|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think about that has made him angry?
(a) He can't understand why this happened to him.
(b) He won't get to have his grandchildren surrounding him.
(c) He believes his life doesn't matter to Maggie.
(d) He doesn't know how to make Maggie understand.
2. What does Mark do when Beverly follows Brian?
(a) He cleans up the mess that Beverly made.
(b) He drinks champagne straight from the bottle.
(c) He walks out of the cottage to clear his head.
(d) He goes into the kitchen to clean his jacket.
3. Where had Claire gone?
4. How does Beverly react to Mark's description about the dying process?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is perplexed.
(d) She is relieved.
5. What happened to Claire one day when she and Felicity were arguing?
(a) Felicity hit Claire.
(b) Felicity kicked her out.
(c) Claire left.
(d) Claire hit her mother.
6. What did Felicity manage after her husband died?
(a) Dairy farm.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Fruit market.
(d) Hardware store.
7. What occurs to Maggie to make her change her mind about Joe's death?
(a) She speaks with the interviewer at length.
(b) She realizes that it is not about her own feelings.
(c) She talks to the doctors.
(d) She listens to what Joe has to say to her.
8. What does the interviewer tell Agnes may need to happen to Felicity?
(a) She has caused Agnes enough pain.
(b) She needs more help than Agnes can give.
(c) She may need to go back to the hospital.
(d) She needs to let go of Claire.
9. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
(a) Flashbacks and memories.
(b) Additional characters.
(c) Outside interviewer.
(d) Encouragement from outsiders.
10. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
(a) Explaining their illness.
(b) Reviewing their lives.
(c) Finding their spirituality.
(d) Getting their affairs in order.
11. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
(a) They were close.
(b) They wer always treated differently.
(c) They never got along.
(d) They argued a lot.
12. In what way does Agnes relent briefly to the interviewer's idea?
(a) She agrees to talk to the interviewer again.
(b) She allows Felicity to go back to the hospital.
(c) She agrees to stop writing letters.
(d) She allows someone to come in and check on Felicity.
13. How does Agnes now describe Claire?
(a) As Felicity's favorite daughter.
(b) As the trouble maker in the family.
(c) As the golden child.
(d) As the one that got away.
14. What does Beverly spill on Mark's jacket?
15. What does Beverly say that Mark's life is based on?
(b) False hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie feel that prevents her from going into the cottage?
2. How does Agnes feel about the interviewer's inters in her feelings?
3. What does Agnes believe she has provided for Felicity?
4. What does Beverly warn Mark not to do to Brian?
5. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)