|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beverly obsessed with?
(a) Why Brian wanted to see her again.
(b) Brian and Mark's physical relationship.
(c) How beautiful the cottage is.
(d) Brian's health issues.
2. What does the interviewer do to make Joe relax?
(a) Tells him there is nothing to be frightened of.
(b) Tells him that he will soon see the interviewer.
(c) Tells him that all those who have lived in the cottage have been interviewed this way.
(d) Tells him to relax and listen to him.
3. What does Steve do to express how much he missed Joe?
(a) He gives him a letter he wrote.
(b) He hugs him several times.
(c) He has written Joe a poem.
(d) He tells him.
4. What does the interviewer tell Joe about his feelings?
(a) Any emotion is acceptable.
(b) He will want to avoid sharing them with his family.
(c) Everyone understands what he is going through.
(d) He must move past the anger.
5. What does the interviewer tell Joe he is available to do?
(a) Help him deal with his emotions.
(b) Talk to his family.
(c) Listen anytime.
(d) Teach him how to accept his fate.
6. Who is Claire?
(a) Felicity's daughter.
(b) Agnes's daughter.
(c) Felicity's sister.
(d) Felicity's granddaughter.
7. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
(a) The interviewer is a female in a suit.
(b) The interviewer is not talking to Joe.
(c) The interviewer is an unseen person.
(d) The interviewer seems oblivious to Joe's presence.
8. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
(a) The loud crying of a woman.
(b) A light suddenly comes on.
(c) The sound of recorded voices.
(d) A man calls him over.
9. In what year did this play win both a Pulitzer Prize and a Tony Award?
10. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
(a) A vacation home on a beach.
(b) A high tech hospital.
(c) A three star restaurant.
(d) A country retreat in the woods.
11. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is angry.
12. What does Brian believe would allow people to live more authentic lives?
(a) Admitting the reality of their own death.
(b) Refusing to accept their own fate.
(c) Fighting to live for as long as possible.
(d) Believing in an after life.
13. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
14. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
(a) He always thought he'd go home.
(b) He was too proud to let her see him ill.
(c) He didn't feel like company because he was depressed.
(d) He was ashamed of how he became ill.
15. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term affable?
3. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital?
4. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
5. Why did Brian's ex-wife leave him?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)