|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Mark feels about Beverly's behavior?
(a) He doesn't know what to make of it.
(b) He is disgusted by it.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He finds it intriguing.
2. What does Joe take Maggie on the porch of the cottage?
3. Which of the following characters remains in denial the longest?
4. What do all of the pieces of Beverly's jewelry represent?
(a) Ex lovers.
(b) Wishes or dreams.
(c) Special memories.
(d) Major life events.
5. What did Felicity manage after her husband died?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Hardware store.
(c) Fruit market.
(d) Dairy farm.
6. What is a part of the dying process for each of the patients?
(a) Reviewing their lives.
(b) Finding their spirituality.
(c) Getting their affairs in order.
(d) Explaining their illness.
7. Why does Maggie want to have all of the good and bad moments of her life with Joe back?
(a) Because she needs to find control.
(b) Because their relationship isn't finished.
(c) Because she wants to redo them.
(d) Because she doesn't want to let go.
8. What happened after Felicity heard the news?
(a) She started having hallucinations.
(b) She became angry at everyone else.
(c) She started treating Agnes in a mean way.
(d) She gave up her will to live.
9. What did Felicity refuse to do according to Agnes?
(a) Acknowledge Claire's death.
(b) Have a funeral for her daughter.
(c) Talk about Claire with anyone.
(d) Move out of her home.
10. How does Agnes respond to the interviewers suggest about what may need to happen to Felicity?
(a) Agnes begins to softly cry.
(b) Agnes refuses the interviewers idea.
(c) Agnes says that that is not what Felicity wants.
(d) Agnes tells the interviewer that he is wrong.
11. What happens when Beverly spills something on Mark's jacket?
(a) Mark storms out of the cottage.
(b) She apologizes profusely.
(c) Brian laughs loudly.
(d) They get into an argument.
12. What does the interviewer tell Agnes Felicity is enduring?
(a) A false sense of security and understanding.
(b) Physical and mental anguish.
(c) Senility which keeps her in the dark.
(d) Medical science's worst.
13. Where had Claire gone?
14. Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death?
(a) She is tired of having to be fake for her mother.
(b) Her sister ran away.
(c) Her mother is older.
(d) She already lost her father.
15. What seems to be the most important theme of the play?
(a) There is always hope even in death.
(b) Life always ends in death.
(c) Really live while you're alive.
(d) There are many stages of grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interviewer tell Agnes may need to happen to Felicity?
2. What does Maggie feel about her life with Joe?
3. What does Brian tell the interviewer about people?
4. Which of the following is not something that Agnes suffers from?
5. What happened to Claire one day when she and Felicity were arguing?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)