|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives above Ellison?
(a) Tap dancer.
(b) Exercise club.
(c) Judo training facility.
(d) Diligent classical singer.
2. Who co-founds modern jazz with Parker?
(a) Jimmy Rushing.
(b) Dizzy Gillespie.
(c) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Pat Brown.
3. Who painted the mural that is displayed above Minton's bandstand?
(a) Anonymous W.P.A. worker.
(b) Charles Graham.
(c) Paul Cezanne.
(d) Ralph Ellison.
4. Where does Charlie Christian come from?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Oklahoma City.
5. Why are slaves able to express themselves in art?
(a) Entertainment was enforced by white culture.
(b) Art was seen as harmless by slave owners.
(c) They were given artistic education by slave owners.
(d) They came from African cultures where art was highly functional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chaos of noise cause in Ellison?
2. How does Ellison define the "understanding of art?"
3. What is the "Act" Ellison refers to in the title of both the essay and the book?
4. Is Ellison interested primarily in injustice or art?
5. Where does Charlie Parker die?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)