|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maggie feel that prevents her from going into the cottage?
2. What does the interviewer suggest is keeping Agnes alive?
(a) False hope.
(c) Her senility.
(d) The hospital.
3. What does Felicity's mental state keep her in?
(a) A calm and peacful existance.
(b) A fantasyland where she is not ill.
(c) A perpetual state of memory.
(d) A realization of her disease.
4. Why does Mark say that Beverly has such an elevated position on the topic of the dying process?
(a) She left Brian.
(b) Because she's not there every day watching it.
(c) She hasn't talked with the doctors yet.
(d) Because she doesn't really understand it.
5. How does Beverly seem to handle stress?
6. How does Joe describe his life?
(a) With a need to explain.
(b) With painful memories.
(c) With a great sense of peace.
(d) With a sense of futility.
7. What does Joe say about death?
(a) No one wants it.
(b) Nothing can prepare you for it.
(c) No one understands it.
(d) Nothing will stop it.
8. What does Agnes believe has kept Felicity alive for the past two years?
(a) Agnes's devotion to ther mother.
(b) The work of the hospitals.
(c) Her ongoing case of senility.
(d) Anticipation of the letters.
9. What does Brian tell the interviewer about people?
(a) They don't want to let go.
(b) They don't know how to say goodbye.
(c) They don't understand death.
(d) They don't appreciate honesty.
10. What did both Beverly and Mark struggle with in regard to Brian?
(a) Struggled to understand him.
(b) Struggled to accept him.
(c) Struggled to keep up with him.
(d) Struggled to motivate him.
11. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
12. Which of the following characters remains in denial the longest?
13. Where had Claire gone?
14. What does Brian try to incorporate into the process of grieving?
(a) Opening himself to all experiences.
(b) Realization that death comes to all.
(c) Acceptance of others pain.
(d) Spritual aspects of dying.
15. What does Brian attempt to do with Beverly?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Dance with her.
(d) Argue with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Brian makes his attempt with Beverly?
2. What did Agnes decide to do to try and help Felicity?
3. What does Beverly warn Mark not to do to Brian?
4. Why does the interviewer believe Felicity will not allow herself to die?
5. How does Agnes feel about the ideas the interviewer has presented?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)