|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
(a) The interviewer is not talking to Joe.
(b) The interviewer is a female in a suit.
(c) The interviewer is an unseen person.
(d) The interviewer seems oblivious to Joe's presence.
2. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
(a) She refuses to talk to Joe.
(b) She refuses to talk about Joe's illness.
(c) She refuses to let Steve touch his father.
(d) She refuses to go in the cottage.
3. Who comes in while Mark is putting away Brian's medications?
4. What did Joe ask Maggie to do?
(a) Explain the situation to Steve.
(b) Make sure she comes happily.
(c) Talk to his doctors so she better understands things.
(d) Bring his favorite foods.
5. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
(a) They will behappy always.
(b) They have only to believe.
(c) That no one else thinks like they do.
(d) They have all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beverly obsessed with?
2. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
3. Who does Felicity say Agnes is like?
4. How long has it been since Joe saw his wife and son?
5. What is the main topic of this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What admission does Maggie make to Joe about their son Steve?
2. What happens between Mark and Beverly after he spills champagne on his jacket?
3. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
4. What is wrong with Joe and why is he staying in the cottages?
5. What happens when the interviewer brings up these doubts and alternate ideas to Agnes?
6. How does Beverly react to Mark's information about Brian's condition?
7. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
8. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
9. What does Beverly think that Mark's life is based on?
10. What is the main plot line of the play, The Shadow Box?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)