|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie do when Steve jokes with her and tries to pull her in the cottage?
(a) She slaps him hard across the face.
(b) She slides to the cottage floor and sobs.
(c) She yells and cusses at him.
(d) She walks away from both Steve and Joe.
2. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
(a) A shallow box that puts objects on display.
(b) A tall narrow box used to encase pictures safely.
(c) A box that takes the light and refracts it to cause shadows.
(d) A creation that replicates another scene.
3. What does Steve chide his mother about never being able to do?
(a) Live a rural life.
(b) Talk to Joe about his illness.
(c) Refusing to have a drink.
(d) Go inside the cottage.
4. When does Maggie say she'll go in the cottage?
(a) When she is ready to do that.
(b) When Joe is asleep.
(c) When she's had some time to think.
(d) When it gets dark outside.
5. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
(a) Her plane trip.
(b) Her work.
(c) How much she missed him.
(d) Steve's new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
2. What won't Maggie listen to that Joe tries to explain to her?
3. What happens in Brian's recurring dream?
4. How does Beverly feel about the information that Mark shares with her?
5. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maggie feel about going into the cottage?
2. Why did Brian's wife leave him?
3. What happens when Felicity demands Agnes take her back to the cottage and what does the interviewer do that surprises Agnes?
4. How does Joe break the news about his condition to his son?
5. What happens when Brian tries to join Beverly in her dancing?
6. What was Agnes's rationale for taking on the duty of writing the letters to her mother?
7. How did Agnes's plan work in regards to her mother?
8. What happens when the interviewer brings up these doubts and alternate ideas to Agnes?
9. What thoughts turn Maggie's fear into anger?
10. What does the interviewer tell Joe to try and reassure him about his feelings?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)