|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Peter and Virlomi plan to meet?
2. Who warns Alai before he is killed?
3. Who tells Alai about Han Tzu's intentions against Muslims?
4. Why is Bean in Manila?
5. How does Alai plan to leave a message for his people when he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bean say that he does NOT want to see Petra again after he leaves the Earth?
2. What does Virlomi do before she is married?
3. What do Peter's parents say when they visit him, and how does Peter react?
4. What does Alai say in his message to his people?
5. Why does Peter have few responsibilities at the end of the book?
6. What does Virlomi say is the only thing she really wants from Alai?
7. How does Randi feel when Bean is killed, and why?
8. What important question does Petra ask her mother, and what is her mother's response?
9. Why was Peter denied entrance to Battle School?
10. How does Virlomi feel about Ender's Jeesh, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the most evil things Volescu did in this plot, and what were his reasons for these actions?
Essay Topic 2
Violence is something that is resorted to a number of times in this book, and yet some characters feel justified in their violent actions. Who are some of these characters, and how does their feeling about violence affect their place in the plot and the characters who are in contact with them?
Essay Topic 3
How did the literary tool of symbolism affect this plot, and what were some of the most important symbols?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)