|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
(a) The family buying a farm and living a rural life.
(b) The memories from the last family vacation.
(c) The family dog who had died last year.
(d) The happenings at Steve's school and Maggie's work.
2. What caused Maggie and Steve to come to see Joe?
(a) They insisted that they had to come one last time.
(b) The hospital insisted that they come immediately.
(c) He begged them to come and visit.
(d) He no longer has the option to go home.
3. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
(a) A box that takes the light and refracts it to cause shadows.
(b) A creation that replicates another scene.
(c) A shallow box that puts objects on display.
(d) A tall narrow box used to encase pictures safely.
4. What does Joe admit to the interviewer about Maggie?
(a) He hasn't told her the extent of his illness.
(b) It sometimes takes her a little while to fully understand things.
(c) She is living in denial and will not admit he is ill.
(d) She doesn't enjoy seeing him the way he is now.
5. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital?
(a) She is incensed.
(b) She is relived.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the way Agnes treats Felicity?
2. What does Steve chide his mother about never being able to do?
3. What does Felicity do to try and block out the interviewer's voice?
4. What is Beverly obsessed with?
5. How does Felicity says that she and Claire communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why weren't Joe's wife and son regular visitors while he was in the hospital?
2. What happens when Brian tries to join Beverly in her dancing?
3. What was Joe's reaction to learning that his condition had become terminal?
4. What does Maggie agree to do after she realizes that their life together has gone by too fast?
5. Describe how the stage would look as the play opens.
6. What does the interviewer do to help Joe relax?
7. What warning does Beverly give to Mark before she leaves?
8. Why do you think Agnes suffers from psychosomatic headaches?
9. What kind of person did Agnes say Claire was?
10. What is happening in Brian's cottage as act 2 opens?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)