|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of what it means to be socially taboo?
(a) There are laws against talking about the topic.
(b) The topic is easily discussed in society.
(c) Not often discussed or talked about.
(d) Only outcasts would consider the topic.
2. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
(a) Trying methods to prolong the inevitable.
(b) Denying the facts that are presented to them.
(c) Moving through their lives in an automatic way.
(d) Praying to a God he does not believe exists.
3. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(b) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(c) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(d) He asks her where Brian is.
4. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
(a) The happenings at Steve's school and Maggie's work.
(b) The memories from the last family vacation.
(c) The family buying a farm and living a rural life.
(d) The family dog who had died last year.
5. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
(a) To have Felicity leave the cottage.
(b) To speak to Agnes alone outside of the cottage.
(c) To talk to Agnes too.
(d) To talk to Felicity alone.
6. What is the main topic of this play?
(b) Family relationships.
(d) Hospital care.
7. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
(a) How much she missed him.
(b) Steve's new job.
(c) Her work.
(d) Her plane trip.
8. What does Beverly try to do to handle the hostility between her and Mark?
(a) She tries to use humor.
(b) She yells at Mark.
(c) She walks away.
(d) She calls to the interviewer.
9. What did Joe ask Maggie to do?
(a) Bring his favorite foods.
(b) Make sure she comes happily.
(c) Explain the situation to Steve.
(d) Talk to his doctors so she better understands things.
10. What is located in the interview area?
(a) Two chairs.
(b) A small stool.
(c) A chair and a couch.
(d) A chair, a recorder and a man.
11. What does Brian admit scares him to death?
(a) The act of dying.
(b) What happens in the after life.
(c) Losing Mark.
(d) Never seeing her again.
12. What profession does Brian have?
13. Why has Brian started to write again?
(a) He wants to leave a clear legacy behind.
(b) Mark has inspired him to help him write again.
(c) He needs to find something to do to pass the time.
(d) He doesn't want to leave anything unsaid or undone.
14. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
15. How old is Steve?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
2. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
3. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
4. What does Joe admit to the interviewer about Maggie?
5. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)