|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
2. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
(a) To have Felicity leave the cottage.
(b) To talk to Agnes too.
(c) To speak to Agnes alone outside of the cottage.
(d) To talk to Felicity alone.
3. What does Joe admit to the interviewer about Maggie?
(a) She is living in denial and will not admit he is ill.
(b) She doesn't enjoy seeing him the way he is now.
(c) It sometimes takes her a little while to fully understand things.
(d) He hasn't told her the extent of his illness.
4. What does the interviewer tell Joe about his feelings?
(a) Any emotion is acceptable.
(b) He must move past the anger.
(c) Everyone understands what he is going through.
(d) He will want to avoid sharing them with his family.
5. Who does Felicity say Agnes is like?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
6. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
7. What does Beverly try to do to handle the hostility between her and Mark?
(a) She yells at Mark.
(b) She calls to the interviewer.
(c) She walks away.
(d) She tries to use humor.
8. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
9. Who is Claire?
(a) Felicity's granddaughter.
(b) Felicity's daughter.
(c) Agnes's daughter.
(d) Felicity's sister.
10. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
(a) His housekeeping skills.
(b) His cool demeanor as he talks about Brian's condition.
(c) His refusal to have a cocktail with her.
(d) His treatment of her as she visits Brian.
11. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
(a) Talking about Claire.
(b) Singing a hymn.
(c) Cleaning the cottage.
(d) Reading the bible.
12. Who is Mark?
(a) Brian's companion.
(b) Steve's friend.
(c) Maggie's boyfriend.
(d) Beverly's husband.
13. What ends the tension between Beverly and Mark?
(a) Brian walks in the room.
(b) Beverly keeps drinking.
(c) Mark leaves.
(d) Mark yells at Beverly.
14. What does the interviewer do to make Joe relax?
(a) Tells him that all those who have lived in the cottage have been interviewed this way.
(b) Tells him that he will soon see the interviewer.
(c) Tells him to relax and listen to him.
(d) Tells him there is nothing to be frightened of.
15. What is Beverly obsessed with?
(a) Why Brian wanted to see her again.
(b) Brian and Mark's physical relationship.
(c) How beautiful the cottage is.
(d) Brian's health issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located in the interview area?
2. What does Brian admit scares him to death?
3. How does Brian end his interview?
4. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
5. What profession does Brian have?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)