Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main plot line of the play, The Shadow Box?
2. Describe how the stage would look as the play opens.
3. Why do you think the interviewer is only heard and never seen?
4. Why is Joe's first reaction to the interviewer is quite awkward?
5. What does the interviewer do to help Joe relax?
6. What is wrong with Joe and why is he staying in the cottages?
7. How does the interviewer find Joe as s/he talks to him and why does he seem this way?
8. Why weren't Joe's wife and son regular visitors while he was in the hospital?
9. Why did Joe discourage his wife and son from spending the money and time to come visit him in the hospital?
10. What changed Joe's opinion about Maggie and Steve visiting him?
11. What does Joe tell the interviewer about his wife Maggie and her understanding of his condition?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)