|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beverly do for Brian?
2. What does Beverly warn Mark not to do to Brian?
(a) Treat him with disrespect.
(b) Provide him with the appropriate care.
(c) Give him too much hope.
(d) Stop listening to him.
3. Which of the following characters seems to have lead the fuller life?
4. What does Brian attempt to do with Beverly?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Dance with her.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Argue with her.
5. What adds anger to the mix of emotions?
(b) Pain of the diseases.
(d) Dying process.
6. Which of the following describes how Mark feels about Beverly's behavior?
(a) He doesn't know what to make of it.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He finds it intriguing.
(d) He is disgusted by it.
7. How does Joe describe his life?
(a) With a great sense of peace.
(b) With a need to explain.
(c) With a sense of futility.
(d) With painful memories.
8. What is Agnes doing when Felicity interrupts her and asks for tea?
(a) Writing down her thoughts and feelings.
(b) Talking with the interviewer.
(c) Reading a fake letter from Claire.
(d) Talking with Felicity's doctors.
9. What does Joe take Maggie on the porch of the cottage?
10. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
11. How does her feeling change?
(a) She becomes more confused.
(b) She is overwhelmed.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She gets lost in sadness.
12. What seems to be the most important theme of the play?
(a) Really live while you're alive.
(b) Life always ends in death.
(c) There are many stages of grief.
(d) There is always hope even in death.
13. How does Beverly react to Mark's description about the dying process?
(a) She is perplexed.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is relieved.
14. Why does Maggie want to have all of the good and bad moments of her life with Joe back?
(a) Because she needs to find control.
(b) Because their relationship isn't finished.
(c) Because she wants to redo them.
(d) Because she doesn't want to let go.
15. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
(a) Explaining their illness.
(b) Finding their spirituality.
(c) Getting their affairs in order.
(d) Reviewing their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all of the pieces of Beverly's jewelry represent?
2. What does the reality of terminal illness force people to do?
3. How does Agnes respond to the interviewers suggest about what may need to happen to Felicity?
4. Which of the following characters remains in denial the longest?
5. What does Agnes believe she has provided for Felicity?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)