1. What does Ralph Ellison's father hope that Ralph will grow up to be?
2. Where does Ellison grow up?
3. How does Ellison describe his boyhood experience in Oklahoma?
Romantic aspirations in the spirit of frontier adventurousness.
4. As a child what do Ellison and his boyhood friends believe they are to do?
Be whoever they would and could be.
5. What are the three themes of "Shadow and Act" according to the Introduction?
Literature, Jazz/Blues and the relationship between Negro America and American culture.
This section contains 5,083 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)