|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes doing when Felicity interrupts her and asks for tea?
(a) Talking with the interviewer.
(b) Talking with Felicity's doctors.
(c) Writing down her thoughts and feelings.
(d) Reading a fake letter from Claire.
2. What does Brian say that no one expects?
(a) To know someone who will die.
(b) Death to happen to them.
(c) To die from disease.
(d) To have to explain death to their family.
3. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
(a) They wer always treated differently.
(b) They never got along.
(c) They were close.
(d) They argued a lot.
4. Which of the following characters seems to battle the process the most?
5. What is the first stage in the process of grieving?
6. Who does the interviewer believe is keeping Felicity alive?
7. What do all of the pieces of Beverly's jewelry represent?
(a) Major life events.
(b) Special memories.
(c) Wishes or dreams.
(d) Ex lovers.
8. How does Agnes feel about the interviewer's inters in her feelings?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is hesitant.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is shocked.
9. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
(a) Additional characters.
(b) Flashbacks and memories.
(c) Outside interviewer.
(d) Encouragement from outsiders.
10. What does Brian tell the interviewer about people?
(a) They don't understand death.
(b) They don't know how to say goodbye.
(c) They don't want to let go.
(d) They don't appreciate honesty.
11. In what way does Agnes relent briefly to the interviewer's idea?
(a) She agrees to talk to the interviewer again.
(b) She allows someone to come in and check on Felicity.
(c) She allows Felicity to go back to the hospital.
(d) She agrees to stop writing letters.
12. Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death?
(a) She is tired of having to be fake for her mother.
(b) Her mother is older.
(c) Her sister ran away.
(d) She already lost her father.
13. Where does Brian go after falls?
(a) Out on the porch.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) Into the kitchen.
(d) To his bedroom.
14. What does Felicity's mental state keep her in?
(a) A calm and peacful existance.
(b) A fantasyland where she is not ill.
(c) A perpetual state of memory.
(d) A realization of her disease.
15. Which of the following is not something that Agnes suffers from?
(a) Ongoing tiredness.
(b) Bouts of hysteria.
(c) Psychosomatic headaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Claire gone?
2. What does Joe say about death?
3. What happened after Felicity heard the news?
4. Why doesn't Agnes believe that what she is doing is wrong?
5. What does Mark do when Beverly follows Brian?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)