|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joe's interview halted?
(a) Joe has become ill.
(b) Joe has asked for a break.
(c) Another patient needs the interviewer.
(d) His family has arrived.
2. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
(a) She doesn't like being observed in her private place.
(b) She does not like discussing her disease or feelings.
(c) She is angry about her body being ravaged by the disease.
(d) She is tired and would rather be in bed.
3. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
4. Where are Maggie and Steve while Joe is hospitalized?
(a) Southern plains.
(b) West coast.
(c) East coast.
5. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
(a) Up in heaven with God.
(b) In her daughter's home.
(c) Back in her own home.
(d) Back in her regular hospital room.
6. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
(a) He shakes from fear.
(b) He shakes because of the disease.
(c) He shakes from medication side effects.
(d) He shakes with wonder.
7. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
(a) His desire to live forever.
(b) His perspective on death.
(c) His feelings about Joe.
(d) His need to see his family.
8. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He asks her where Brian is.
(b) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(c) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(d) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
9. What does Felicity tell the interviewer to undermine Claire?
(a) Tells the interviewer that Agnes doesn't love her.
(b) Tells Agnes that she wishes Claire were there.
(c) Talks about how beautiful Claire is.
(d) Talks about how much Claire helps her.
10. What does Maggie do when Steve jokes with her and tries to pull her in the cottage?
(a) She slides to the cottage floor and sobs.
(b) She walks away from both Steve and Joe.
(c) She yells and cusses at him.
(d) She slaps him hard across the face.
11. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
(a) She refuses to let Steve touch his father.
(b) She refuses to talk to Joe.
(c) She refuses to talk about Joe's illness.
(d) She refuses to go in the cottage.
12. What does Brian believe would allow people to live more authentic lives?
(a) Believing in an after life.
(b) Fighting to live for as long as possible.
(c) Admitting the reality of their own death.
(d) Refusing to accept their own fate.
13. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
(a) His refusal to have a cocktail with her.
(b) His treatment of her as she visits Brian.
(c) His housekeeping skills.
(d) His cool demeanor as he talks about Brian's condition.
14. How is the interview process explained to Joe?
(a) The hospital wants to be sure that no one is infected.
(b) It is the hospitals way of talking to the people in the cottage.
(c) It is the manner in which the patients can tell their story.
(d) The patients need to ensure all of their affairs are in order this way.
15. What does the interviewer do to make Joe relax?
(a) Tells him that all those who have lived in the cottage have been interviewed this way.
(b) Tells him that he will soon see the interviewer.
(c) Tells him there is nothing to be frightened of.
(d) Tells him to relax and listen to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beverly feel about the information that Mark shares with her?
2. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
3. What has caused regular visits between Joe and his family to be prohibitive?
4. What profession does Brian have?
5. What is Beverly obsessed with?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)