|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Felicity says that she and Claire communicate?
(a) Personal visits.
(b) Phone calls.
(d) They do not communicate.
2. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
(a) A light suddenly comes on.
(b) The sound of recorded voices.
(c) The loud crying of a woman.
(d) A man calls him over.
3. What causes Joe to be vigorous and in good humor?
(a) His wife and son are arriving soon.
(b) The interviewer is calming him.
(c) He has met a couple of friends at the other cottages.
(d) He has come to grips with his disease and fate.
4. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
(a) Denying the facts that are presented to them.
(b) Moving through their lives in an automatic way.
(c) Trying methods to prolong the inevitable.
(d) Praying to a God he does not believe exists.
5. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
(a) Singing a hymn.
(b) Talking about Claire.
(c) Reading the bible.
(d) Cleaning the cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
2. What does the interviewer tell Joe he is available to do?
3. What caused Maggie and Steve to come to see Joe?
4. What does Brian say about day-to-day basis life can be?
5. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian react to the situation between Beverly and Mark?
2. Describe how the stage would look as the play opens.
3. What is Brian's perspective on Death?
4. What happens when Maggie and Steve arrive at Joe's cottage?
5. What happened to Felicity after she received news about Claire's death?
6. What happens when Brian tries to join Beverly in her dancing?
7. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
8. What happens when the interviewer brings up these doubts and alternate ideas to Agnes?
9. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
10. What does Maggie agree to do after she realizes that their life together has gone by too fast?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)