|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark?
(a) Brian's companion.
(b) Maggie's boyfriend.
(c) Steve's friend.
(d) Beverly's husband.
2. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is elated.
(d) He is relieved.
3. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
(a) She tells Joe that Steve has been very upset an dmean to her.
(b) She tells Joe that Steve cannot handle his condition.
(c) She tells Joe that Steve has slapped her in the past.
(d) She tells Joe that she never told Steve about Joe's condition.
4. What does the interviewer do to make Joe relax?
(a) Tells him there is nothing to be frightened of.
(b) Tells him that he will soon see the interviewer.
(c) Tells him to relax and listen to him.
(d) Tells him that all those who have lived in the cottage have been interviewed this way.
5. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital?
(a) She is relived.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is incensed.
6. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
(a) The sound of recorded voices.
(b) The loud crying of a woman.
(c) A light suddenly comes on.
(d) A man calls him over.
7. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
(a) Reading the bible.
(b) Singing a hymn.
(c) Talking about Claire.
(d) Cleaning the cottage.
8. How long has it been since Joe saw his wife and son?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 12 weeks.
9. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
(a) Trying methods to prolong the inevitable.
(b) Praying to a God he does not believe exists.
(c) Denying the facts that are presented to them.
(d) Moving through their lives in an automatic way.
10. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
(a) His housekeeping skills.
(b) His cool demeanor as he talks about Brian's condition.
(c) His treatment of her as she visits Brian.
(d) His refusal to have a cocktail with her.
11. What does the interviewer tell Joe he is available to do?
(a) Help him deal with his emotions.
(b) Teach him how to accept his fate.
(c) Listen anytime.
(d) Talk to his family.
12. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
(a) Her plane trip.
(b) Her work.
(c) Steve's new job.
(d) How much she missed him.
13. When does Maggie say she'll go in the cottage?
(a) When it gets dark outside.
(b) When Joe is asleep.
(c) When she is ready to do that.
(d) When she's had some time to think.
14. What does Joe want to do in regards to his feelings?
(a) Deny them.
(b) Vent them.
(c) Redesign them.
(d) Ignore them.
15. What did Joe ask Maggie to do?
(a) Explain the situation to Steve.
(b) Make sure she comes happily.
(c) Talk to his doctors so she better understands things.
(d) Bring his favorite foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Steve?
2. What does Maggie do when Steve jokes with her and tries to pull her in the cottage?
3. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
4. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
5. What caused Maggie and Steve to come to see Joe?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)