|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A hospital room.
(c) A doctor's office.
(d) A hotel room.
2. What did Beverly tell Brian that he had lost?
(a) The desire to write emotionally.
(b) The magic and zest for real living.
(c) The need for her.
(d) The ability to cope with the realities of life.
3. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
(a) His feelings about Joe.
(b) His desire to live forever.
(c) His need to see his family.
(d) His perspective on death.
4. What does Brian say about every person's dreams?
(a) They are informal.
(b) They are pointless.
(c) They are beautiful.
(d) They are ridiculous.
5. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is elated.
(d) He is relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
2. What does Felicity tell the interviewer to undermine Claire?
3. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
4. What is the main topic of this play?
5. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe tell the interviewer about his wife Maggie and her understanding of his condition?
2. What is currently causing Mark substantial pain?
3. What changed Joe's opinion about Maggie and Steve visiting him?
4. What admission does Maggie make to Joe about their son Steve?
5. What does the interviewer say that makes Agnes rethink her position?
6. Why did Joe discourage his wife and son from spending the money and time to come visit him in the hospital?
7. What happened to Claire?
8. What was Agnes's rationale for taking on the duty of writing the letters to her mother?
9. What happens when Maggie and Steve arrive at Joe's cottage?
10. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)