|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
(a) The sound of recorded voices.
(b) A man calls him over.
(c) The loud crying of a woman.
(d) A light suddenly comes on.
2. Why did Brian's ex-wife leave him?
(a) He spent all of his time writing and not paying attention to her.
(b) He would always seem sad or irrate when he was writing.
(c) He wanted to write and talk instead of living life to its fullest.
(d) He would write about her and reveal her secrets to others.
3. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is incensed.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is relived.
4. What did Joe ask Maggie to do?
(a) Explain the situation to Steve.
(b) Talk to his doctors so she better understands things.
(c) Bring his favorite foods.
(d) Make sure she comes happily.
5. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his first reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
2. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
3. What does Felicity tell the interviewer to undermine Claire?
4. What is Brian's perspective on death?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term affable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the interviewer do to help Joe relax?
2. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
3. What happens when Felicity demands Agnes take her back to the cottage and what does the interviewer do that surprises Agnes?
4. How does Felicity react to the interviewer?
5. How does Maggie feel about going into the cottage?
6. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
7. What is the main plot line of the play, The Shadow Box?
8. What happened to Claire?
9. How does the interviewer find Joe as s/he talks to him and why does he seem this way?
10. What was Agnes's rationale for taking on the duty of writing the letters to her mother?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)