|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie realize Joe needs from her?
2. What does Brian resolve to do?
(a) Make the world a better place.
(b) Leave a legacy.
(c) Everything he never did .
(d) All his body will allow.
3. What is the first stage in the process of grieving?
4. What happened after Felicity heard the news?
(a) She started having hallucinations.
(b) She started treating Agnes in a mean way.
(c) She gave up her will to live.
(d) She became angry at everyone else.
5. What happens when Brian makes his attempt with Beverly?
(a) They have a good time.
(b) He dies.
(c) He collapses.
(d) Mark gets jealous.
6. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
7. What is Agnes doing when Felicity interrupts her and asks for tea?
(a) Talking with Felicity's doctors.
(b) Talking with the interviewer.
(c) Reading a fake letter from Claire.
(d) Writing down her thoughts and feelings.
8. What happens when Beverly spills something on Mark's jacket?
(a) They get into an argument.
(b) She apologizes profusely.
(c) Brian laughs loudly.
(d) Mark storms out of the cottage.
9. How does her feeling change?
(a) She becomes more confused.
(b) She gets lost in sadness.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She is overwhelmed.
10. What seems to be the most important theme of the play?
(a) Really live while you're alive.
(b) There is always hope even in death.
(c) Life always ends in death.
(d) There are many stages of grief.
11. What does Joe think about that has made him angry?
(a) He won't get to have his grandchildren surrounding him.
(b) He can't understand why this happened to him.
(c) He doesn't know how to make Maggie understand.
(d) He believes his life doesn't matter to Maggie.
12. Why does Mark say that Beverly has such an elevated position on the topic of the dying process?
(a) She hasn't talked with the doctors yet.
(b) Because she's not there every day watching it.
(c) Because she doesn't really understand it.
(d) She left Brian.
13. How does Agnes feel about the interviewer's inters in her feelings?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is hesitant.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is pleased.
14. Why does the interviewer believe Felicity will not allow herself to die?
(a) She is waiting for Claire's return.
(b) She needs something to cling to.
(c) She can't remember she is sick.
(d) She wants to please Agnes.
15. Why does Maggie agree to enter the cottage for the first time?
(a) She knows that it is what Joe wants.
(b) She wants to see her son.
(c) She has accepted Joe's imminent death.
(d) She needs to go inside with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beverly say that Mark's life is based on?
2. Which of the following was not one of the descriptions that Agnes used to describe Claire after her mother took over her husband's job?
3. What did Agnes say about her relationship with Claire before their father died?
4. What does Brian attempt to do with Beverly?
5. Why does Maggie want to have all of the good and bad moments of her life with Joe back?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)