Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
(a) They will behappy always.
(b) That no one else thinks like they do.
(c) They have all the time.
(d) They have only to believe.
2. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is elated.
3. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
(a) His feelings about Joe.
(b) His perspective on death.
(c) His need to see his family.
(d) His desire to live forever.
4. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
(a) Because he continues to write.
(b) Because she is happy.
(c) Because he laughs at life and death.
(d) Because he is dying.
5. Who is Claire?
(a) Agnes's daughter.
(b) Felicity's daughter.
(c) Felicity's granddaughter.
(d) Felicity's sister.
6. What is the main topic of this play?
(a) Hospital care.
(b) Family relationships.
7. What does Brian say about day-to-day basis life can be?
8. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
(a) To talk to Agnes too.
(b) To have Felicity leave the cottage.
(c) To speak to Agnes alone outside of the cottage.
(d) To talk to Felicity alone.
9. Which of the following is the best definition of what it means to be socially taboo?
(a) The topic is easily discussed in society.
(b) Only outcasts would consider the topic.
(c) Not often discussed or talked about.
(d) There are laws against talking about the topic.
10. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
(a) Moving through their lives in an automatic way.
(b) Denying the facts that are presented to them.
(c) Trying methods to prolong the inevitable.
(d) Praying to a God he does not believe exists.
11. Who is Mark?
(a) Brian's companion.
(b) Beverly's husband.
(c) Steve's friend.
(d) Maggie's boyfriend.
12. What causes Joe to be vigorous and in good humor?
(a) The interviewer is calming him.
(b) He has met a couple of friends at the other cottages.
(c) His wife and son are arriving soon.
(d) He has come to grips with his disease and fate.
13. Why has Brian started to write again?
(a) He needs to find something to do to pass the time.
(b) He wants to leave a clear legacy behind.
(c) Mark has inspired him to help him write again.
(d) He doesn't want to leave anything unsaid or undone.
14. What does Joe believe his illness has made him more of?
(a) An emotionally withdrawn person.
(b) A man with no hope.
(c) An object rather than a person.
(d) A person devoid of feelings.
15. What does Brian believe would allow people to live more authentic lives?
(a) Refusing to accept their own fate.
(b) Believing in an after life.
(c) Admitting the reality of their own death.
(d) Fighting to live for as long as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve do to express how much he missed Joe?
2. How does Joe react to what Maggie has done to Steve?
3. What happens in Brian's recurring dream?
4. What does Felicity do to try and block out the interviewer's voice?
5. How does Beverly feel about the information that Mark shares with her?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)