|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
(a) A man calls him over.
(b) The sound of recorded voices.
(c) A light suddenly comes on.
(d) The loud crying of a woman.
2. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his second reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
3. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
(a) His perspective on death.
(b) His feelings about Joe.
(c) His desire to live forever.
(d) His need to see his family.
4. Which of the following is the best definition of what it means to be socially taboo?
(a) Not often discussed or talked about.
(b) There are laws against talking about the topic.
(c) The topic is easily discussed in society.
(d) Only outcasts would consider the topic.
5. What causes Joe to be vigorous and in good humor?
(a) He has come to grips with his disease and fate.
(b) He has met a couple of friends at the other cottages.
(c) The interviewer is calming him.
(d) His wife and son are arriving soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Brian's ex-wife leave him?
2. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
3. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital?
4. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
5. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Felicity react to the interviewer?
2. What specifically about his illness has made Joe very angry?
3. What happens when Beverly finishes her dance performance?
4. What happens between Mark and Beverly after he spills champagne on his jacket?
5. What happens when Brian tries to join Beverly in her dancing?
6. How does Joe feel about his life as he sits reminiscing with his wife?
7. What warning does Beverly give to Mark before she leaves?
8. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
9. What did Beverly tell Brian he had lost the magic and zest for and how did Brian rationalize this?
10. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)