|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Sound and the Mainstream, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dangerous and different about Wright's attitude?
(a) Refused to participate in school.
(b) Ran for public office and refused to accept defeat.
(c) Sought individual freedom in a "pre-individual" Negro culture.
(d) Was loud and demanding of others.
2. What is Ellison reading when he begins writing "Invisible Man?"
(a) "The Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad.
(b) "The Problem of Leadership" by Rod Mitchell
(c) "The Hero" by Lord Raglan.
(d) "Native Son" by Richard Wright.
3. What does Falkner understand about racial social code of the South?
(a) It is fragile and illusionary.
(b) Destructive to both Negro and white parts of society.
(c) Here today, gone tomorrow.
(d) It will never change.
4. Who is Stanley Hyman's favorite archetypal figure?
(d) Orphaned prince.
5. What is Jimmy Rushing's instrument?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three major section of the "Primer for White Folks?"
2. What distresses Ellison most about the essay "Black Boys and Native Sons?"
3. How does Ellison describe the writer Malraux?
4. What street is Minton's on?
5. What kind of radio does Ellison have?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)