|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remains faithful to Brian until the end?
2. What does Brian do with the jacket?
(a) Throws it on a chair.
(b) Throws it at Beverly and Mark.
(c) Throws it in the wash.
(d) Throws it in the trash.
3. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
(a) They were close.
(b) They argued a lot.
(c) They wer always treated differently.
(d) They never got along.
4. What did Agnes decide to do to try and help Felicity?
(a) Write letters to Felicity and pretend they were from Claire.
(b) Admitted her to the hospital right away.
(c) Tell her mom about Claire's problems every day.
(d) Get her some therapy to work through the problem.
5. How long was Claire gone before Felicity and Agnes knew what happened to her?
(a) Five years.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
6. How does Maggie feel that prevents her from going into the cottage?
7. In what way does Agnes relent briefly to the interviewer's idea?
(a) She allows someone to come in and check on Felicity.
(b) She agrees to stop writing letters.
(c) She agrees to talk to the interviewer again.
(d) She allows Felicity to go back to the hospital.
8. Where had Claire gone?
9. What do all of the characters seem to say about life?
(a) It goes by too fast.
(b) It is unfair.
(c) It is never long enough.
(d) It can never be explained well.
10. What does Brian tell the interviewer about people?
(a) They don't understand death.
(b) They don't want to let go.
(c) They don't know how to say goodbye.
(d) They don't appreciate honesty.
11. Why does Mark say that Beverly has such an elevated position on the topic of the dying process?
(a) She hasn't talked with the doctors yet.
(b) She left Brian.
(c) Because she's not there every day watching it.
(d) Because she doesn't really understand it.
12. How does her feeling change?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She is overwhelmed.
(c) She gets lost in sadness.
(d) She becomes more confused.
13. Why does Maggie want to have all of the good and bad moments of her life with Joe back?
(a) Because she doesn't want to let go.
(b) Because she needs to find control.
(c) Because their relationship isn't finished.
(d) Because she wants to redo them.
14. What does the interviewer tell Agnes Felicity is enduring?
(a) Physical and mental anguish.
(b) Senility which keeps her in the dark.
(c) A false sense of security and understanding.
(d) Medical science's worst.
15. How did Felicity and Agnes learn about what happened to Claire?
(a) They hired someone to find her.
(b) They read about it in the paper.
(c) They got a call from the police.
(d) They received a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felicity's mental state keep her in?
2. What did Felicity manage after her husband died?
3. What does Beverly spill on Mark's jacket?
4. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
5. How does Agnes now describe Claire?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)