|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Peter's sister?
2. What does Graff say the Jeesh could do if they left the Earth?
3. Who is the first person to accept Graff's offer?
4. What is the first army sent to fight the Indian Army?
5. Where does Randi hope to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important question does Petra ask her mother, and what is her mother's response?
2. What does Bean tell Graff after he is already on the starship?
3. Why does Bean say that he does NOT want to see Petra again after he leaves the Earth?
4. Why do Rackham and Graff want to establish world peace?
5. What does Petra realize after Peter leaves when she returns home?
6. What does Alai say in his message to his people?
7. Why does Alai tell Virlomi to wait to start a war, and how does she respond to this advice?
8. What do Peter's parents say when they visit him, and how does Peter react?
9. How does Virlomi feel when she is told that she cannot go back to India?
10. How does Virlomi feel about Ender's Jeesh, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and Fear are two very important themes that overlap in this book many times. What are some examples of this, and how do these examples affect the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some examples of each kind of conflict in Bean's life, and how did he respond to each of these examples? What does this indicate about his character and personality?
Essay Topic 3
How did self-image and personal identity affect Peter in his actions and his ability to lead his mission to bring peace to the Earth?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)