|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Brian started to write again?
2. How does Brian end his interview?
3. What does Brian say about every person's dreams?
4. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
5. What does Brian say about day-to-day basis life can be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Felicity react to the interviewer?
2. How did Agnes's plan work in regards to her mother?
3. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
4. How does Joe break the news about his condition to his son?
5. What term does the interviewer used to explain the situation to Agnes?
6. What thoughts turn Maggie's fear into anger?
7. What is Brian's profession and how does he feel his work has been affected by his condition?
8. How does Joe feel about his life as he sits reminiscing with his wife?
9. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
10. Why did Joe discourage his wife and son from spending the money and time to come visit him in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does the interviewer help give the perception that death should be viewed as a scientific process? Do you agree with that view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author include the clinical nature of death in American society in this play? Which characters express this idea? How do they express it?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does Brian seem to be more sophisticated and evolved than the other patients? Why do you think this might be the case?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)