|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian describe fate?
2. What is located in the interview area?
(a) A chair and a couch.
(b) Two chairs.
(c) A chair, a recorder and a man.
(d) A small stool.
3. Why did Joe discourage his wife from coming to see him more often?
(a) He always thought he'd go home.
(b) He was ashamed of how he became ill.
(c) He didn't feel like company because he was depressed.
(d) He was too proud to let her see him ill.
4. How long has it been since Joe saw his wife and son?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 12 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
5. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
6. How does Brian end his interview?
(a) By saying that the process of life and death shouldn't be taken seriously.
(b) By saying that he wishes he had a typewriter so that he could write again.
(c) By telling the interviewer that people here are too serious.
(d) By telling the interviewer that he really misses Beverly.
7. Which of the following is the best description of what the opening setting could be mistake for?
(a) A country retreat in the woods.
(b) A high tech hospital.
(c) A three star restaurant.
(d) A vacation home on a beach.
8. Why does Brian think Beverly has not returned to him?
(a) Because he continues to write.
(b) Because she is happy.
(c) Because he is dying.
(d) Because he laughs at life and death.
9. How does Beverly feel about the information that Mark shares with her?
(a) She finds it uncomfortable.
(b) She doesn't understand what he is saying.
(c) She cannot process the information because she is drunk.
(d) She tells Mark that he is lying.
10. What does Brian say about every person's dreams?
(a) They are informal.
(b) They are ridiculous.
(c) They are beautiful.
(d) They are pointless.
11. How is the interview process explained to Joe?
(a) It is the hospitals way of talking to the people in the cottage.
(b) The hospital wants to be sure that no one is infected.
(c) The patients need to ensure all of their affairs are in order this way.
(d) It is the manner in which the patients can tell their story.
12. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He asks her where Brian is.
(b) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(c) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
(d) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
13. About how old is Felicity?
14. What does Brian believe that every person thinks, though it is not the reality?
(a) They will behappy always.
(b) They have all the time.
(c) That no one else thinks like they do.
(d) They have only to believe.
15. How does Felicity says that she and Claire communicate?
(a) Personal visits.
(b) Phone calls.
(d) They do not communicate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hope does Joe have in regards to Maggie's visit?
2. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
3. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
4. Which of the following is true about the way Agnes treats Felicity?
5. Which of the following best describes how Joe feels about talking to a voice when he is unable to see the person?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)