|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark?
(a) Brian's companion.
(b) Maggie's boyfriend.
(c) Steve's friend.
(d) Beverly's husband.
2. How long has it been since Joe saw his wife and son?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 year.
3. Which of the following is true about the way Agnes treats Felicity?
(a) She caters to her every whim.
(b) She treats her as if she is already dead.
(c) She constantly tries to change the topic.
(d) She acts as if nothing is wrong.
4. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
(a) A high tech hospital.
(b) A country retreat in the woods.
(c) A vacation home on a beach.
(d) A three star restaurant.
5. What is Brian's perspective on death?
(a) He believes that God provides all of the answers about death.
(b) He believes people need to deny terminally ille people exist.
(c) He believes people believe in an after-life.
(d) He believes people think life is supposed to last forever.
6. What did Beverly tell Brian that he had lost?
(a) The desire to write emotionally.
(b) The magic and zest for real living.
(c) The need for her.
(d) The ability to cope with the realities of life.
7. What does Felicity tell the interviewer to undermine Claire?
(a) Talks about how much Claire helps her.
(b) Tells Agnes that she wishes Claire were there.
(c) Talks about how beautiful Claire is.
(d) Tells the interviewer that Agnes doesn't love her.
8. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his second reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
9. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
(a) She doesn't like being observed in her private place.
(b) She is angry about her body being ravaged by the disease.
(c) She does not like discussing her disease or feelings.
(d) She is tired and would rather be in bed.
10. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
(a) Because he continues to write.
(b) Because he is dying.
(c) Because she is happy.
(d) Because he laughs at life and death.
11. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
(a) A shallow box that puts objects on display.
(b) A box that takes the light and refracts it to cause shadows.
(c) A tall narrow box used to encase pictures safely.
(d) A creation that replicates another scene.
12. How does Steve feel about seeing his father?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is angry.
13. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
(a) His feelings about Joe.
(b) His need to see his family.
(c) His perspective on death.
(d) His desire to live forever.
14. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her daughter.
15. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term affable?
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
2. Why is Joe's interview halted?
3. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
4. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
5. What profession does Brian have?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)