Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
(a) They will behappy always.
(b) That no one else thinks like they do.
(c) They have all the time.
(d) They have only to believe.
2. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is elated.
3. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
(a) His feelings about Joe.
(b) His perspective on death.
(c) His need to see his family.
(d) His desire to live forever.
4. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
(a) Because he continues to write.
(b) Because she is happy.
(c) Because he laughs at life and death.
(d) Because he is dying.
5. Who is Claire?
(a) Agnes's daughter.
(b) Felicity's daughter.
(c) Felicity's granddaughter.
(d) Felicity's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic of this play?
2. What does Brian say about day-to-day basis life can be?
3. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of what it means to be socially taboo?
5. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Maggie and Steve arrive at Joe's cottage?
2. What was Mark doing before Brian took him in?
3. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
4. What specifically about his illness has made Joe very angry?
5. How does Brian react to the situation between Beverly and Mark?
6. Why did Brian's wife leave him?
7. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital and where does she sometimes think she is?
8. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
9. What does Agnes do that demonstrates her anger with the interviewer?
10. What does Maggie agree to do after she realizes that their life together has gone by too fast?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)