|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(b) He asks her where Brian is.
(c) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(d) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
2. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
(a) Back in her regular hospital room.
(b) Back in her own home.
(c) Up in heaven with God.
(d) In her daughter's home.
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term affable?
4. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
(a) Her plane trip.
(b) Steve's new job.
(c) Her work.
(d) How much she missed him.
5. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
(a) His grammar.
(b) His ability to tell a story.
(c) His eloquence.
(d) His muse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
2. What causes Joe to be vigorous and in good humor?
3. What ends the tension between Beverly and Mark?
4. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
5. What does Brian say about every person's dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Mark and Beverly after he spills champagne on his jacket?
2. What explanation for Beverly give for all of the pieces of jewelry she wears?
3. How does the interviewer find Joe as s/he talks to him and why does he seem this way?
4. What happened to Claire?
5. What does the interviewer tell Joe to try and reassure him about his feelings?
6. What happens when Beverly finishes her dance performance?
7. What does Joe tell the interviewer about his wife Maggie and her understanding of his condition?
8. Why did Brian's wife leave him?
9. What does Agnes do that demonstrates her anger with the interviewer?
10. What happens when Maggie and Steve arrive at Joe's cottage?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)