|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter reading incident lead Agnes to realize?
(a) She needs to put Felicity back in the hospital.
(b) Her mother is going to die.
(c) Her mother has declined into senility.
(d) She can no longer care for her mother.
2. What do Joe and Maggie do while they sit outside of the cottage?
(a) Talk about what it will be like when Joe is gone.
(b) Argue about what to tell their son.
(c) Reminisce about their life.
(d) Talk about why she won't go in the cottage.
3. What does Beverly warn Mark not to do to Brian?
(a) Treat him with disrespect.
(b) Provide him with the appropriate care.
(c) Stop listening to him.
(d) Give him too much hope.
4. What happened after Felicity heard the news?
(a) She started treating Agnes in a mean way.
(b) She gave up her will to live.
(c) She became angry at everyone else.
(d) She started having hallucinations.
5. What does Joe say about death?
(a) Nothing can prepare you for it.
(b) No one wants it.
(c) Nothing will stop it.
(d) No one understands it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all of the characters seem to say about life?
2. What did both Beverly and Mark struggle with in regard to Brian?
3. What does Joe think about that has made him angry?
4. What does Maggie feel about her life with Joe?
5. What does Brian say that no one expects?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)