|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
2. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
(a) To talk to Felicity alone.
(b) To speak to Agnes alone outside of the cottage.
(c) To have Felicity leave the cottage.
(d) To talk to Agnes too.
3. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
(a) She is tired and would rather be in bed.
(b) She doesn't like being observed in her private place.
(c) She is angry about her body being ravaged by the disease.
(d) She does not like discussing her disease or feelings.
4. What hope does Joe have in regards to Maggie's visit?
(a) That she will be able to find peace.
(b) That she will love being at the cottage.
(c) That she will be ready to comfort Steve when the time comes.
(d) That she will finally understand he is dying.
5. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
(a) Because he continues to write.
(b) Because she is happy.
(c) Because he laughs at life and death.
(d) Because he is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Brian's recurring dream?
2. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
3. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
4. What did Beverly tell Brian that he had lost?
5. What does Brian believe would allow people to live more authentic lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the interviewer brings up these doubts and alternate ideas to Agnes?
2. What happens when Brian tries to join Beverly in her dancing?
3. What happened to Felicity after she received news about Claire's death?
4. How did Agnes's plan work in regards to her mother?
5. What is the main plot line of the play, The Shadow Box?
6. Why do you think Agnes suffers from psychosomatic headaches?
7. What warning does Beverly give to Mark before she leaves?
8. What was Agnes's rationale for taking on the duty of writing the letters to her mother?
9. What is wrong with Joe and why is he staying in the cottages?
10. Why do you think the interviewer is only heard and never seen?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)