|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
(a) Because he is dying.
(b) Because she is happy.
(c) Because he laughs at life and death.
(d) Because he continues to write.
2. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
(a) Back in her own home.
(b) In her daughter's home.
(c) Back in her regular hospital room.
(d) Up in heaven with God.
3. Felicity often has troubles with which of the following?
4. What hope does Joe have in regards to Maggie's visit?
(a) That she will love being at the cottage.
(b) That she will be ready to comfort Steve when the time comes.
(c) That she will be able to find peace.
(d) That she will finally understand he is dying.
5. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
(a) She doesn't like being observed in her private place.
(b) She does not like discussing her disease or feelings.
(c) She is tired and would rather be in bed.
(d) She is angry about her body being ravaged by the disease.
6. What does Maggie do when Steve jokes with her and tries to pull her in the cottage?
(a) She walks away from both Steve and Joe.
(b) She slaps him hard across the face.
(c) She slides to the cottage floor and sobs.
(d) She yells and cusses at him.
7. Who is Mark?
(a) Steve's friend.
(b) Maggie's boyfriend.
(c) Beverly's husband.
(d) Brian's companion.
8. What happens in Brian's recurring dream?
(a) Maggie calls for him but he cannot reach her.
(b) No one can hear him call their name.
(c) Everyone he knows appears and calls his name.
(d) He is lost and all alone unable to find his way.
9. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
10. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
(a) She tells Joe that Steve has been very upset an dmean to her.
(b) She tells Joe that Steve has slapped her in the past.
(c) She tells Joe that she never told Steve about Joe's condition.
(d) She tells Joe that Steve cannot handle his condition.
11. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital?
(a) She is incensed.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is relived.
12. What won't Maggie listen to that Joe tries to explain to her?
(a) About the things she has brought.
(b) About the cottage.
(c) About the interviewer.
(d) About his condition.
13. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
(a) His grammar.
(b) His eloquence.
(c) His ability to tell a story.
(d) His muse.
14. How does Felicity says that she and Claire communicate?
(a) They do not communicate.
(c) Phone calls.
(d) Personal visits.
15. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A hospital room.
(d) A doctor's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
2. About how old is Felicity?
3. What is Brian's perspective on death?
4. Which of the following is true about the way Agnes treats Felicity?
5. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)