|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Culturally, what do American Negros represent?
(a) Great amalgam of African, American Indian and European cultures.
(b) Future of American melting pot.
(c) Repression of natural human desire.
(d) African tribal customs transplanted to American soil.
2. What institutions does Minton's evolve out of?
(a) Asbury Baptist and League of Women Voters.
(b) New York Jazz Organization and Rockefeller Trust.
(c) Clef Club and Rhythm Club.
(d) NAACP and YMCA.
3. What is the fee for clients at the Lafargue Psychiatric Clinic?
(a) Twenty five dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Twenty five cents.
(d) One hundred dollars.
4. What is the original title of the film "The Birth of a Nation?"
(a) The Clansman.
(b) KKK Army.
(c) White Pride.
5. What Hotel is Minton's part of?
(a) Hotel Cecil.
(b) Hotel Plaza.
(c) Hotel Barbero.
(d) Hotel LaGrand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellison define the "understanding of art?"
2. What is the first book Ellison ever reviews in a publication?
3. What magazine does Ellison write music reviews for?
4. Who is Mrs. Lydia Maria Child?
5. When does Jones place the beginnings of the blues?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)