|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the setting for the opening of this play?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A doctor's office.
(c) A hospital room.
(d) A cottage.
2. Where is Joe hospitalized?
3. What does Beverly try to do to handle the hostility between her and Mark?
(a) She walks away.
(b) She tries to use humor.
(c) She yells at Mark.
(d) She calls to the interviewer.
4. What does the interviewer tell Joe about his feelings?
(a) He must move past the anger.
(b) Any emotion is acceptable.
(c) He will want to avoid sharing them with his family.
(d) Everyone understands what he is going through.
5. What does Beverly chastise Mark about?
(a) His housekeeping skills.
(b) His cool demeanor as he talks about Brian's condition.
(c) His treatment of her as she visits Brian.
(d) His refusal to have a cocktail with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian believe has been thwarted by the mechanics of dying?
2. Why is Joe's interview halted?
3. Felicity often has troubles with which of the following?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of what it means to be socially taboo?
5. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)