|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
(a) The happenings at Steve's school and Maggie's work.
(b) The family buying a farm and living a rural life.
(c) The family dog who had died last year.
(d) The memories from the last family vacation.
2. What hope does Joe have in regards to Maggie's visit?
(a) That she will be ready to comfort Steve when the time comes.
(b) That she will be able to find peace.
(c) That she will finally understand he is dying.
(d) That she will love being at the cottage.
3. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
4. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
(a) The sound of recorded voices.
(b) The loud crying of a woman.
(c) A light suddenly comes on.
(d) A man calls him over.
5. What does Joe want to do in regards to his feelings?
(a) Deny them.
(b) Redesign them.
(c) Vent them.
(d) Ignore them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
2. What does Brian say about every person's dreams?
3. How is the interview process explained to Joe?
4. Who is Mark?
5. How old is Steve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Felicity demands Agnes take her back to the cottage and what does the interviewer do that surprises Agnes?
2. What is Brian's perspective on Death?
3. What does Maggie agree to do after she realizes that their life together has gone by too fast?
4. How does Maggie feel about going into the cottage?
5. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
6. How does the interviewer find Joe as s/he talks to him and why does he seem this way?
7. How did Felicity handle the news about her daughter's death?
8. What do Beverly and Mark agree about in regards to Brian?
9. What is Brian's profession and how does he feel his work has been affected by his condition?
10. What admission does Maggie make to Joe about their son Steve?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)