|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felicity do to try and block out the interviewer's voice?
(a) Goes into the bedroom and shuts the door.
(b) Walks out of the cottage.
(c) Turns the TV up very loudly.
(d) Hums to herself.
2. Who is Mark?
(a) Steve's friend.
(b) Maggie's boyfriend.
(c) Beverly's husband.
(d) Brian's companion.
3. What does Steve do to express how much he missed Joe?
(a) He gives him a letter he wrote.
(b) He tells him.
(c) He hugs him several times.
(d) He has written Joe a poem.
4. What ends the tension between Beverly and Mark?
(a) Mark leaves.
(b) Beverly keeps drinking.
(c) Brian walks in the room.
(d) Mark yells at Beverly.
5. What is the main topic of this play?
(c) Family relationships.
(d) Hospital care.
6. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
7. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
8. How does Joe react to what Maggie has done to Steve?
(a) He comforts Steve.
(b) He yells at Maggie.
(c) He tells Steve to leave his mother alone.
(d) He asks Steve to leave them alone.
9. What does Joe believe his illness has made him more of?
(a) An emotionally withdrawn person.
(b) An object rather than a person.
(c) A man with no hope.
(d) A person devoid of feelings.
10. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his second reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
11. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
(a) A shallow box that puts objects on display.
(b) A box that takes the light and refracts it to cause shadows.
(c) A creation that replicates another scene.
(d) A tall narrow box used to encase pictures safely.
12. Where are Maggie and Steve while Joe is hospitalized?
(b) East coast.
(c) Southern plains.
(d) West coast.
13. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
(a) She tells Joe that Steve has slapped her in the past.
(b) She tells Joe that Steve has been very upset an dmean to her.
(c) She tells Joe that Steve cannot handle his condition.
(d) She tells Joe that she never told Steve about Joe's condition.
14. About how old is Felicity?
15. How old is Steve?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the interview process explained to Joe?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
3. Why was Joe released from the hospital?
4. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
5. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)