|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Beverly and Mark rush to Brian's side?
(a) He asks them to help him to the couch.
(b) He tells them he wants to be left alone.
(c) They take him back to the hospital.
(d) He begins to cry and ask for help.
2. Which of the following characters is most logical about death?
3. Why does Mark say that Beverly has such an elevated position on the topic of the dying process?
(a) She left Brian.
(b) Because she doesn't really understand it.
(c) Because she's not there every day watching it.
(d) She hasn't talked with the doctors yet.
4. What does the reality of terminal illness force people to do?
(a) Support each other more.
(b) Reevaluate life priorities.
(c) Face death as a fact of life.
(d) Fight harder to avoid death.
5. Who remains faithful to Brian until the end?
6. What does Joe take Maggie on the porch of the cottage?
7. What does Brian do with the jacket?
(a) Throws it in the wash.
(b) Throws it at Beverly and Mark.
(c) Throws it on a chair.
(d) Throws it in the trash.
8. What does Mark's pain stem from?
(a) Understanding what is happening to Brian.
(b) Watching the dying process daily.
(c) Realizing his salvation is dying.
(d) Jealousy over Brian's feelings for Beverly.
9. What did Agnes decide to do to try and help Felicity?
(a) Get her some therapy to work through the problem.
(b) Admitted her to the hospital right away.
(c) Write letters to Felicity and pretend they were from Claire.
(d) Tell her mom about Claire's problems every day.
10. What does Beverly try to interject into Brian's grieving process?
(a) Love and affection.
(b) Denial and release.
(c) Surprise and patience.
(d) Humor and drama.
11. How does Agnes respond to the interviewers suggest about what may need to happen to Felicity?
(a) Agnes says that that is not what Felicity wants.
(b) Agnes begins to softly cry.
(c) Agnes refuses the interviewers idea.
(d) Agnes tells the interviewer that he is wrong.
12. What do all of the pieces of Beverly's jewelry represent?
(a) Ex lovers.
(b) Wishes or dreams.
(c) Special memories.
(d) Major life events.
13. How does Beverly react to Mark's description about the dying process?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is perplexed.
(d) She is outraged.
14. Which of the following was not one of the descriptions that Agnes used to describe Claire after her mother took over her husband's job?
(a) In deep mourning for their father.
(b) Always arguing with their mother.
15. Why does Maggie agree to enter the cottage for the first time?
(a) She knows that it is what Joe wants.
(b) She needs to go inside with him.
(c) She has accepted Joe's imminent death.
(d) She wants to see her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
2. What does Beverly spill on Mark's jacket?
3. Who does the interviewer believe is keeping Felicity alive?
4. What does Brian try to incorporate into the process of grieving?
5. What does the interviewer tell Agnes Felicity is enduring?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)