|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Agnes relent briefly to the interviewer's idea?
(a) She agrees to talk to the interviewer again.
(b) She allows Felicity to go back to the hospital.
(c) She allows someone to come in and check on Felicity.
(d) She agrees to stop writing letters.
2. What is the last stage in the grief cycle?
3. What does Brian resolve to do?
(a) All his body will allow.
(b) Leave a legacy.
(c) Everything he never did .
(d) Make the world a better place.
4. What seems to be the most important theme of the play?
(a) Really live while you're alive.
(b) Life always ends in death.
(c) There are many stages of grief.
(d) There is always hope even in death.
5. Who does the interviewer believe is keeping Felicity alive?
6. What does Beverly say that Mark's life is based on?
(c) False hope.
7. How does Mark feel about the thought of Brian leaving?
(a) He realizes it will be a relief.
(b) He cannot truly understand it.
(c) He doesn't believe it will happen.
(d) He cannot bear it.
8. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
9. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
10. What does the reality of terminal illness force people to do?
(a) Reevaluate life priorities.
(b) Fight harder to avoid death.
(c) Support each other more.
(d) Face death as a fact of life.
11. What does Beverly try to interject into Brian's grieving process?
(a) Surprise and patience.
(b) Humor and drama.
(c) Denial and release.
(d) Love and affection.
12. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
(a) They never got along.
(b) They argued a lot.
(c) They wer always treated differently.
(d) They were close.
13. It could be said that Joe and Felicity are further along in the acceptance of their disease than which of the following characters?
(a) Beverly and Mark.
(d) Their families.
14. Which of the following is not something that Agnes suffers from?
(a) Bouts of hysteria.
(c) Psychosomatic headaches.
(d) Ongoing tiredness.
15. What does Joe think about that has made him angry?
(a) He won't get to have his grandchildren surrounding him.
(b) He believes his life doesn't matter to Maggie.
(c) He doesn't know how to make Maggie understand.
(d) He can't understand why this happened to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beverly warn Mark not to do to Brian?
2. How does Beverly react to Mark's description about the dying process?
3. Which of the following characters is most logical about death?
4. What happened after Felicity heard the news?
5. How long was Claire gone before Felicity and Agnes knew what happened to her?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)