|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark's pain stem from?
(a) Realizing his salvation is dying.
(b) Understanding what is happening to Brian.
(c) Watching the dying process daily.
(d) Jealousy over Brian's feelings for Beverly.
2. What does the interviewer tell Agnes Felicity is enduring?
(a) Physical and mental anguish.
(b) Senility which keeps her in the dark.
(c) Medical science's worst.
(d) A false sense of security and understanding.
3. What does the interviewer tell Agnes may need to happen to Felicity?
(a) She has caused Agnes enough pain.
(b) She needs more help than Agnes can give.
(c) She may need to go back to the hospital.
(d) She needs to let go of Claire.
4. What does Maggie feel about her life with Joe?
(a) It was a total failure.
(b) It went by too fast.
(c) It is not over.
(d) It was only made up of good moments.
5. It could be said that Joe and Felicity are further along in the acceptance of their disease than which of the following characters?
(b) Beverly and Mark.
(c) Their families.
6. What does Beverly do for Brian?
7. What was Mark doing before he came to live with Brian?
(a) He was a nurse at the hospital.
(b) He was a struggling writer.
(c) He was a male prostitute.
(d) He was living in a homeless shelter.
8. What does Maggie do that symbolizes her acceptance of Joe's impending death?
(a) Goes into the cottage.
(b) Tells her husband she loves him.
(c) Takes Joe's hand.
(d) Talks to her son about Joe's condition.
9. What happens when Brian makes his attempt with Beverly?
(a) Mark gets jealous.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He dies.
(d) They have a good time.
10. What does Joe think about that has made him angry?
(a) He doesn't know how to make Maggie understand.
(b) He can't understand why this happened to him.
(c) He believes his life doesn't matter to Maggie.
(d) He won't get to have his grandchildren surrounding him.
11. How does Beverly react to Mark's description about the dying process?
(a) She is perplexed.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is outraged.
12. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
(a) They never got along.
(b) They wer always treated differently.
(c) They were close.
(d) They argued a lot.
13. What does Brian resolve to do?
(a) Leave a legacy.
(b) Make the world a better place.
(c) Everything he never did .
(d) All his body will allow.
14. What does Agnes believe has kept Felicity alive for the past two years?
(a) Agnes's devotion to ther mother.
(b) Anticipation of the letters.
(c) The work of the hospitals.
(d) Her ongoing case of senility.
15. What do Joe and Maggie do while they sit outside of the cottage?
(a) Argue about what to tell their son.
(b) Talk about what it will be like when Joe is gone.
(c) Reminisce about their life.
(d) Talk about why she won't go in the cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the interviewer believe is keeping Felicity alive?
2. What do all of the characters seem to say about life?
3. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
4. What is the last stage in the grief cycle?
5. What is Agnes doing when Felicity interrupts her and asks for tea?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)