|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Brian started to write again?
2. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
3. Felicity often has troubles with which of the following?
4. What is unique about where Joe is staying?
5. What is the main topic of this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the interviewer find Joe as s/he talks to him and why does he seem this way?
2. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
3. Describe how the stage would look as the play opens.
4. What warning does Beverly give to Mark before she leaves?
5. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital and where does she sometimes think she is?
6. What happens when Felicity demands Agnes take her back to the cottage and what does the interviewer do that surprises Agnes?
7. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
8. How does Beverly react to Mark's information about Brian's condition?
9. How does Joe break the news about his condition to his son?
10. How did Agnes's plan work in regards to her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play the stages of grief are exposed to the audience. What are the stages of grief? Describe how the characters show these stages in different ways? Do you believe everyone goes through these same stages? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What does Maggie's entry into the cottage symbolize? How have her views changed throughout the play? In what way does she show herself as a selfless person?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe the author's use of flashbacks and memories is helpful to the audience? Why or why not? Do you think this play would have been as important without the flashbacks and memories? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)