|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beverly warn Mark not to do to Brian?
(a) Stop listening to him.
(b) Give him too much hope.
(c) Provide him with the appropriate care.
(d) Treat him with disrespect.
2. How does her feeling change?
(a) She becomes more confused.
(b) She gets lost in sadness.
(c) She is overwhelmed.
(d) She becomes angry.
3. Which of the following is not something that Agnes suffers from?
(a) Bouts of hysteria.
(c) Ongoing tiredness.
(d) Psychosomatic headaches.
4. What did Agnes decide to do to try and help Felicity?
(a) Admitted her to the hospital right away.
(b) Write letters to Felicity and pretend they were from Claire.
(c) Get her some therapy to work through the problem.
(d) Tell her mom about Claire's problems every day.
5. What is the last stage in the grief cycle?
6. What did Felicity refuse to do according to Agnes?
(a) Talk about Claire with anyone.
(b) Acknowledge Claire's death.
(c) Move out of her home.
(d) Have a funeral for her daughter.
7. What occurs to Maggie to make her change her mind about Joe's death?
(a) She realizes that it is not about her own feelings.
(b) She speaks with the interviewer at length.
(c) She listens to what Joe has to say to her.
(d) She talks to the doctors.
8. What does Beverly say that Mark's life is based on?
(c) False hope.
9. What does the interviewer explain to Agnes what is happening to Felicity is called?
10. Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death?
(a) Her sister ran away.
(b) She already lost her father.
(c) Her mother is older.
(d) She is tired of having to be fake for her mother.
11. Why does Maggie agree to enter the cottage for the first time?
(a) She knows that it is what Joe wants.
(b) She wants to see her son.
(c) She needs to go inside with him.
(d) She has accepted Joe's imminent death.
12. What does Joe say about death?
(a) No one wants it.
(b) Nothing will stop it.
(c) No one understands it.
(d) Nothing can prepare you for it.
13. What did Felicity manage after her husband died?
(a) Dairy farm.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Fruit market.
(d) Hardware store.
14. Which of the following characters seems to battle the process the most?
15. Who does the interviewer believe is keeping Felicity alive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the interviewer believe Felicity will not allow herself to die?
2. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
3. Where had Claire gone?
4. How does Agnes feel about the ideas the interviewer has presented?
5. What is the first stage in the process of grieving?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)