|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnes feel about the ideas the interviewer has presented?
(a) She is reflective.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is appalled.
2. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
(a) They argued a lot.
(b) They never got along.
(c) They were close.
(d) They wer always treated differently.
3. What does Joe take Maggie on the porch of the cottage?
4. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
(a) Flashbacks and memories.
(b) Outside interviewer.
(c) Additional characters.
(d) Encouragement from outsiders.
5. What does Beverly say that Mark's life is based on?
(c) False hope.
6. What do the characters say about everything that matters?
(a) Everything that matters build memories.
(b) Everthing that matters goes by faster.
(c) Everything that matters has an end.
(d) Everything that matters is kept in families.
7. Who does the interviewer believe is keeping Felicity alive?
8. Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death?
(a) Her sister ran away.
(b) Her mother is older.
(c) She is tired of having to be fake for her mother.
(d) She already lost her father.
9. Which of the following characters remains in denial the longest?
10. Which of the following characters seems to have lead the fuller life?
11. What happens when Brian makes his attempt with Beverly?
(a) They have a good time.
(b) He dies.
(c) Mark gets jealous.
(d) He collapses.
12. How does Beverly react to Mark's description about the dying process?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is perplexed.
(d) She is relieved.
13. What does Mark's pain stem from?
(a) Watching the dying process daily.
(b) Jealousy over Brian's feelings for Beverly.
(c) Realizing his salvation is dying.
(d) Understanding what is happening to Brian.
14. Who remains faithful to Brian until the end?
15. What does Felicity ask Agnes to do while she drinks her tea?
(a) Stop fighting with Claire.
(b) Read one of Claire's letters.
(c) Go and find her father for her.
(d) Bring Claire into the living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie agree to enter the cottage for the first time?
2. Which of the following is not something that Agnes suffers from?
3. How does Agnes now describe Claire?
4. What is Agnes doing when Felicity interrupts her and asks for tea?
5. What does the letter reading incident lead Agnes to realize?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)