|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian admit scares him to death?
(a) Never seeing her again.
(b) The act of dying.
(c) Losing Mark.
(d) What happens in the after life.
2. What is Beverly obsessed with?
(a) Brian and Mark's physical relationship.
(b) Why Brian wanted to see her again.
(c) Brian's health issues.
(d) How beautiful the cottage is.
3. What ends the tension between Beverly and Mark?
(a) Beverly keeps drinking.
(b) Mark leaves.
(c) Mark yells at Beverly.
(d) Brian walks in the room.
4. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
(a) She is tired and would rather be in bed.
(b) She does not like discussing her disease or feelings.
(c) She is angry about her body being ravaged by the disease.
(d) She doesn't like being observed in her private place.
5. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beverly tell Brian that he had lost?
2. What happens in Brian's recurring dream?
3. What is the main topic of this play?
4. About how old is Felicity?
5. What is located in the interview area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beverly tell Brian he had lost the magic and zest for and how did Brian rationalize this?
2. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
3. What does Agnes do that demonstrates her anger with the interviewer?
4. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
5. What was Agnes's rationale for taking on the duty of writing the letters to her mother?
6. How did Felicity handle the news about her daughter's death?
7. What admission does Maggie make to Joe about their son Steve?
8. How does Beverly react to Mark's information about Brian's condition?
9. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
10. What warning does Beverly give to Mark before she leaves?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)