|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the way Agnes treats Felicity?
(a) She constantly tries to change the topic.
(b) She acts as if nothing is wrong.
(c) She caters to her every whim.
(d) She treats her as if she is already dead.
2. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is elated.
(d) He is relieved.
3. What is Beverly obsessed with?
(a) How beautiful the cottage is.
(b) Brian and Mark's physical relationship.
(c) Brian's health issues.
(d) Why Brian wanted to see her again.
4. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
5. Who is Mark?
(a) Brian's companion.
(b) Steve's friend.
(c) Maggie's boyfriend.
(d) Beverly's husband.
6. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) A hospital room.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A cottage.
7. Where are Maggie and Steve while Joe is hospitalized?
(b) East coast.
(c) West coast.
(d) Southern plains.
8. What won't Maggie listen to that Joe tries to explain to her?
(a) About the things she has brought.
(b) About his condition.
(c) About the cottage.
(d) About the interviewer.
9. Which of the following is the best definition of what it means to be socially taboo?
(a) The topic is easily discussed in society.
(b) Only outcasts would consider the topic.
(c) Not often discussed or talked about.
(d) There are laws against talking about the topic.
10. What has caused regular visits between Joe and his family to be prohibitive?
(a) Nature of his disease.
(b) Job and school demands.
(c) Rules of the hospital.
(d) Hospital expenses and long distance.
11. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
(a) His need to see his family.
(b) His feelings about Joe.
(c) His perspective on death.
(d) His desire to live forever.
12. What does Brian say about every person's dreams?
(a) They are informal.
(b) They are ridiculous.
(c) They are pointless.
(d) They are beautiful.
13. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
14. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
(a) The memories from the last family vacation.
(b) The family dog who had died last year.
(c) The happenings at Steve's school and Maggie's work.
(d) The family buying a farm and living a rural life.
15. Who comes in while Mark is putting away Brian's medications?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beverly feel about the information that Mark shares with her?
2. What is the main topic of this play?
3. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
4. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
5. What did Joe ask Maggie to do?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)