|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark say that Beverly has such an elevated position on the topic of the dying process?
(a) She left Brian.
(b) Because she's not there every day watching it.
(c) Because she doesn't really understand it.
(d) She hasn't talked with the doctors yet.
2. Where does Brian go after falls?
(a) To his bedroom.
(b) Out on the porch.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) Into the kitchen.
3. What do the characters say about everything that matters?
(a) Everything that matters has an end.
(b) Everything that matters is kept in families.
(c) Everything that matters build memories.
(d) Everthing that matters goes by faster.
4. What does Beverly warn Mark not to do to Brian?
(a) Treat him with disrespect.
(b) Stop listening to him.
(c) Provide him with the appropriate care.
(d) Give him too much hope.
5. What do Beverly and Mark both agree that Brian is?
(a) More highly evolved spirtually.
(b) The best writer they have seen.
(c) The most patient man around.
(d) A man worthy of both of their love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beverly spill on Mark's jacket?
2. What does Maggie do that symbolizes her acceptance of Joe's impending death?
3. What does the letter reading incident lead Agnes to realize?
4. What happens when Brian makes his attempt with Beverly?
5. What does the reality of terminal illness force people to do?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)