|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
(a) A tall narrow box used to encase pictures safely.
(b) A creation that replicates another scene.
(c) A shallow box that puts objects on display.
(d) A box that takes the light and refracts it to cause shadows.
2. What does the interviewer do to make Joe relax?
(a) Tells him to relax and listen to him.
(b) Tells him that all those who have lived in the cottage have been interviewed this way.
(c) Tells him there is nothing to be frightened of.
(d) Tells him that he will soon see the interviewer.
3. What profession does Brian have?
4. What does Joe admit to the interviewer about Maggie?
(a) She is living in denial and will not admit he is ill.
(b) He hasn't told her the extent of his illness.
(c) It sometimes takes her a little while to fully understand things.
(d) She doesn't enjoy seeing him the way he is now.
5. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
(a) His perspective on death.
(b) His need to see his family.
(c) His desire to live forever.
(d) His feelings about Joe.
6. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
7. Which of the following is true about the way Agnes treats Felicity?
(a) She caters to her every whim.
(b) She acts as if nothing is wrong.
(c) She constantly tries to change the topic.
(d) She treats her as if she is already dead.
8. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term affable?
9. What does Felicity do to try and block out the interviewer's voice?
(a) Goes into the bedroom and shuts the door.
(b) Walks out of the cottage.
(c) Turns the TV up very loudly.
(d) Hums to herself.
10. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A hospital room.
(d) A hotel room.
11. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
(a) She refuses to let Steve touch his father.
(b) She refuses to go in the cottage.
(c) She refuses to talk about Joe's illness.
(d) She refuses to talk to Joe.
12. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
(a) A vacation home on a beach.
(b) A three star restaurant.
(c) A country retreat in the woods.
(d) A high tech hospital.
13. How old is Steve?
14. How long has it been since Joe saw his wife and son?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 weeks.
15. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
(a) Trying methods to prolong the inevitable.
(b) Praying to a God he does not believe exists.
(c) Moving through their lives in an automatic way.
(d) Denying the facts that are presented to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
2. How does Brian end his interview?
3. How does Brian describe fate?
4. What is located in the interview area?
5. Why was Joe released from the hospital?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)