|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Brian's ex-wife leave him?
(a) He spent all of his time writing and not paying attention to her.
(b) He wanted to write and talk instead of living life to its fullest.
(c) He would write about her and reveal her secrets to others.
(d) He would always seem sad or irrate when he was writing.
2. What did Beverly tell Brian that he had lost?
(a) The ability to cope with the realities of life.
(b) The desire to write emotionally.
(c) The need for her.
(d) The magic and zest for real living.
3. How does Brian describe fate?
4. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
(a) His ability to tell a story.
(b) His eloquence.
(c) His muse.
(d) His grammar.
5. How does Brian respond when he sees Beverly at the cottage?
(a) He asks her where Brian is.
(b) He talks about her dress and all of the jewelry she wears.
(c) He asks her if she is happy in her new life.
(d) He tells her to leave and that he doesn't want to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Felicity think she is sometimes?
2. What conclusion does Brian come to about his shaking?
3. What does Agnes do that causes Felicity to chastise her and launch into a bawdy song?
4. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
5. What did Joe ask Maggie to do?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)