viewed as a scientific process? Do you agree with that view? Why or why not?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)