|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Agnes believe that what she is doing is wrong?
(a) Felicity is dying anyway.
(b) She is helping to keep Felicity alive.
(c) Felicity's thinking is impaired.
(d) She is making sure her mother gets the best care.
2. What does Maggie refuse to do when she arrives at the cottage?
(a) She refuses to talk about Joe's illness.
(b) She refuses to let Steve touch his father.
(c) She refuses to talk to Joe.
(d) She refuses to go in the cottage.
3. What does Brian believe people are doing instead of living more authentic lives?
(a) Praying to a God he does not believe exists.
(b) Denying the facts that are presented to them.
(c) Trying methods to prolong the inevitable.
(d) Moving through their lives in an automatic way.
4. What does the interviewer tell Agnes may need to happen to Felicity?
(a) She needs to let go of Claire.
(b) She may need to go back to the hospital.
(c) She needs more help than Agnes can give.
(d) She has caused Agnes enough pain.
5. It could be said that Joe and Felicity are further along in the acceptance of their disease than which of the following characters?
(a) Their families.
(d) Beverly and Mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve chide his mother about never being able to do?
2. What does the reality of terminal illness force people to do?
3. What do Beverly and Mark both agree that Brian is?
4. What do the characters say about everything that matters?
5. What does Joe believe his illness has made him more of?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)