|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felicity do to try and block out the interviewer's voice?
(a) Goes into the bedroom and shuts the door.
(b) Walks out of the cottage.
(c) Turns the TV up very loudly.
(d) Hums to herself.
2. What is located in the interview area?
(a) A chair, a recorder and a man.
(b) Two chairs.
(c) A chair and a couch.
(d) A small stool.
3. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his first reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
4. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(b) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(c) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(d) He asks her where Brian is.
5. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
(a) He was ashamed of how he became ill.
(b) He didn't feel like company because he was depressed.
(c) He always thought he'd go home.
(d) He was too proud to let her see him ill.
6. What does Beverly try to do to handle the hostility between her and Mark?
(a) She tries to use humor.
(b) She walks away.
(c) She yells at Mark.
(d) She calls to the interviewer.
7. Who is Mark?
(a) Steve's friend.
(b) Brian's companion.
(c) Maggie's boyfriend.
(d) Beverly's husband.
8. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
(a) A light suddenly comes on.
(b) The loud crying of a woman.
(c) A man calls him over.
(d) The sound of recorded voices.
9. What does the interviewer tell Joe about his feelings?
(a) He will want to avoid sharing them with his family.
(b) Everyone understands what he is going through.
(c) He must move past the anger.
(d) Any emotion is acceptable.
10. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
(a) Because she is happy.
(b) Because he continues to write.
(c) Because he is dying.
(d) Because he laughs at life and death.
11. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
12. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
(a) Moving through their lives in an automatic way.
(b) Denying the facts that are presented to them.
(c) Praying to a God he does not believe exists.
(d) Trying methods to prolong the inevitable.
13. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
(a) To have Felicity leave the cottage.
(b) To speak to Agnes alone outside of the cottage.
(c) To talk to Agnes too.
(d) To talk to Felicity alone.
14. How does Beverly feel about the information that Mark shares with her?
(a) She doesn't understand what he is saying.
(b) She finds it uncomfortable.
(c) She tells Mark that he is lying.
(d) She cannot process the information because she is drunk.
15. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
(a) Back in her regular hospital room.
(b) Back in her own home.
(c) Up in heaven with God.
(d) In her daughter's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian believe would allow people to live more authentic lives?
2. About how old is Felicity?
3. What does Steve do to express how much he missed Joe?
4. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
5. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)