|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian admit scares him to death?
(a) The act of dying.
(b) Losing Mark.
(c) Never seeing her again.
(d) What happens in the after life.
2. Why did Brian's ex-wife leave him?
(a) He wanted to write and talk instead of living life to its fullest.
(b) He would always seem sad or irrate when he was writing.
(c) He would write about her and reveal her secrets to others.
(d) He spent all of his time writing and not paying attention to her.
3. Why was Joe released from the hospital?
(a) To keep others from catching his illness.
(b) Because there was nothing else they could do for him.
(c) To spend time with his family.
(d) To be able to keep track of his progress more carefully.
4. Which f the following is an accurate definition of the term shadow box?
(a) A tall narrow box used to encase pictures safely.
(b) A box that takes the light and refracts it to cause shadows.
(c) A creation that replicates another scene.
(d) A shallow box that puts objects on display.
5. How is the interview process explained to Joe?
(a) It is the hospitals way of talking to the people in the cottage.
(b) The patients need to ensure all of their affairs are in order this way.
(c) It is the manner in which the patients can tell their story.
(d) The hospital wants to be sure that no one is infected.
6. What is Brian's perspective on death?
(a) He believes people believe in an after-life.
(b) He believes that God provides all of the answers about death.
(c) He believes people think life is supposed to last forever.
(d) He believes people need to deny terminally ille people exist.
7. Which of the following is true about the way Agnes treats Felicity?
(a) She constantly tries to change the topic.
(b) She treats her as if she is already dead.
(c) She caters to her every whim.
(d) She acts as if nothing is wrong.
8. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
9. About how old is Felicity?
10. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
(a) A hospital room.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A doctor's office.
(d) A cottage.
11. What profession does Brian have?
12. Which of the following is true about the interviewer?
(a) The interviewer is not talking to Joe.
(b) The interviewer is an unseen person.
(c) The interviewer is a female in a suit.
(d) The interviewer seems oblivious to Joe's presence.
13. In what year did this play win both a Pulitzer Prize and a Tony Award?
14. What hope does Joe have in regards to Maggie's visit?
(a) That she will love being at the cottage.
(b) That she will finally understand he is dying.
(c) That she will be ready to comfort Steve when the time comes.
(d) That she will be able to find peace.
15. What is Brian doing all of the time that he is unsure of the cause of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
2. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
3. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
4. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
5. What is unique about where Joe is staying?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)