|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Felicity often has troubles with which of the following?
2. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
3. How does Felicity says that she and Claire communicate?
(a) Phone calls.
(b) Personal visits.
(c) They do not communicate.
4. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
(a) The interviewer is not talking to Joe.
(b) The interviewer seems oblivious to Joe's presence.
(c) The interviewer is a female in a suit.
(d) The interviewer is an unseen person.
5. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
6. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is relieved.
7. What does Felicity tell the interviewer to undermine Claire?
(a) Talks about how much Claire helps her.
(b) Tells the interviewer that Agnes doesn't love her.
(c) Talks about how beautiful Claire is.
(d) Tells Agnes that she wishes Claire were there.
8. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
(a) She refuses to let Steve touch his father.
(b) She refuses to go in the cottage.
(c) She refuses to talk about Joe's illness.
(d) She refuses to talk to Joe.
9. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
(a) The happenings at Steve's school and Maggie's work.
(b) The memories from the last family vacation.
(c) The family buying a farm and living a rural life.
(d) The family dog who had died last year.
10. What happens in Brian's recurring dream?
(a) He is lost and all alone unable to find his way.
(b) Everyone he knows appears and calls his name.
(c) Maggie calls for him but he cannot reach her.
(d) No one can hear him call their name.
11. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
(a) He shakes from fear.
(b) He shakes from medication side effects.
(c) He shakes because of the disease.
(d) He shakes with wonder.
12. What is the main topic of this play?
(a) Family relationships.
(d) Hospital care.
13. Why has Brian started to write again?
(a) He wants to leave a clear legacy behind.
(b) He needs to find something to do to pass the time.
(c) He doesn't want to leave anything unsaid or undone.
(d) Mark has inspired him to help him write again.
14. What is Brian's perspective on death?
(a) He believes people need to deny terminally ille people exist.
(b) He believes that God provides all of the answers about death.
(c) He believes people believe in an after-life.
(d) He believes people think life is supposed to last forever.
15. About how old is Felicity?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe react to what Maggie has done to Steve?
2. How does Brian describe fate?
3. In what year did this play win both a Pulitzer Prize and a Tony Award?
4. What does Mark tell Beverly about Brian?
5. What did Joe ask Maggie to do?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)