|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian say about day-to-day basis life can be?
2. What does Felicity do to try and block out the interviewer's voice?
(a) Turns the TV up very loudly.
(b) Hums to herself.
(c) Goes into the bedroom and shuts the door.
(d) Walks out of the cottage.
3. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
(a) She refuses to talk to Joe.
(b) She refuses to let Steve touch his father.
(c) She refuses to talk about Joe's illness.
(d) She refuses to go in the cottage.
4. Where is Joe hospitalized?
5. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(b) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(c) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(d) He asks her where Brian is.
6. About how old is Felicity?
7. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
(a) He shakes because of the disease.
(b) He shakes from medication side effects.
(c) He shakes from fear.
(d) He shakes with wonder.
8. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
(a) Back in her regular hospital room.
(b) In her daughter's home.
(c) Back in her own home.
(d) Up in heaven with God.
9. What does Joe want to do in regards to his feelings?
(a) Redesign them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Deny them.
(d) Vent them.
10. Why has Brian started to write again?
(a) He needs to find something to do to pass the time.
(b) Mark has inspired him to help him write again.
(c) He wants to leave a clear legacy behind.
(d) He doesn't want to leave anything unsaid or undone.
11. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
(a) The interviewer is a female in a suit.
(b) The interviewer is an unseen person.
(c) The interviewer seems oblivious to Joe's presence.
(d) The interviewer is not talking to Joe.
12. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
(a) He didn't feel like company because he was depressed.
(b) He was too proud to let her see him ill.
(c) He always thought he'd go home.
(d) He was ashamed of how he became ill.
13. How long has it been since Joe saw his wife and son?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 weeks.
14. What does Joe admit to the interviewer about Maggie?
(a) She doesn't enjoy seeing him the way he is now.
(b) It sometimes takes her a little while to fully understand things.
(c) He hasn't told her the extent of his illness.
(d) She is living in denial and will not admit he is ill.
15. What has caused regular visits between Joe and his family to be prohibitive?
(a) Job and school demands.
(b) Rules of the hospital.
(c) Hospital expenses and long distance.
(d) Nature of his disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
2. How does Beverly feel about the information that Mark shares with her?
3. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
4. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
5. What does Mark tell Beverly about Brian?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)