|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What won't Maggie listen to that Joe tries to explain to her?
(a) About the interviewer.
(b) About the cottage.
(c) About the things she has brought.
(d) About his condition.
2. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
(a) The family dog who had died last year.
(b) The memories from the last family vacation.
(c) The family buying a farm and living a rural life.
(d) The happenings at Steve's school and Maggie's work.
3. What has caused regular visits between Joe and his family to be prohibitive?
(a) Rules of the hospital.
(b) Job and school demands.
(c) Nature of his disease.
(d) Hospital expenses and long distance.
4. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
(a) Singing a hymn.
(b) Cleaning the cottage.
(c) Reading the bible.
(d) Talking about Claire.
5. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(b) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(c) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(d) He asks her where Brian is.
6. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
(a) Steve's new job.
(b) Her work.
(c) Her plane trip.
(d) How much she missed him.
7. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is incensed.
(c) She is relived.
(d) She is happy.
8. What caused Maggie and Steve to come to see Joe?
(a) He begged them to come and visit.
(b) He no longer has the option to go home.
(c) They insisted that they had to come one last time.
(d) The hospital insisted that they come immediately.
9. What did Beverly tell Brian that he had lost?
(a) The desire to write emotionally.
(b) The magic and zest for real living.
(c) The need for her.
(d) The ability to cope with the realities of life.
10. Felicity often has troubles with which of the following?
11. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
(a) In her daughter's home.
(b) Back in her regular hospital room.
(c) Back in her own home.
(d) Up in heaven with God.
12. About how old is Felicity?
13. Where are Maggie and Steve while Joe is hospitalized?
(b) West coast.
(c) East coast.
(d) Southern plains.
14. What does the interviewer tell Joe he is available to do?
(a) Help him deal with his emotions.
(b) Talk to his family.
(c) Teach him how to accept his fate.
(d) Listen anytime.
15. What causes Joe to be vigorous and in good humor?
(a) His wife and son are arriving soon.
(b) The interviewer is calming him.
(c) He has come to grips with his disease and fate.
(d) He has met a couple of friends at the other cottages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian believe would allow people to live more authentic lives?
2. How does Felicity says that she and Claire communicate?
3. How does Brian end his interview?
4. What happens in Brian's recurring dream?
5. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)