|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Claire gone?
2. What happens when Brian makes his attempt with Beverly?
(a) He collapses.
(b) They have a good time.
(c) Mark gets jealous.
(d) He dies.
3. How does Maggie feel that prevents her from going into the cottage?
4. What is Agnes doing when Felicity interrupts her and asks for tea?
(a) Talking with Felicity's doctors.
(b) Talking with the interviewer.
(c) Reading a fake letter from Claire.
(d) Writing down her thoughts and feelings.
5. Which of the following is not something that Agnes suffers from?
(a) Psychosomatic headaches.
(b) Bouts of hysteria.
(d) Ongoing tiredness.
6. Which of the following was not one of the descriptions that Agnes used to describe Claire after her mother took over her husband's job?
(a) In deep mourning for their father.
(d) Always arguing with their mother.
7. Why does Mark say that Beverly has such an elevated position on the topic of the dying process?
(a) Because she's not there every day watching it.
(b) Because she doesn't really understand it.
(c) She hasn't talked with the doctors yet.
(d) She left Brian.
8. How does Agnes respond to the interviewers suggest about what may need to happen to Felicity?
(a) Agnes begins to softly cry.
(b) Agnes refuses the interviewers idea.
(c) Agnes tells the interviewer that he is wrong.
(d) Agnes says that that is not what Felicity wants.
9. What happened after Felicity heard the news?
(a) She gave up her will to live.
(b) She started having hallucinations.
(c) She became angry at everyone else.
(d) She started treating Agnes in a mean way.
10. How long was Claire gone before Felicity and Agnes knew what happened to her?
(a) Five years.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
11. How does Agnes feel about the interviewer's inters in her feelings?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is hesitant.
(d) She is angry.
12. What does Agnes believe has kept Felicity alive for the past two years?
(a) Anticipation of the letters.
(b) Agnes's devotion to ther mother.
(c) The work of the hospitals.
(d) Her ongoing case of senility.
13. What does Felicity ask Agnes to do while she drinks her tea?
(a) Bring Claire into the living room.
(b) Stop fighting with Claire.
(c) Read one of Claire's letters.
(d) Go and find her father for her.
14. What does the letter reading incident lead Agnes to realize?
(a) She needs to put Felicity back in the hospital.
(b) She can no longer care for her mother.
(c) Her mother has declined into senility.
(d) Her mother is going to die.
15. How does her feeling change?
(a) She is overwhelmed.
(b) She becomes more confused.
(c) She gets lost in sadness.
(d) She becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian say that no one expects?
2. How does Beverly react to Mark's description about the dying process?
3. Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death?
4. What does Beverly try to interject into Brian's grieving process?
5. What do all of the pieces of Beverly's jewelry represent?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)