|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the characters seem to say about life?
(a) It is never long enough.
(b) It goes by too fast.
(c) It is unfair.
(d) It can never be explained well.
2. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
(a) Reviewing their lives.
(b) Explaining their illness.
(c) Finding their spirituality.
(d) Getting their affairs in order.
3. Which of the following characters is most logical about death?
4. Which of the following describes how Mark feels about Beverly's behavior?
(a) He doesn't know what to make of it.
(b) He finds it intriguing.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He is disgusted by it.
5. What does the interviewer tell Agnes Felicity is enduring?
(a) A false sense of security and understanding.
(b) Physical and mental anguish.
(c) Medical science's worst.
(d) Senility which keeps her in the dark.
6. What did Felicity refuse to do according to Agnes?
(a) Acknowledge Claire's death.
(b) Move out of her home.
(c) Talk about Claire with anyone.
(d) Have a funeral for her daughter.
7. How does Agnes feel about the interviewer's inters in her feelings?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is hesitant.
(d) She is angry.
8. How does Agnes now describe Claire?
(a) As the one that got away.
(b) As Felicity's favorite daughter.
(c) As the trouble maker in the family.
(d) As the golden child.
9. In what way does Agnes relent briefly to the interviewer's idea?
(a) She allows Felicity to go back to the hospital.
(b) She allows someone to come in and check on Felicity.
(c) She agrees to stop writing letters.
(d) She agrees to talk to the interviewer again.
10. What does the interviewer tell Agnes may need to happen to Felicity?
(a) She has caused Agnes enough pain.
(b) She needs more help than Agnes can give.
(c) She may need to go back to the hospital.
(d) She needs to let go of Claire.
11. What does Beverly do for Brian?
12. What does Felicity's mental state keep her in?
(a) A realization of her disease.
(b) A calm and peacful existance.
(c) A fantasyland where she is not ill.
(d) A perpetual state of memory.
13. What does the interviewer change the subject to?
14. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
15. What occurs to Maggie to make her change her mind about Joe's death?
(a) She listens to what Joe has to say to her.
(b) She speaks with the interviewer at length.
(c) She realizes that it is not about her own feelings.
(d) She talks to the doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beverly seem to handle stress?
2. What does Brian tell the interviewer about people?
3. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
4. What do the characters say about everything that matters?
5. How does Mark feel about the thought of Brian leaving?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)