|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark do when Beverly follows Brian?
(a) He walks out of the cottage to clear his head.
(b) He cleans up the mess that Beverly made.
(c) He goes into the kitchen to clean his jacket.
(d) He drinks champagne straight from the bottle.
2. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
(a) They were close.
(b) They wer always treated differently.
(c) They never got along.
(d) They argued a lot.
3. What do the characters say about everything that matters?
(a) Everything that matters build memories.
(b) Everything that matters is kept in families.
(c) Everthing that matters goes by faster.
(d) Everything that matters has an end.
4. How does Beverly seem to handle stress?
5. What does Joe say about death?
(a) No one understands it.
(b) Nothing can prepare you for it.
(c) Nothing will stop it.
(d) No one wants it.
6. What did Agnes decide to do to try and help Felicity?
(a) Get her some therapy to work through the problem.
(b) Admitted her to the hospital right away.
(c) Write letters to Felicity and pretend they were from Claire.
(d) Tell her mom about Claire's problems every day.
7. What did both Beverly and Mark struggle with in regard to Brian?
(a) Struggled to keep up with him.
(b) Struggled to understand him.
(c) Struggled to motivate him.
(d) Struggled to accept him.
8. What does Brian try to incorporate into the process of grieving?
(a) Spritual aspects of dying.
(b) Realization that death comes to all.
(c) Acceptance of others pain.
(d) Opening himself to all experiences.
9. Which of the following characters remains in denial the longest?
10. What happens when Brian makes his attempt with Beverly?
(a) Mark gets jealous.
(b) They have a good time.
(c) He collapses.
(d) He dies.
11. What is the last stage in the grief cycle?
12. What does the interviewer suggest is keeping Agnes alive?
(b) The hospital.
(c) Her senility.
(d) False hope.
13. What does Agnes believe she has provided for Felicity?
14. What does Brian tell the interviewer about people?
(a) They don't appreciate honesty.
(b) They don't want to let go.
(c) They don't know how to say goodbye.
(d) They don't understand death.
15. Why does Mark say that Beverly has such an elevated position on the topic of the dying process?
(a) She hasn't talked with the doctors yet.
(b) Because she doesn't really understand it.
(c) Because she's not there every day watching it.
(d) She left Brian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
2. What does Felicity's mental state keep her in?
3. What happens when Beverly spills something on Mark's jacket?
4. What does Beverly spill on Mark's jacket?
5. What seems to be the most important theme of the play?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)