|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Lafargue Psychiatric Clinic?
2. What is the "Act" Ellison refers to in the title of both the essay and the book?
3. What is Charlie Parker's nickname?
4. What is the final grade Jackson finished in school?
(c) Freshman in college.
(d) Graduate degree in music.
5. Why are slaves able to express themselves in art?
(a) They were given artistic education by slave owners.
(b) They came from African cultures where art was highly functional.
(c) Entertainment was enforced by white culture.
(d) Art was seen as harmless by slave owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What establishment is to the right of Ellison?
2. What do the three sections of "Invisible Man" represent?
3. How did Mrs. Jackson's nephew William die?
4. What is the significance of printing Negro with a capital N?
5. What kind of bird does Ellison say Parker is?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)