|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(b) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(c) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(d) He asks her where Brian is.
2. About how old is Felicity?
3. How is the interview process explained to Joe?
(a) The patients need to ensure all of their affairs are in order this way.
(b) It is the hospitals way of talking to the people in the cottage.
(c) It is the manner in which the patients can tell their story.
(d) The hospital wants to be sure that no one is infected.
4. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
5. What won't Maggie listen to that Joe tries to explain to her?
(a) About the interviewer.
(b) About the things she has brought.
(c) About his condition.
(d) About the cottage.
6. Who does Felicity say Agnes is like?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
7. What does Joe believe his illness has made him more of?
(a) A person devoid of feelings.
(b) An emotionally withdrawn person.
(c) A man with no hope.
(d) An object rather than a person.
8. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
(a) Reading the bible.
(b) Talking about Claire.
(c) Cleaning the cottage.
(d) Singing a hymn.
9. What does Felicity tell the interviewer to undermine Claire?
(a) Tells Agnes that she wishes Claire were there.
(b) Talks about how much Claire helps her.
(c) Talks about how beautiful Claire is.
(d) Tells the interviewer that Agnes doesn't love her.
10. What is unique about where Joe is staying?
(a) It is designed to allow his body to heal.
(b) It is a specially equipped cottage.
(c) It has enough rooms for all of his family.
(d) It has no privacy as people can see into the cottage at all times.
11. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
(a) To talk to Agnes too.
(b) To have Felicity leave the cottage.
(c) To speak to Agnes alone outside of the cottage.
(d) To talk to Felicity alone.
12. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
(a) How much she missed him.
(b) Her plane trip.
(c) Her work.
(d) Steve's new job.
13. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
14. What does Beverly try to do to handle the hostility between her and Mark?
(a) She tries to use humor.
(b) She calls to the interviewer.
(c) She walks away.
(d) She yells at Mark.
15. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brian's perspective on death?
2. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
3. What does Steve chide his mother about never being able to do?
4. What does Mark tell Beverly about Brian?
5. How does Brian describe fate?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)