|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jimmy Rushing's instrument?
2. What race of people are allowed into Minton's?
(a) Everybody is allowed in.
(b) Negro people.
(c) White people.
(d) Negro musicians and white customers.
3. Where does Charlie Parker die?
(a) Alley behind Minton's.
(b) Mental hospital.
(c) Crossing the Atlantic.
(d) Hotel suite of a Baroness.
4. From what did Parker struggle to escape?
(d) Role of entertainer.
5. What do all American Negros share?
(a) Religious and political beliefs.
(b) A hatred toward European colonization and slavery.
(c) Genetic links to Central Africa.
(d) Educational and economic level.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Art of Fiction: An Interview" what does Ellison say at the very beginning?
2. What is remarkable about the psychiatric staff?
3. What is the "Shadow" which Hollywood produces?
4. Does Ellison have "Invisible Man" completely thought out prior to writing it?
5. What song moves Jackson into the public eye?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)