|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes doing when Felicity interrupts her and asks for tea?
(a) Talking with Felicity's doctors.
(b) Reading a fake letter from Claire.
(c) Talking with the interviewer.
(d) Writing down her thoughts and feelings.
2. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
(a) Finding their spirituality.
(b) Getting their affairs in order.
(c) Explaining their illness.
(d) Reviewing their lives.
3. What does Beverly spill on Mark's jacket?
4. What does the interviewer change the subject to?
5. What is the first stage in the process of grieving?
6. What is the last stage in the grief cycle?
7. What seems to be the most important theme of the play?
(a) Really live while you're alive.
(b) Life always ends in death.
(c) There are many stages of grief.
(d) There is always hope even in death.
8. What does Maggie feel about her life with Joe?
(a) It went by too fast.
(b) It was a total failure.
(c) It is not over.
(d) It was only made up of good moments.
9. How does Joe describe his life?
(a) With painful memories.
(b) With a great sense of peace.
(c) With a need to explain.
(d) With a sense of futility.
10. What does Brian say that no one expects?
(a) Death to happen to them.
(b) To have to explain death to their family.
(c) To die from disease.
(d) To know someone who will die.
11. Which of the following characters remains in denial the longest?
12. What does Maggie do that symbolizes her acceptance of Joe's impending death?
(a) Talks to her son about Joe's condition.
(b) Tells her husband she loves him.
(c) Takes Joe's hand.
(d) Goes into the cottage.
13. What does the reality of terminal illness force people to do?
(a) Support each other more.
(b) Face death as a fact of life.
(c) Reevaluate life priorities.
(d) Fight harder to avoid death.
14. What does Mark's pain stem from?
(a) Watching the dying process daily.
(b) Understanding what is happening to Brian.
(c) Jealousy over Brian's feelings for Beverly.
(d) Realizing his salvation is dying.
15. What does Joe take Maggie on the porch of the cottage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interviewer suggest is keeping Agnes alive?
2. How does Agnes respond to the interviewers suggest about what may need to happen to Felicity?
3. What does Felicity's mental state keep her in?
4. Why doesn't Agnes believe that what she is doing is wrong?
5. What happens when Beverly spills something on Mark's jacket?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)