|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe take Maggie on the porch of the cottage?
2. What happened to Claire one day when she and Felicity were arguing?
(a) Felicity kicked her out.
(b) Claire left.
(c) Felicity hit Claire.
(d) Claire hit her mother.
3. What does Felicity ask Agnes to do while she drinks her tea?
(a) Bring Claire into the living room.
(b) Read one of Claire's letters.
(c) Stop fighting with Claire.
(d) Go and find her father for her.
4. What does Brian say that no one expects?
(a) To know someone who will die.
(b) To die from disease.
(c) To have to explain death to their family.
(d) Death to happen to them.
5. How does Joe describe his life?
(a) With painful memories.
(b) With a need to explain.
(c) With a sense of futility.
(d) With a great sense of peace.
6. What do Beverly and Mark both agree that Brian is?
(a) The best writer they have seen.
(b) A man worthy of both of their love.
(c) More highly evolved spirtually.
(d) The most patient man around.
7. Why does the interviewer believe Felicity will not allow herself to die?
(a) She wants to please Agnes.
(b) She can't remember she is sick.
(c) She is waiting for Claire's return.
(d) She needs something to cling to.
8. What does Brian tell the interviewer about people?
(a) They don't want to let go.
(b) They don't know how to say goodbye.
(c) They don't appreciate honesty.
(d) They don't understand death.
9. What happened after Felicity heard the news?
(a) She became angry at everyone else.
(b) She started treating Agnes in a mean way.
(c) She gave up her will to live.
(d) She started having hallucinations.
10. Where does Brian go after falls?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) Out on the porch.
(c) To his bedroom.
(d) Into the kitchen.
11. How did Felicity and Agnes learn about what happened to Claire?
(a) They hired someone to find her.
(b) They read about it in the paper.
(c) They got a call from the police.
(d) They received a letter.
12. What is Agnes doing when Felicity interrupts her and asks for tea?
(a) Reading a fake letter from Claire.
(b) Writing down her thoughts and feelings.
(c) Talking with Felicity's doctors.
(d) Talking with the interviewer.
13. What does Agnes believe she has provided for Felicity?
14. What was Mark doing before he came to live with Brian?
(a) He was a male prostitute.
(b) He was living in a homeless shelter.
(c) He was a nurse at the hospital.
(d) He was a struggling writer.
15. What happens when Beverly spills something on Mark's jacket?
(a) They get into an argument.
(b) She apologizes profusely.
(c) Mark storms out of the cottage.
(d) Brian laughs loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
2. What does Joe say about death?
3. Which of the following characters seems to have lead the fuller life?
4. What does the interviewer explain to Agnes what is happening to Felicity is called?
5. How does her feeling change?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)