|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
2. How does Joe react to what Maggie has done to Steve?
(a) He tells Steve to leave his mother alone.
(b) He yells at Maggie.
(c) He comforts Steve.
(d) He asks Steve to leave them alone.
3. What is unique about where Joe is staying?
(a) It is designed to allow his body to heal.
(b) It has no privacy as people can see into the cottage at all times.
(c) It is a specially equipped cottage.
(d) It has enough rooms for all of his family.
4. What does Brian say about day-to-day basis life can be?
5. Where is Joe hospitalized?
6. Where are Maggie and Steve while Joe is hospitalized?
(a) West coast.
(b) Southern plains.
(c) East coast.
7. In what year did this play win both a Pulitzer Prize and a Tony Award?
8. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
(a) The interviewer is an unseen person.
(b) The interviewer seems oblivious to Joe's presence.
(c) The interviewer is a female in a suit.
(d) The interviewer is not talking to Joe.
9. What is Beverly obsessed with?
(a) How beautiful the cottage is.
(b) Brian's health issues.
(c) Brian and Mark's physical relationship.
(d) Why Brian wanted to see her again.
10. What is the main topic of this play?
(b) Family relationships.
(d) Hospital care.
11. What does Brian believe would allow people to live more authentic lives?
(a) Fighting to live for as long as possible.
(b) Refusing to accept their own fate.
(c) Believing in an after life.
(d) Admitting the reality of their own death.
12. What does Joe tell the interviewer was his second reaction to learning about his terminal condition?
13. How does Felicity feel about her treatment so far at the hospital?
(a) She is incensed.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is relived.
14. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
(a) His desire to live forever.
(b) His perspective on death.
(c) His need to see his family.
(d) His feelings about Joe.
15. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
(a) She tells Joe that Steve has slapped her in the past.
(b) She tells Joe that Steve cannot handle his condition.
(c) She tells Joe that Steve has been very upset an dmean to her.
(d) She tells Joe that she never told Steve about Joe's condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of what it means to be socially taboo?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of taboo?
3. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
4. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
5. Why was Joe released from the hospital?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)