|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something that Agnes suffers from?
(a) Ongoing tiredness.
(c) Bouts of hysteria.
(d) Psychosomatic headaches.
2. What do Beverly and Mark both agree that Brian is?
(a) More highly evolved spirtually.
(b) The most patient man around.
(c) A man worthy of both of their love.
(d) The best writer they have seen.
3. What does Brian tell the interviewer about people?
(a) They don't appreciate honesty.
(b) They don't understand death.
(c) They don't want to let go.
(d) They don't know how to say goodbye.
4. What does Brian attempt to do with Beverly?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Argue with her.
(c) Dance with her.
(d) Make love to her.
5. Where had Claire gone?
6. What does Mark's pain stem from?
(a) Watching the dying process daily.
(b) Jealousy over Brian's feelings for Beverly.
(c) Realizing his salvation is dying.
(d) Understanding what is happening to Brian.
7. What does Joe think about that has made him angry?
(a) He doesn't know how to make Maggie understand.
(b) He can't understand why this happened to him.
(c) He believes his life doesn't matter to Maggie.
(d) He won't get to have his grandchildren surrounding him.
8. What was Mark doing before he came to live with Brian?
(a) He was living in a homeless shelter.
(b) He was a struggling writer.
(c) He was a male prostitute.
(d) He was a nurse at the hospital.
9. What does Joe take Maggie on the porch of the cottage?
10. What does Beverly spill on Mark's jacket?
11. How does Agnes now describe Claire?
(a) As Felicity's favorite daughter.
(b) As the golden child.
(c) As the trouble maker in the family.
(d) As the one that got away.
12. How long was Claire gone before Felicity and Agnes knew what happened to her?
(a) A week.
(b) Five years.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
13. What is Agnes doing when Felicity interrupts her and asks for tea?
(a) Talking with Felicity's doctors.
(b) Writing down her thoughts and feelings.
(c) Reading a fake letter from Claire.
(d) Talking with the interviewer.
14. What does Brian try to incorporate into the process of grieving?
(a) Acceptance of others pain.
(b) Opening himself to all experiences.
(c) Realization that death comes to all.
(d) Spritual aspects of dying.
15. How does her feeling change?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She gets lost in sadness.
(c) She is overwhelmed.
(d) She becomes more confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
2. What did Agnes decide to do to try and help Felicity?
3. What does Maggie do that symbolizes her acceptance of Joe's impending death?
4. What does Mark do when Beverly follows Brian?
5. Why does Maggie want to have all of the good and bad moments of her life with Joe back?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)