|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interviewer tell Joe about his feelings?
(a) Any emotion is acceptable.
(b) He must move past the anger.
(c) Everyone understands what he is going through.
(d) He will want to avoid sharing them with his family.
2. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(b) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(c) He asks her where Brian is.
(d) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
3. What does Steve do to express how much he missed Joe?
(a) He gives him a letter he wrote.
(b) He hugs him several times.
(c) He has written Joe a poem.
(d) He tells him.
4. What does Joe want to do in regards to his feelings?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Redesign them.
(c) Vent them.
(d) Deny them.
5. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Maggie say she'll go in the cottage?
2. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
3. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
4. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
5. Where is Joe hospitalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mark want Beverly to leave the cottage?
2. Why did Joe discourage his wife and son from spending the money and time to come visit him in the hospital?
3. How does Joe feel about his life as he sits reminiscing with his wife?
4. What warning does Beverly give to Mark before she leaves?
5. How does Beverly react to Mark's information about Brian's condition?
6. Why weren't Joe's wife and son regular visitors while he was in the hospital?
7. What was Mark doing before Brian took him in?
8. How does Mark feel about Beverly's behavior and how does Brian feel about it?
9. Why did Brian's wife leave him?
10. What is happening at Joe's cottage in the beginning of act 2?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)