|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
2. What does Agnes believe she has provided for Felicity?
3. Why does Maggie want to have all of the good and bad moments of her life with Joe back?
(a) Because she wants to redo them.
(b) Because their relationship isn't finished.
(c) Because she needs to find control.
(d) Because she doesn't want to let go.
4. What do Joe and Maggie do while they sit outside of the cottage?
(a) Argue about what to tell their son.
(b) Reminisce about their life.
(c) Talk about what it will be like when Joe is gone.
(d) Talk about why she won't go in the cottage.
5. What does Maggie do that symbolizes her acceptance of Joe's impending death?
(a) Talks to her son about Joe's condition.
(b) Takes Joe's hand.
(c) Tells her husband she loves him.
(d) Goes into the cottage.
6. What did Felicity manage after her husband died?
(a) Dairy farm.
(b) Fruit market.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Hardware store.
7. Who does the interviewer believe is keeping Felicity alive?
8. Which of the following characters seems to battle the process the most?
9. What did both Beverly and Mark struggle with in regard to Brian?
(a) Struggled to understand him.
(b) Struggled to motivate him.
(c) Struggled to keep up with him.
(d) Struggled to accept him.
10. Where does Brian go after falls?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) Out on the porch.
(c) To his bedroom.
(d) Into the kitchen.
11. What does Brian resolve to do?
(a) Everything he never did .
(b) Leave a legacy.
(c) Make the world a better place.
(d) All his body will allow.
12. How does Agnes feel about the ideas the interviewer has presented?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She is appalled.
(d) She is reflective.
13. What does Agnes believe has kept Felicity alive for the past two years?
(a) The work of the hospitals.
(b) Agnes's devotion to ther mother.
(c) Her ongoing case of senility.
(d) Anticipation of the letters.
14. What does Maggie realize Joe needs from her?
15. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
(a) Outside interviewer.
(b) Additional characters.
(c) Encouragement from outsiders.
(d) Flashbacks and memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian say that no one expects?
2. How does Beverly seem to handle stress?
3. What does Beverly say that Mark's life is based on?
4. How does Mark feel about the thought of Brian leaving?
5. What does the interviewer explain to Agnes what is happening to Felicity is called?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)