|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The Shadow and the Act, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellison say good fiction is made of?
(a) What is real.
(b) Eternal truth.
(d) Tricks of the trade.
2. Which critics of "Black Boy" does Ellison want to respond to?
(a) Those who see the book as a miracle and its author a mystery.
(b) Those who believe Wright is self-involved.
(c) Those who believe Wright is exaggerating the truth.
(d) Those who believe Wright is a communist.
3. What are the three major section of the "Primer for White Folks?"
(a) Heritage, Short Stories, Today and Tomorrow.
(b) Right, Wrong, Ambivilent.
(c) Beginning, Middle, End.
(d) White, Negro, Mixed Race.
4. Where is Richard Wright born?
(a) In a log cabin located in the heart of Nebraska.
(b) On a Mississippi plantation.
(c) On a train as it traveled from Georgia to Maine.
(d) In the New York City Negro hospital
5. Who is the author of the novel "Intruder in the Dust?"
(a) Maria Sothington.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) Ralph Ellison.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on the left of Ellison?
2. What is Ellison's original choice of career?
3. As a child what is Wright unable to distinguish between?
4. Why does Ellison consider Stephen Crane a great artist?
5. How old is Crane when he wrote his masterpiece "The Red Badge of Courage?"
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)