|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Brian started to write again?
(a) He wants to leave a clear legacy behind.
(b) He needs to find something to do to pass the time.
(c) He doesn't want to leave anything unsaid or undone.
(d) Mark has inspired him to help him write again.
2. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her son.
3. What does Brian admit scares him to death?
(a) Losing Mark.
(b) Never seeing her again.
(c) The act of dying.
(d) What happens in the after life.
4. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
(a) A country retreat in the woods.
(b) A three star restaurant.
(c) A high tech hospital.
(d) A vacation home on a beach.
5. Who comes in while Mark is putting away Brian's medications?
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
2. What does Joe believe his illness has made him more of?
3. What does Joe admit to the interviewer about Maggie?
4. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
5. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Maggie and Steve arrive at Joe's cottage?
2. What happens when Brian tries to join Beverly in her dancing?
3. What changed Joe's opinion about Maggie and Steve visiting him?
4. How does Maggie feel about going into the cottage?
5. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
6. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
7. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
8. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
9. Why is Joe's first reaction to the interviewer is quite awkward?
10. What does Joe tell the interviewer about his wife Maggie and her understanding of his condition?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)