|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
2. Which of the following is true about the way Agnes treats Felicity?
(a) She acts as if nothing is wrong.
(b) She constantly tries to change the topic.
(c) She caters to her every whim.
(d) She treats her as if she is already dead.
3. Felicity often has troubles with which of the following?
4. What does Brian believe would allow people to live more authentic lives?
(a) Fighting to live for as long as possible.
(b) Refusing to accept their own fate.
(c) Believing in an after life.
(d) Admitting the reality of their own death.
5. What did Beverly tell Brian that he had lost?
(a) The need for her.
(b) The magic and zest for real living.
(c) The ability to cope with the realities of life.
(d) The desire to write emotionally.
6. How does Brian describe fate?
7. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
(a) A hospital room.
(b) A doctor's office.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A cottage.
8. What does Brian admit scares him to death?
(a) The act of dying.
(b) Never seeing her again.
(c) What happens in the after life.
(d) Losing Mark.
9. What ends the tension between Beverly and Mark?
(a) Brian walks in the room.
(b) Beverly keeps drinking.
(c) Mark leaves.
(d) Mark yells at Beverly.
10. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
(a) The interviewer is an unseen person.
(b) The interviewer is not talking to Joe.
(c) The interviewer is a female in a suit.
(d) The interviewer seems oblivious to Joe's presence.
11. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
(a) They have all the time.
(b) That no one else thinks like they do.
(c) They will behappy always.
(d) They have only to believe.
12. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his second reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
13. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(b) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(c) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(d) He asks her where Brian is.
14. What did Joe ask Maggie to do?
(a) Talk to his doctors so she better understands things.
(b) Explain the situation to Steve.
(c) Bring his favorite foods.
(d) Make sure she comes happily.
15. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his first reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
2. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
3. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
4. What does Steve do to express how much he missed Joe?
5. Why is Joe's interview halted?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)