|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Felicity continue to lash out at the interviewer?
(a) She is tired and would rather be in bed.
(b) She does not like discussing her disease or feelings.
(c) She is angry about her body being ravaged by the disease.
(d) She doesn't like being observed in her private place.
2. Which of the following is the best definition of what it means to be socially taboo?
(a) There are laws against talking about the topic.
(b) The topic is easily discussed in society.
(c) Only outcasts would consider the topic.
(d) Not often discussed or talked about.
3. Which of the following is true about the way Agnes treats Felicity?
(a) She caters to her every whim.
(b) She acts as if nothing is wrong.
(c) She constantly tries to change the topic.
(d) She treats her as if she is already dead.
4. How does Joe react to what Maggie has done to Steve?
(a) He comforts Steve.
(b) He asks Steve to leave them alone.
(c) He yells at Maggie.
(d) He tells Steve to leave his mother alone.
5. What does Brian admit scares him to death?
(a) What happens in the after life.
(b) Losing Mark.
(c) Never seeing her again.
(d) The act of dying.
6. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
(a) Because he laughs at life and death.
(b) Because he is dying.
(c) Because he continues to write.
(d) Because she is happy.
7. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
(a) He didn't feel like company because he was depressed.
(b) He was ashamed of how he became ill.
(c) He always thought he'd go home.
(d) He was too proud to let her see him ill.
8. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
(a) A box that takes the light and refracts it to cause shadows.
(b) A tall narrow box used to encase pictures safely.
(c) A shallow box that puts objects on display.
(d) A creation that replicates another scene.
9. What does Maggie do when Steve jokes with her and tries to pull her in the cottage?
(a) She slaps him hard across the face.
(b) She slides to the cottage floor and sobs.
(c) She walks away from both Steve and Joe.
(d) She yells and cusses at him.
10. What causes Joe to be vigorous and in good humor?
(a) He has met a couple of friends at the other cottages.
(b) He has come to grips with his disease and fate.
(c) His wife and son are arriving soon.
(d) The interviewer is calming him.
11. What does Steve do to express how much he missed Joe?
(a) He tells him.
(b) He hugs him several times.
(c) He gives him a letter he wrote.
(d) He has written Joe a poem.
12. Why is Joe's interview halted?
(a) Another patient needs the interviewer.
(b) His family has arrived.
(c) Joe has asked for a break.
(d) Joe has become ill.
13. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
(a) Talking about Claire.
(b) Cleaning the cottage.
(c) Reading the bible.
(d) Singing a hymn.
14. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(b) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(c) He asks her where Brian is.
(d) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
15. What is unique about where Joe is staying?
(a) It is a specially equipped cottage.
(b) It is designed to allow his body to heal.
(c) It has enough rooms for all of his family.
(d) It has no privacy as people can see into the cottage at all times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie talk to Joe about at first?
2. What does Felicity do to try and block out the interviewer's voice?
3. What does the interviewer tell Joe he is available to do?
4. What does Brian say about every person's dreams?
5. Why has Brian started to write again?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)