|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark's pain stem from?
(a) Jealousy over Brian's feelings for Beverly.
(b) Realizing his salvation is dying.
(c) Watching the dying process daily.
(d) Understanding what is happening to Brian.
2. What does Beverly warn Mark not to do to Brian?
(a) Treat him with disrespect.
(b) Provide him with the appropriate care.
(c) Stop listening to him.
(d) Give him too much hope.
3. How does Joe describe his life?
(a) With a need to explain.
(b) With a great sense of peace.
(c) With a sense of futility.
(d) With painful memories.
4. What does Beverly do for Brian?
5. How does Agnes respond to the interviewers suggest about what may need to happen to Felicity?
(a) Agnes refuses the interviewers idea.
(b) Agnes says that that is not what Felicity wants.
(c) Agnes begins to softly cry.
(d) Agnes tells the interviewer that he is wrong.
6. What does Maggie do that symbolizes her acceptance of Joe's impending death?
(a) Talks to her son about Joe's condition.
(b) Tells her husband she loves him.
(c) Goes into the cottage.
(d) Takes Joe's hand.
7. What did Felicity manage after her husband died?
(a) Fruit market.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Dairy farm.
(d) Hardware store.
8. What does Brian resolve to do?
(a) All his body will allow.
(b) Leave a legacy.
(c) Make the world a better place.
(d) Everything he never did .
9. What is the first stage in the process of grieving?
10. What does Brian attempt to do with Beverly?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Argue with her.
(c) Dance with her.
(d) Go for a walk.
11. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
(a) Outside interviewer.
(b) Encouragement from outsiders.
(c) Flashbacks and memories.
(d) Additional characters.
12. What did Agnes decide to do to try and help Felicity?
(a) Tell her mom about Claire's problems every day.
(b) Get her some therapy to work through the problem.
(c) Admitted her to the hospital right away.
(d) Write letters to Felicity and pretend they were from Claire.
13. Where does Brian go after falls?
(a) Into the kitchen.
(b) To his bedroom.
(c) Out on the porch.
(d) To the hospital.
14. What does Agnes believe she has provided for Felicity?
15. Who does the interviewer believe is keeping Felicity alive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felicity's mental state keep her in?
2. Why does the interviewer believe Felicity will not allow herself to die?
3. How does Mark feel about the thought of Brian leaving?
4. What happened after Felicity heard the news?
5. What adds anger to the mix of emotions?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)