Mid-Book Test (up to Part 1, The Seer and the Seen, Section 9)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. That Ellison's first novel might win a prestigious award makes him think what?
2. How does Ellison describe his boyhood experience in Oklahoma?
3. What does Ellison praise about "Primer for White Folks?"
4. Why does Ellison consider Stephen Crane a great artist?
5. Ellison says Hemingway sought technical perfection rather than what?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. Ellison originally wanted to be a musician. What changed for him?
This section contains 1,140 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)