|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian believe would allow people to live more authentic lives?
(a) Admitting the reality of their own death.
(b) Refusing to accept their own fate.
(c) Believing in an after life.
(d) Fighting to live for as long as possible.
2. What does Brian say about every person's dreams?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They are pointless.
(c) They are informal.
(d) They are ridiculous.
3. What happens in Brian's recurring dream?
(a) He is lost and all alone unable to find his way.
(b) Maggie calls for him but he cannot reach her.
(c) Everyone he knows appears and calls his name.
(d) No one can hear him call their name.
4. Which of the following is true about the way Agnes treats Felicity?
(a) She constantly tries to change the topic.
(b) She treats her as if she is already dead.
(c) She acts as if nothing is wrong.
(d) She caters to her every whim.
5. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is elated.
6. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his second reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
7. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
(a) The memories from the last family vacation.
(b) The family buying a farm and living a rural life.
(c) The happenings at Steve's school and Maggie's work.
(d) The family dog who had died last year.
8. Who is Claire?
(a) Felicity's daughter.
(b) Felicity's granddaughter.
(c) Felicity's sister.
(d) Agnes's daughter.
9. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
(a) His housekeeping skills.
(b) His cool demeanor as he talks about Brian's condition.
(c) His treatment of her as she visits Brian.
(d) His refusal to have a cocktail with her.
10. What does Joe want to do in regards to his feelings?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Deny them.
(c) Vent them.
(d) Redesign them.
11. About how old is Felicity?
12. Where are Maggie and Steve while Joe is hospitalized?
(a) Southern plains.
(c) West coast.
(d) East coast.
13. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
(a) They have all the time.
(b) They have only to believe.
(c) That no one else thinks like they do.
(d) They will behappy always.
14. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
(a) His feelings about Joe.
(b) His need to see his family.
(c) His desire to live forever.
(d) His perspective on death.
15. Who comes in while Mark is putting away Brian's medications?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
2. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
3. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
4. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
5. How is the interview process explained to Joe?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)