|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
(a) They have only to believe.
(b) They have all the time.
(c) They will behappy always.
(d) That no one else thinks like they do.
2. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
(a) To talk to Agnes too.
(b) To have Felicity leave the cottage.
(c) To speak to Agnes alone outside of the cottage.
(d) To talk to Felicity alone.
3. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
(a) Back in her own home.
(b) Up in heaven with God.
(c) In her daughter's home.
(d) Back in her regular hospital room.
4. What is unique about where Joe is staying?
(a) It has no privacy as people can see into the cottage at all times.
(b) It is a specially equipped cottage.
(c) It has enough rooms for all of his family.
(d) It is designed to allow his body to heal.
5. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
(a) Steve's new job.
(b) How much she missed him.
(c) Her plane trip.
(d) Her work.
6. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
(a) Reading the bible.
(b) Singing a hymn.
(c) Talking about Claire.
(d) Cleaning the cottage.
7. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
(a) She refuses to let Steve touch his father.
(b) She refuses to talk to Joe.
(c) She refuses to talk about Joe's illness.
(d) She refuses to go in the cottage.
8. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital?
(a) She is relived.
(b) She is incensed.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is happy.
9. Where are Maggie and Steve while Joe is hospitalized?
(a) Southern plains.
(b) West coast.
(c) East coast.
10. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
11. What does Steve chide his mother about never being able to do?
(a) Live a rural life.
(b) Refusing to have a drink.
(c) Talk to Joe about his illness.
(d) Go inside the cottage.
12. How does Joe react to what Maggie has done to Steve?
(a) He yells at Maggie.
(b) He tells Steve to leave his mother alone.
(c) He comforts Steve.
(d) He asks Steve to leave them alone.
13. What does Beverly try to do to handle the hostility between her and Mark?
(a) She walks away.
(b) She yells at Mark.
(c) She calls to the interviewer.
(d) She tries to use humor.
14. What does Brian admit scares him to death?
(a) Never seeing her again.
(b) What happens in the after life.
(c) The act of dying.
(d) Losing Mark.
15. What happens in Brian's recurring dream?
(a) Everyone he knows appears and calls his name.
(b) No one can hear him call their name.
(c) Maggie calls for him but he cannot reach her.
(d) He is lost and all alone unable to find his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
2. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
3. Why is Joe's interview halted?
4. What does Steve do to express how much he missed Joe?
5. How does Brian end his interview?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)