|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old is Felicity?
2. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
3. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
(a) She tells Joe that Steve has been very upset an dmean to her.
(b) She tells Joe that she never told Steve about Joe's condition.
(c) She tells Joe that Steve cannot handle his condition.
(d) She tells Joe that Steve has slapped her in the past.
4. What does Joe believe his illness has made him more of?
(a) A man with no hope.
(b) A person devoid of feelings.
(c) An object rather than a person.
(d) An emotionally withdrawn person.
5. What does Felicity do to try and block out the interviewer's voice?
(a) Hums to herself.
(b) Goes into the bedroom and shuts the door.
(c) Turns the TV up very loudly.
(d) Walks out of the cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What won't Maggie listen to that Joe tries to explain to her?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
3. What is located in the interview area?
4. What does Beverly try to do to handle the hostility between her and Mark?
5. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Brian tries to join Beverly in her dancing?
2. What was Agnes's rationale for taking on the duty of writing the letters to her mother?
3. Why do you think Agnes suffers from psychosomatic headaches?
4. What does Agnes do that demonstrates her anger with the interviewer?
5. Why did Joe discourage his wife and son from spending the money and time to come visit him in the hospital?
6. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital and where does she sometimes think she is?
7. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
8. What happened to Felicity after she received news about Claire's death?
9. How does Joe break the news about his condition to his son?
10. What happens that leads Agnes to finally recognize that her mother is senile?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)