|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs to Maggie to make her change her mind about Joe's death?
(a) She speaks with the interviewer at length.
(b) She listens to what Joe has to say to her.
(c) She talks to the doctors.
(d) She realizes that it is not about her own feelings.
2. What did Felicity manage after her husband died?
(a) Dairy farm.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Fruit market.
(d) Hardware store.
3. What did both Beverly and Mark struggle with in regard to Brian?
(a) Struggled to understand him.
(b) Struggled to keep up with him.
(c) Struggled to accept him.
(d) Struggled to motivate him.
4. What seems to be the most important theme of the play?
(a) Life always ends in death.
(b) There is always hope even in death.
(c) Really live while you're alive.
(d) There are many stages of grief.
5. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
6. How does Agnes feel about the ideas the interviewer has presented?
(a) She is ashamed.
(b) She is appalled.
(c) She is reflective.
(d) She is surprised.
7. How does Agnes respond to the interviewers suggest about what may need to happen to Felicity?
(a) Agnes refuses the interviewers idea.
(b) Agnes says that that is not what Felicity wants.
(c) Agnes begins to softly cry.
(d) Agnes tells the interviewer that he is wrong.
8. What does Brian tell the interviewer about people?
(a) They don't want to let go.
(b) They don't appreciate honesty.
(c) They don't understand death.
(d) They don't know how to say goodbye.
9. What does Joe take Maggie on the porch of the cottage?
10. What happens when Brian makes his attempt with Beverly?
(a) They have a good time.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He dies.
(d) Mark gets jealous.
11. What happened to Claire?
(a) She was in jail.
(b) She was killed in an accident.
(c) She left the country.
(d) She committed suicide.
12. What does Maggie realize Joe needs from her?
13. What does Brian say that no one expects?
(a) To have to explain death to their family.
(b) Death to happen to them.
(c) To die from disease.
(d) To know someone who will die.
14. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
15. What do Joe and Maggie do while they sit outside of the cottage?
(a) Talk about what it will be like when Joe is gone.
(b) Argue about what to tell their son.
(c) Talk about why she won't go in the cottage.
(d) Reminisce about their life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agnes feel about the interviewer's inters in her feelings?
2. Why does Maggie agree to enter the cottage for the first time?
3. What does the reality of terminal illness force people to do?
4. What does the interviewer tell Agnes Felicity is enduring?
5. What does the interviewer change the subject to?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)