|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steve chide his mother about never being able to do?
(a) Refusing to have a drink.
(b) Live a rural life.
(c) Go inside the cottage.
(d) Talk to Joe about his illness.
2. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
(a) A hospital room.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A doctor's office.
3. What was Mark doing before he came to live with Brian?
(a) He was a nurse at the hospital.
(b) He was a struggling writer.
(c) He was living in a homeless shelter.
(d) He was a male prostitute.
4. What does Beverly say that Mark's life is based on?
(c) False hope.
5. Why do you think Agnes is more open to the idea of her mother's death?
(a) She already lost her father.
(b) Her mother is older.
(c) Her sister ran away.
(d) She is tired of having to be fake for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interviewer tell Joe he is available to do?
2. How does Agnes now describe Claire?
3. Who is staying with Felicity at the cottage?
4. Felicity often has troubles with which of the following?
5. Which of the following characters seems more resigned to the end of an unfulfilling life?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)