|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beverly try to do to handle the hostility between her and Mark?
(a) She yells at Mark.
(b) She walks away.
(c) She tries to use humor.
(d) She calls to the interviewer.
2. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
(a) A shallow box that puts objects on display.
(b) A box that takes the light and refracts it to cause shadows.
(c) A creation that replicates another scene.
(d) A tall narrow box used to encase pictures safely.
3. What does Felicity tell the interviewer to undermine Claire?
(a) Talks about how beautiful Claire is.
(b) Tells Agnes that she wishes Claire were there.
(c) Talks about how much Claire helps her.
(d) Tells the interviewer that Agnes doesn't love her.
4. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
(a) A man calls him over.
(b) The loud crying of a woman.
(c) The sound of recorded voices.
(d) A light suddenly comes on.
5. When does Maggie say she'll go in the cottage?
(a) When she's had some time to think.
(b) When she is ready to do that.
(c) When Joe is asleep.
(d) When it gets dark outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
2. What does Joe want to do in regards to his feelings?
3. Felicity often has troubles with which of the following?
4. In what year did this play win both a Pulitzer Prize and a Tony Award?
5. What has caused regular visits between Joe and his family to be prohibitive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Beverly finishes her dance performance?
2. What does the interviewer tell Joe to try and reassure him about his feelings?
3. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
4. What happened to Claire?
5. What is Brian's profession and how does he feel his work has been affected by his condition?
6. What specifically about his illness has made Joe very angry?
7. What did Agnes finally do to try and give her mother the will to live again?
8. What warning does Beverly give to Mark before she leaves?
9. What happens that leads Agnes to finally recognize that her mother is senile?
10. How does Brian end his time with the interviewer?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)