|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Claire?
(a) Agnes's daughter.
(b) Felicity's daughter.
(c) Felicity's sister.
(d) Felicity's granddaughter.
2. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
(a) She is angry about her body being ravaged by the disease.
(b) She does not like discussing her disease or feelings.
(c) She is tired and would rather be in bed.
(d) She doesn't like being observed in her private place.
3. How long has it been since Joe saw his wife and son?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 weeks.
4. What does Maggie do when Steve jokes with her and tries to pull her in the cottage?
(a) She yells and cusses at him.
(b) She slaps him hard across the face.
(c) She slides to the cottage floor and sobs.
(d) She walks away from both Steve and Joe.
5. How does Brian describe fate?
6. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A hospital room.
(c) A doctor's office.
(d) A hotel room.
7. Who is Mark?
(a) Beverly's husband.
(b) Maggie's boyfriend.
(c) Brian's companion.
(d) Steve's friend.
8. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
(a) The happenings at Steve's school and Maggie's work.
(b) The memories from the last family vacation.
(c) The family buying a farm and living a rural life.
(d) The family dog who had died last year.
9. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
(a) Praying to a God he does not believe exists.
(b) Moving through their lives in an automatic way.
(c) Trying methods to prolong the inevitable.
(d) Denying the facts that are presented to them.
10. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
(a) He shakes from fear.
(b) He shakes because of the disease.
(c) He shakes with wonder.
(d) He shakes from medication side effects.
11. In what year did this play win both a Pulitzer Prize and a Tony Award?
12. What caused Maggie and Steve to come to see Joe?
(a) He begged them to come and visit.
(b) They insisted that they had to come one last time.
(c) He no longer has the option to go home.
(d) The hospital insisted that they come immediately.
13. What does Joe want to do in regards to his feelings?
(a) Vent them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Redesign them.
(d) Deny them.
14. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
(a) His grammar.
(b) His ability to tell a story.
(c) His muse.
(d) His eloquence.
15. Why has Brian started to write again?
(a) He doesn't want to leave anything unsaid or undone.
(b) He wants to leave a clear legacy behind.
(c) He needs to find something to do to pass the time.
(d) Mark has inspired him to help him write again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
2. What does the interviewer tell Joe about his feelings?
3. What does Felicity tell the interviewer to undermine Claire?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of what it means to be socially taboo?
5. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)