|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brian's perspective on death?
(a) He believes that God provides all of the answers about death.
(b) He believes people believe in an after-life.
(c) He believes people think life is supposed to last forever.
(d) He believes people need to deny terminally ille people exist.
2. How does Beverly feel about the information that Mark shares with her?
(a) She cannot process the information because she is drunk.
(b) She tells Mark that he is lying.
(c) She doesn't understand what he is saying.
(d) She finds it uncomfortable.
3. What does Brian admit scares him to death?
(a) The act of dying.
(b) What happens in the after life.
(c) Never seeing her again.
(d) Losing Mark.
4. Who does Felicity say Agnes is like?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
5. What causes Joe to be vigorous and in good humor?
(a) The interviewer is calming him.
(b) He has come to grips with his disease and fate.
(c) He has met a couple of friends at the other cottages.
(d) His wife and son are arriving soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
2. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
3. Why did Brian's ex-wife leave him?
4. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
5. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark feel about Beverly's behavior and how does Brian feel about it?
2. What does the interviewer say that makes Agnes rethink her position?
3. What did Agnes finally do to try and give her mother the will to live again?
4. What happens between Mark and Beverly after he spills champagne on his jacket?
5. What happened to Felicity after she received news about Claire's death?
6. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
7. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
8. What was Agnes's rationale for taking on the duty of writing the letters to her mother?
9. What kind of person did Agnes say Claire was?
10. What thoughts turn Maggie's fear into anger?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)