|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Joe try to change it to when Maggie continues with her lack of acceptance?
(a) The family dog who had died last year.
(b) The happenings at Steve's school and Maggie's work.
(c) The family buying a farm and living a rural life.
(d) The memories from the last family vacation.
2. What does Joe admit to the interviewer about Maggie?
(a) She is living in denial and will not admit he is ill.
(b) She doesn't enjoy seeing him the way he is now.
(c) It sometimes takes her a little while to fully understand things.
(d) He hasn't told her the extent of his illness.
3. How many terminally ill people are in this play?
4. What caused Maggie and Steve to come to see Joe?
(a) They insisted that they had to come one last time.
(b) He no longer has the option to go home.
(c) He begged them to come and visit.
(d) The hospital insisted that they come immediately.
5. What does the interviewer tell Joe about his feelings?
(a) Any emotion is acceptable.
(b) Everyone understands what he is going through.
(c) He will want to avoid sharing them with his family.
(d) He must move past the anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian indicate is the only thing that anyone can be sure of?
2. What is Brian sharing as the interview area switches to highlight him?
3. Who is Mark?
4. Why is Joe's interview halted?
5. What is Brian's perspective on death?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)