|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think about that has made him angry?
(a) He can't understand why this happened to him.
(b) He won't get to have his grandchildren surrounding him.
(c) He doesn't know how to make Maggie understand.
(d) He believes his life doesn't matter to Maggie.
2. Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death?
(a) Her sister ran away.
(b) She is tired of having to be fake for her mother.
(c) Her mother is older.
(d) She already lost her father.
3. How does Brian feel about the argument over the spill on the jacket?
(a) He finds it disturbing.
(b) He finds it hysterical.
(c) He finds it trivial.
(d) He doesn't know what to make of it.
4. What happens when Beverly and Mark rush to Brian's side?
(a) He tells them he wants to be left alone.
(b) He asks them to help him to the couch.
(c) He begins to cry and ask for help.
(d) They take him back to the hospital.
5. How does Mark feel about the thought of Brian leaving?
(a) He doesn't believe it will happen.
(b) He cannot truly understand it.
(c) He cannot bear it.
(d) He realizes it will be a relief.
6. What does Joe say about death?
(a) Nothing will stop it.
(b) No one understands it.
(c) No one wants it.
(d) Nothing can prepare you for it.
7. What does the interviewer tell Agnes Felicity is enduring?
(a) A false sense of security and understanding.
(b) Physical and mental anguish.
(c) Medical science's worst.
(d) Senility which keeps her in the dark.
8. What did Felicity refuse to do according to Agnes?
(a) Have a funeral for her daughter.
(b) Talk about Claire with anyone.
(c) Acknowledge Claire's death.
(d) Move out of her home.
9. Why does the interviewer believe Felicity will not allow herself to die?
(a) She needs something to cling to.
(b) She wants to please Agnes.
(c) She can't remember she is sick.
(d) She is waiting for Claire's return.
10. What does Joe take Maggie on the porch of the cottage?
11. How does Agnes feel about the ideas the interviewer has presented?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is appalled.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) She is reflective.
12. Which of the following characters remains in denial the longest?
13. Where does Brian go after falls?
(a) Into the kitchen.
(b) Out on the porch.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To his bedroom.
14. What do the characters say about everything that matters?
(a) Everthing that matters goes by faster.
(b) Everything that matters is kept in families.
(c) Everything that matters has an end.
(d) Everything that matters build memories.
15. How does Agnes respond to the interviewer after he proposes his ideas?
(a) She tells the interviewer she has a headache.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She takes her mother back to the hospital.
(d) She refuses to talk anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first stage in the process of grieving?
2. What did Agnes decide to do to try and help Felicity?
3. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
4. What is Agnes doing when Felicity interrupts her and asks for tea?
5. What does Mark's pain stem from?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)