|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Felicity says that she and Claire communicate?
(a) Phone calls.
(b) They do not communicate.
(d) Personal visits.
2. What is the main topic of this play?
(b) Family relationships.
(d) Hospital care.
3. How does Brian describe fate?
4. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
(a) A high tech hospital.
(b) A vacation home on a beach.
(c) A three star restaurant.
(d) A country retreat in the woods.
5. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
(a) A light suddenly comes on.
(b) A man calls him over.
(c) The loud crying of a woman.
(d) The sound of recorded voices.
6. Why did Brian's ex-wife leave him?
(a) He would always seem sad or irrate when he was writing.
(b) He spent all of his time writing and not paying attention to her.
(c) He wanted to write and talk instead of living life to its fullest.
(d) He would write about her and reveal her secrets to others.
7. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
(a) Denying the facts that are presented to them.
(b) Moving through their lives in an automatic way.
(c) Praying to a God he does not believe exists.
(d) Trying methods to prolong the inevitable.
8. What did Joe ask Maggie to do?
(a) Talk to his doctors so she better understands things.
(b) Make sure she comes happily.
(c) Explain the situation to Steve.
(d) Bring his favorite foods.
9. What does Beverly try to do to handle the hostility between her and Mark?
(a) She tries to use humor.
(b) She yells at Mark.
(c) She walks away.
(d) She calls to the interviewer.
10. Why has Brian started to write again?
(a) He needs to find something to do to pass the time.
(b) He doesn't want to leave anything unsaid or undone.
(c) He wants to leave a clear legacy behind.
(d) Mark has inspired him to help him write again.
11. Who does Felicity say Agnes is like?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
12. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(b) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(c) He asks her where Brian is.
(d) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
13. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
(a) He shakes with wonder.
(b) He shakes from fear.
(c) He shakes because of the disease.
(d) He shakes from medication side effects.
14. What does Mark tell Beverly about Brian?
(a) That he doesn't want to see her again.
(b) That his condition is terminal.
(c) That she is no good for him.
(d) That Brian continues to worry for her and call her.
15. What is Brian's perspective on death?
(a) He believes people think life is supposed to last forever.
(b) He believes people need to deny terminally ille people exist.
(c) He believes people believe in an after-life.
(d) He believes that God provides all of the answers about death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interviewer tell Joe he is available to do?
2. What profession does Brian have?
3. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
4. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
5. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)