|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
2. What does Joe want to do in regards to his feelings?
(a) Redesign them.
(b) Vent them.
(c) Deny them.
(d) Ignore them.
3. Who is Claire?
(a) Felicity's daughter.
(b) Felicity's sister.
(c) Agnes's daughter.
(d) Felicity's granddaughter.
4. Why is Joe's interview halted?
(a) His family has arrived.
(b) Joe has become ill.
(c) Another patient needs the interviewer.
(d) Joe has asked for a break.
5. Who comes in while Mark is putting away Brian's medications?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve chide his mother about never being able to do?
2. What does Joe believe his illness has made him more of?
3. How does Brian describe fate?
4. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
5. What does Brian say about every person's dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Brian tries to join Beverly in her dancing?
2. What is wrong with Joe and why is he staying in the cottages?
3. How does the interviewer find Joe as s/he talks to him and why does he seem this way?
4. How does Joe break the news about his condition to his son?
5. What happens that leads Agnes to finally recognize that her mother is senile?
6. What was Mark doing before Brian took him in?
7. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
8. Why do you think Agnes suffers from psychosomatic headaches?
9. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
10. How does Beverly react to Mark's information about Brian's condition?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)