|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
3. What did Beverly tell Brian that he had lost?
(a) The ability to cope with the realities of life.
(b) The magic and zest for real living.
(c) The desire to write emotionally.
(d) The need for her.
4. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
5. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
(a) She does not like discussing her disease or feelings.
(b) She is tired and would rather be in bed.
(c) She is angry about her body being ravaged by the disease.
(d) She doesn't like being observed in her private place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian describe fate?
2. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
3. What profession does Brian have?
4. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
5. What did Joe ask Maggie to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
2. How does Brian react to the situation between Beverly and Mark?
3. What does the interviewer tell Joe to try and reassure him about his feelings?
4. Why did Joe discourage his wife and son from spending the money and time to come visit him in the hospital?
5. What changed Joe's opinion about Maggie and Steve visiting him?
6. How does Felicity react to the interviewer?
7. How does the interviewer find Joe as s/he talks to him and why does he seem this way?
8. How does Joe break the news about his condition to his son?
9. How does Mark feel about Beverly's behavior and how does Brian feel about it?
10. What is currently causing Mark substantial pain?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)