|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark?
(a) Maggie's boyfriend.
(b) Brian's companion.
(c) Steve's friend.
(d) Beverly's husband.
2. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
(a) His cool demeanor as he talks about Brian's condition.
(b) His refusal to have a cocktail with her.
(c) His housekeeping skills.
(d) His treatment of her as she visits Brian.
3. What is Brian's perspective on death?
(a) He believes people believe in an after-life.
(b) He believes that God provides all of the answers about death.
(c) He believes people need to deny terminally ille people exist.
(d) He believes people think life is supposed to last forever.
4. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her daughter.
5. Who does Felicity say Agnes is like?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve chide his mother about never being able to do?
2. What is unique about where Joe is staying?
3. What is located in the interview area?
4. Why did Brian's ex-wife leave him?
5. What did Beverly tell Brian that he had lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Maggie and Steve arrive at Joe's cottage?
2. What happens between Mark and Beverly after he spills champagne on his jacket?
3. Why did Brian's wife leave him?
4. What term does the interviewer used to explain the situation to Agnes?
5. What does Brian think would help people and allow them to better off if they would admit?
6. What happens when Beverly finishes her dance performance?
7. Why weren't Joe's wife and son regular visitors while he was in the hospital?
8. What happened to Claire?
9. What is the main plot line of the play, The Shadow Box?
10. Why do you think Agnes suffers from psychosomatic headaches?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)