|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her son.
2. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
(a) The family dog who had died last year.
(b) The memories from the last family vacation.
(c) The family buying a farm and living a rural life.
(d) The happenings at Steve's school and Maggie's work.
3. What does Brian say about day-to-day basis life can be?
4. What ends the tension between Beverly and Mark?
(a) Mark leaves.
(b) Mark yells at Beverly.
(c) Beverly keeps drinking.
(d) Brian walks in the room.
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term affable?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Felicity say Agnes is like?
2. How is the interview process explained to Joe?
3. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
4. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
5. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why weren't Joe's wife and son regular visitors while he was in the hospital?
2. What does Maggie agree to do after she realizes that their life together has gone by too fast?
3. What thoughts turn Maggie's fear into anger?
4. How does Joe feel about his life as he sits reminiscing with his wife?
5. What is the main plot line of the play, The Shadow Box?
6. What does the interviewer tell Joe to try and reassure him about his feelings?
7. How did Felicity handle the news about her daughter's death?
8. What happened to Felicity after she received news about Claire's death?
9. What did Agnes finally do to try and give her mother the will to live again?
10. How does Brian end his time with the interviewer?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)