|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be the most important theme of the play?
(a) There is always hope even in death.
(b) There are many stages of grief.
(c) Life always ends in death.
(d) Really live while you're alive.
2. How long was Claire gone before Felicity and Agnes knew what happened to her?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) Five years.
(d) A month.
3. What confession does Maggie make to Joe about Steve after he tried to drag her into the cottage?
(a) She tells Joe that Steve has slapped her in the past.
(b) She tells Joe that Steve has been very upset an dmean to her.
(c) She tells Joe that she never told Steve about Joe's condition.
(d) She tells Joe that Steve cannot handle his condition.
4. What technique does the author use to provide depth to the stories without adding a lot of additional dialogue?
(a) Additional characters.
(b) Outside interviewer.
(c) Encouragement from outsiders.
(d) Flashbacks and memories.
5. What does Maggie do that symbolizes her acceptance of Joe's impending death?
(a) Goes into the cottage.
(b) Tells her husband she loves him.
(c) Takes Joe's hand.
(d) Talks to her son about Joe's condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Maggie say she'll go in the cottage?
2. Which of the following best describes the situation of being interviewed by someone you cannot see?
3. How does Agnes respond to the interviewers suggest about what may need to happen to Felicity?
4. What does Beverly spill on Mark's jacket?
5. How did Agnes describe Felicity after her husband died?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)