|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What draws Joe's attention to the interview area?
(a) A man calls him over.
(b) The loud crying of a woman.
(c) A light suddenly comes on.
(d) The sound of recorded voices.
2. What does the interviewer suggest that surprises Agnes?
(a) To speak to Agnes alone outside of the cottage.
(b) To have Felicity leave the cottage.
(c) To talk to Agnes too.
(d) To talk to Felicity alone.
3. What is Beverly obsessed with?
(a) Brian's health issues.
(b) How beautiful the cottage is.
(c) Why Brian wanted to see her again.
(d) Brian and Mark's physical relationship.
4. How is the interview process explained to Joe?
(a) It is the hospitals way of talking to the people in the cottage.
(b) It is the manner in which the patients can tell their story.
(c) The patients need to ensure all of their affairs are in order this way.
(d) The hospital wants to be sure that no one is infected.
5. Why has Brian started to write again?
(a) He wants to leave a clear legacy behind.
(b) He doesn't want to leave anything unsaid or undone.
(c) He needs to find something to do to pass the time.
(d) Mark has inspired him to help him write again.
6. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(b) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(c) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(d) He asks her where Brian is.
7. How long has it been since Joe saw his wife and son?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 12 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 months.
8. What caused Maggie and Steve to come to see Joe?
(a) He no longer has the option to go home.
(b) The hospital insisted that they come immediately.
(c) They insisted that they had to come one last time.
(d) He begged them to come and visit.
9. What does Mark tell Beverly about Brian?
(a) That Brian continues to worry for her and call her.
(b) That she is no good for him.
(c) That he doesn't want to see her again.
(d) That his condition is terminal.
10. What won't Maggie listen to that Joe tries to explain to her?
(a) About the cottage.
(b) About the interviewer.
(c) About the things she has brought.
(d) About his condition.
11. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
(a) He shakes from fear.
(b) He shakes because of the disease.
(c) He shakes with wonder.
(d) He shakes from medication side effects.
12. What does the interviewer tell Joe about his feelings?
(a) He will want to avoid sharing them with his family.
(b) He must move past the anger.
(c) Any emotion is acceptable.
(d) Everyone understands what he is going through.
13. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
(a) She tells Joe that Steve has slapped her in the past.
(b) She tells Joe that Steve cannot handle his condition.
(c) She tells Joe that Steve has been very upset an dmean to her.
(d) She tells Joe that she never told Steve about Joe's condition.
14. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
15. What is the main topic of this play?
(c) Family relationships.
(d) Hospital care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
2. Where is Joe hospitalized?
3. Why did Brian's ex-wife leave him?
4. What does the interviewer do to make Joe relax?
5. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)