|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Felicity often has troubles with which of the following?
2. What does Brian say about day-to-day basis life can be?
3. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his first reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
4. What causes Joe to be vigorous and in good humor?
(a) His wife and son are arriving soon.
(b) He has met a couple of friends at the other cottages.
(c) The interviewer is calming him.
(d) He has come to grips with his disease and fate.
5. Where is Joe hospitalized?
6. What caused Maggie and Steve to come to see Joe?
(a) He no longer has the option to go home.
(b) The hospital insisted that they come immediately.
(c) He begged them to come and visit.
(d) They insisted that they had to come one last time.
7. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her sister.
8. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
(a) She does not like discussing her disease or feelings.
(b) She is tired and would rather be in bed.
(c) She is angry about her body being ravaged by the disease.
(d) She doesn't like being observed in her private place.
9. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
10. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
(a) The interviewer seems oblivious to Joe's presence.
(b) The interviewer is not talking to Joe.
(c) The interviewer is an unseen person.
(d) The interviewer is a female in a suit.
11. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
(a) His ability to tell a story.
(b) His grammar.
(c) His muse.
(d) His eloquence.
12. Who does Felicity say Agnes is like?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
13. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(b) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(c) He asks her where Brian is.
(d) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
14. What does Joe believe his illness has made him more of?
(a) An object rather than a person.
(b) A man with no hope.
(c) An emotionally withdrawn person.
(d) A person devoid of feelings.
15. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
(a) His treatment of her as she visits Brian.
(b) His cool demeanor as he talks about Brian's condition.
(c) His refusal to have a cocktail with her.
(d) His housekeeping skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Maggie say she'll go in the cottage?
2. What did Beverly tell Brian that he had lost?
3. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
4. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
5. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)