|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
(a) A box that takes the light and refracts it to cause shadows.
(b) A creation that replicates another scene.
(c) A tall narrow box used to encase pictures safely.
(d) A shallow box that puts objects on display.
2. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
4. Who is Claire?
(a) Felicity's daughter.
(b) Felicity's sister.
(c) Agnes's daughter.
(d) Felicity's granddaughter.
5. What does the interviewer tell Joe about his feelings?
(a) He must move past the anger.
(b) He will want to avoid sharing them with his family.
(c) Everyone understands what he is going through.
(d) Any emotion is acceptable.
6. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
7. Where are Maggie and Steve while Joe is hospitalized?
(a) East coast.
(c) West coast.
(d) Southern plains.
8. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term affable?
9. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
(a) His housekeeping skills.
(b) His treatment of her as she visits Brian.
(c) His cool demeanor as he talks about Brian's condition.
(d) His refusal to have a cocktail with her.
10. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
(a) Because she is happy.
(b) Because he is dying.
(c) Because he continues to write.
(d) Because he laughs at life and death.
11. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
(a) His muse.
(b) His eloquence.
(c) His ability to tell a story.
(d) His grammar.
12. What does the interviewer do to make Joe relax?
(a) Tells him there is nothing to be frightened of.
(b) Tells him that he will soon see the interviewer.
(c) Tells him that all those who have lived in the cottage have been interviewed this way.
(d) Tells him to relax and listen to him.
13. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
14. How long has it been since Joe saw his wife and son?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 year.
15. What does Joe admit to the interviewer about Maggie?
(a) She is living in denial and will not admit he is ill.
(b) She doesn't enjoy seeing him the way he is now.
(c) It sometimes takes her a little while to fully understand things.
(d) He hasn't told her the extent of his illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
2. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
3. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
4. Who does Felicity say Agnes is like?
5. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)