|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
(a) A shallow box that puts objects on display.
(b) A tall narrow box used to encase pictures safely.
(c) A box that takes the light and refracts it to cause shadows.
(d) A creation that replicates another scene.
2. What does the interviewer do to make Joe relax?
(a) Tells him to relax and listen to him.
(b) Tells him that all those who have lived in the cottage have been interviewed this way.
(c) Tells him that he will soon see the interviewer.
(d) Tells him there is nothing to be frightened of.
3. What causes Joe to be vigorous and in good humor?
(a) He has come to grips with his disease and fate.
(b) His wife and son are arriving soon.
(c) The interviewer is calming him.
(d) He has met a couple of friends at the other cottages.
4. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
(a) A hospital room.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A doctor's office.
(d) A cottage.
5. How old is Steve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve do to express how much he missed Joe?
2. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
3. How long has it been since Joe saw his wife and son?
4. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
5. About how old is Felicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Felicity undermine her daughter Agnes?
2. What is Brian's profession and how does he feel his work has been affected by his condition?
3. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
4. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital and where does she sometimes think she is?
5. What does the interviewer tell Joe to try and reassure him about his feelings?
6. What kind of person did Agnes say Claire was?
7. Describe how the stage would look as the play opens.
8. Why does Mark want Beverly to leave the cottage?
9. What does the interviewer do to help Joe relax?
10. What happens when Felicity demands Agnes take her back to the cottage and what does the interviewer do that surprises Agnes?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)