|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnes respond to the interviewer after he proposes his ideas?
(a) She takes her mother back to the hospital.
(b) She tells the interviewer she has a headache.
(c) She refuses to talk anymore.
(d) She becomes angry.
2. Why does Mark say that Beverly has such an elevated position on the topic of the dying process?
(a) She left Brian.
(b) Because she doesn't really understand it.
(c) Because she's not there every day watching it.
(d) She hasn't talked with the doctors yet.
3. Which of the following is not something that Agnes suffers from?
(a) Ongoing tiredness.
(b) Psychosomatic headaches.
(c) Bouts of hysteria.
4. What does the interviewer suggest is keeping Agnes alive?
(a) The hospital.
(b) False hope.
(d) Her senility.
5. What does the reality of terminal illness force people to do?
(a) Face death as a fact of life.
(b) Support each other more.
(c) Fight harder to avoid death.
(d) Reevaluate life priorities.
6. What does Brian tell the interviewer about people?
(a) They don't want to let go.
(b) They don't appreciate honesty.
(c) They don't know how to say goodbye.
(d) They don't understand death.
7. In what way does Agnes relent briefly to the interviewer's idea?
(a) She agrees to stop writing letters.
(b) She allows someone to come in and check on Felicity.
(c) She allows Felicity to go back to the hospital.
(d) She agrees to talk to the interviewer again.
8. Which of the following characters is most logical about death?
9. How does Agnes respond to the interviewers suggest about what may need to happen to Felicity?
(a) Agnes tells the interviewer that he is wrong.
(b) Agnes refuses the interviewers idea.
(c) Agnes begins to softly cry.
(d) Agnes says that that is not what Felicity wants.
10. What does Brian attempt to do with Beverly?
(a) Dance with her.
(b) Argue with her.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Make love to her.
11. What did Felicity manage after her husband died?
(a) Dairy farm.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Hardware store.
(d) Fruit market.
12. How does Maggie feel that prevents her from going into the cottage?
13. What does Brian resolve to do?
(a) Make the world a better place.
(b) Everything he never did .
(c) All his body will allow.
(d) Leave a legacy.
14. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
(a) Additional characters.
(b) Encouragement from outsiders.
(c) Flashbacks and memories.
(d) Outside interviewer.
15. Why does Maggie want to have all of the good and bad moments of her life with Joe back?
(a) Because she doesn't want to let go.
(b) Because she needs to find control.
(c) Because she wants to redo them.
(d) Because their relationship isn't finished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie agree to enter the cottage for the first time?
2. Where had Claire gone?
3. Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death?
4. Where does Brian go after falls?
5. What occurs to Maggie to make her change her mind about Joe's death?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)